Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

How late to leave it for a Xmas deal

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are looking to book for Xmas - going out on 20th Dec for a week - preferably from Birmingham Airport.
How late should we leave it to book - we want to hold out for a deal but not hold out too long and miss out all together Looking to go catered chalet.......it is such a gamble - do we cave in now or wait a couple of weeks?

Also, which are the best deal websites - apart from Iglu (which I always find dearer than eveyone else) ,Fast Track and Ifyouski???

Puzzled
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
bottleofbolly,

Best thing is to find something you like on iglu or other 'broker' site ; then search for the 'accomodation' on google which will hopefully locate the 'original' holiday provide ( & possibly a bit cheaper).
I would hang on a few weeks.........xmas week usually doesnt fill up till late; guess most people want to be home for xmas day................couldnt persuade my lot to go away that week & couldnt afford the new year week Sad
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
bottleofbolly, Let us have a bit more info, ie numbers, and make up of party. We can then see what we can offer you at Le Morzenettaz, in Morzine.
Not promising that we can help, but worth a look.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi - just 2 of us - looking for a twin room in a catered chalet 20th Dec from Birmingham for 1 week - thanks for looking for me x
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Firstly - most travel operators run sat to sat - so the departures are going out on the 19th Dec

My advice

the later you leave it the worse it gets

the accommodation is usually the pits, because by choice nobody wanted it and other better but cheaper options were already snapped up ages ago

and actually you don't save any money at all - you just get less choice of accommodation, resorts and miles from the lifts

my friend left it to the last minute to book to go whistler for xmas as couple of years back and the price had doubled and he had to stay in a hotel about 3 miles from the resort in the middle of nowhere

really mate - you are not gonna get anything good leaving last minute and let's put it this way, everything - I mean everything (every room, flight, etc) will be booked at xmas - I think the flights are the problem - there are only so many seats and when they're gone, there are no more

I book xmas in July - it is actually cheaper and even then the best choices are already gone.

Also you have to be particular where you book at xmas - there is not going to be much snow (and melting) below 1800m - and definitely in trouble by 1600m - if you look at the piste maps and see where the top and bottom of the runs are - you need to be getting the bottoms of most runs above 1800m. if you leave it to last minute, only the resorts that are not snow sure will be available - so you'll be packed to go skiing and no blummen snow to ski on

trust me I go every xmas and new year

look at the follow high resorts - as a clue

Tignes, val claret, val d'sere
Alpe D'huez
Chamonix
St Anton
la plagne villages / les arcs
Zermatt
Verbier
Saas Fee
Les deux alpes
Sestriere
3 Vallees but pick upper towns - even here has had no snow about 4 years ago

good luck
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
bottleofbolly, Will get Nina to PM you tomorrow with what we can offer.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy