Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Resort help!!!

Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

First post as I've been lurking in the background reading up on every resort going and just seem to be going round in circles!

I'm organising a group holiday for January and want to find a resort on a budget but is also snowsure.

We've been two Bulgaria and don't want to go back. it'll mostly be our 2nd of 3rd weeks skiing/boarding with a couple of decent skiers.

Can anyone recommend some resorts for Jan that won't break the bank!? (got a budget of £450 for HB each! not including lift passes!!! Egh!)

So far I have Passo Tonale, and maybe Sauze but snow record seems unpredictable in Sauze.

Anyways I'm off to search online (again!)

Cheers

Ryan
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Ryan, welcome to snowHead
How big is your group? If it's 6 or less you could wait to nearer the time and try and get a last minute deal. I've done this a few times and have had some real bargains. Unfortunately, the more people in your group the less chance of finding something.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Try looking at one of the Les Arcs centres, if you like to party, 1800 is best.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sorry theres 8 at the moment but could increase. Not too bothered about partying... some bars will do us fine!!!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ryanfitz1981
There is a company called Equity ski which has an internet branch called rocket ski (http://www.rocketski.com/)
Give them a try. They have cancelled their italian flights for next year but they will arrange flights for groups of 8 or more.
Give them a call and see what they can sort out for you
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
cheers wayne, I'll give them a look...

Whats it like cost wise over in france? We've got some people who are shoe-stringing it and may even want to cook their own food?? With the Euro being so stomg against the pound I'm having nightmares about getting a round in?! ;o)
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ryanfitz1981, Welcome, If your looking to go independent, you could try CoolChalet www.coolchalets.com near Les Arcs, they are based a short way outside Bourg, and run a mini bus to the funicular and have a gear storage arrangement with Twinner in 1600, have stayed with them twice, you can walk to the nearby village and drink or eat in the local hotel, be prepared to be shocked at the prices! Its a lot less for a beer than on the mountain. Another alternative is the Goat Shed http://thegoatshed.com/ in Peisey not stayed there myself but some mates have been there a couple of times. You will have to sort your own transport CoolChalet do a transfer service to Geneva
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Passo Tonale is a good choice for you. It's not got the biggest ski area but the runs are well connected and the glacier is snow sure. A good selection of bars and hotels and lifts are very close to the accomodation. We went 2 years ago, it was about 25% cheaper overall than a week in a big french resort.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Have you considered Andora?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
rich.ll, is Andorra snow sure in Jan? I know it wasn't the best of snow seasons all round in Jan 07 but I'm pretty sure a friend went there one Jan and there was next to nothing there
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
ryanfitz1981, There are quite a few possibilities in Austria which would be reasonably priced (comparable to Passo Tonale).

Anywhere in the Zillertal will be pretty sure of snow then, and if it is a freak year, you would still have access to the Hintertux glacier. (Note - even in January 2007 when the Kitzbuhel race was cancelled, and many resorts had no snow, we were being bussed to Kaltenbach which had almost all runs open).

But I'd wait a few weeks. If there are late deals available for that period, they tend to start appearing towards the end of next month. Even for 8 of you.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Have you thought about going to Andorra? You should be able to get a good deal on a holiday, plus the snow is usually ok in January.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hi, have you tried activitybreaks.com? They have a quite a few deals in Italy for cheap. They did a great deal for me going to the Nordic hotel in Santa Caterina. Good luck looking!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
ryanfitz1981, 8 of us went here in February 2009 and had a great time.

http://www.neilson.co.uk/Snow-Austria-Saalbach-Hinterglemm-Hotel-Reisinger-Hinterglemm-Accommodation-Information.aspx?RWA=Yes

Its in Hinterglemm, Austria, which is a nice Austrian resort. The ski area is twinned with Saalbach, which is about 5km or so along the valley. Its a really extensive ski area and as 2 or 3 weekers should suit you perfectly, there's plenty of cruising blues and reds. Hinterglemm is not party central, though there are a few decent bars, but Saalbach is a fair bit livelier (free ski bus or 8 man taxi for 20 euros).

This hotel is listed (I think) just as a 2 star, but it's a lot better than that. You effectively get triple rooms for the price, so the rooms are very big (as long as you book the 2/3 option). Breakfast and dinner are included, and we had no problems with the food. Best of all, the hotel is literally a 2 minute walk from one of the main gondolas, and also very close to the best apres-ski bar in resort (Goastall).

Depending on when you're going this could very well fit your budget, the week I looked at in January came in at £438. I'd definitely go back here.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
ryanfitz1981, if you're scared of the euro it may be worth looking for something catered that you can book in pounds. At least you know the bulk of your holiday cost won't change price.
will pm you in case we can help
The joys of being the organiser eh! have a good trip Very Happy
snow conditions
Hmmm... Cheers for all the help.

Was looking at Andorra aswell but its the snow problem?! Is it that dodgy?

I'll have a look at everyones suggestions!....
latest report
ryanfitz1981, probably worth a check in the snow reports section of the forum to see how the past years have been in Andorra. I've always fancied going but always end up gettin drawn elsewhere. My comment was based on the experience of a friend in one year so hardly makes it concrete fact that the snow is naff there every year, I was in Les Gets that year and it was so rubbish the TO bussed us up to Avoriaz
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy