Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

replacement skis

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Having snapped my apache outlaws on my last trip,have been looking at the scott missions or crusades as a the replacements.
Anybody skied both of these and can offer an opinion or other alternatives.Looking for something for on and off piste.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
paul g1967,

If you are used to Outlaws then the Mission is an easier ride IMV.
A 184 Outlaw is a firm ski.. and the Mission is a noodle by comparison, IMV.

Not sure about Crusades, but if I wanted a ski that was a step on from the Outlaw, I'd be thinking of a Stockli around 88mm plus, MX 88, Nodica Enforcer and the Movement Couloir if it is indeed the replacement for the Thunder. Watea 94mm, and I would check out the Rossi SAS range...
and a Mantra, possibly,
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Or I've got a pair of K2 Apache Recons going spare. Otherwise they wiill make it to ebay in the next few days if I can be organised enough! They did me fine for the past few years, off piste and on, although now I feel the need for something wider underfoot (keeping up with junior....).
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
RobW wrote:
Or I've got a pair of K2 Apache Recons going spare. Otherwise they wiill make it to ebay in the next few days if I can be organised enough! They did me fine for the past few years, off piste and on, although now I feel the need for something wider underfoot (keeping up with junior....).
Looking for something wider than the recons,should try a few 1st really.
Was told that the missions were really good fun on the piste,so was wondering if you would loe that with the crusades extra width.
thanks for the replies
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
paul g1967,
There are soooooo many skis to choose from at this size.
By all accounts the Crusade is stiffer and better on piste than the mission if you like to push it.

Spyderjon has some High Society Freerides new in 179 and 187. or check out his site http://www.jonsskituning.co.uk/
Very versatile ski of similar dimensions to what you are looking at.
They grip n rip on piste thanks to been stiff under foot but softer in the tips helps in powder (based on experience of friends who have skied them). I've skied the 171cm at Hemel and it was really lively I will have 187 in my collection this year.

I have scott neos too (Not for sale wink ) love em stiffer than the mission but a bit narrower. A really good go anywhere ski awesome fun on piste and great for skiing crud and slush. Only complaint although they float fine in powder they dont have the floaty feel of some softer skis. Unlike the High society above these have a continuous flex and flex more in the middle and less in the tips.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy