Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

FKS Forward Pressure issue

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

I'm having some problems getting my new bindings set up perfectly. Went dry skiing last night and had a pretty major stack trying to five a medium sized kicker. Normally with I would have expected both skis to come off but they stayed on and I tomahawked a bit. In fact I didn't release all session. I know FKS have good retention but this seemed a bit odd to me.

My DINS are at 7.5 and 8, Im almost 13 stone and Im a pretty aggressive and advanced skier but relatively new to park.

Ive done a bit more research about the correct forward pressure on FKS today and it seems to me that my bindings might have been drilled a little close together and the shop set the pressure far to high as the white tab was pushed well backwards with my boot clicked in.

I have fiddled around with the forward pressure arms and unscrewed them to their maximum extension but the white tab is still pushed a couple a couple of mm further out than the plastic indicator tabs. Is this a problem and does it mean that my bindings won't release when they should?

I'll try and put up a pick of the position of the white tab and the forward pressure arms later.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy