Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Take your pick!

Poster: A snowHead
hey guys,

if u have to choose between the following skis, which would you choose, and why?

nordica SUV 12, rossignol B2, Salomon Scrambler 8, salomon 1080(candide lab),

looking for an all mountain ski (as in, good on-piste, can do powder, your take one ski to the slopes every year ski)

thanks!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The Nordica, primarily for build quality.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ssh... and others, before advising on this type of question, how important would you say is it to know a little more about the skier him/herself? ie 60kgs or 120kgs, intermediate or expert, average/good/extreme fitness?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
PG, thats why i asked "what would you choose"

for myself, im 85kgs, 178cm, intermediate good fitness...

im leaning towards the B2 for it's versatility, but the nordica's so tempting too...
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
B2s seem to have a considerable vote this year. In a week's skiing, I found they coped well in all conditions I came accross (didn't come accross breakable crust). A rock-solid ski. I didn't quite click with them though - but had a feeling that that was a personal thing, rather than the fault of the ski. Most skiers who use them love them.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Nick Zotov, what didnt you like about them?

has anyone in this forum been on both the SUV and the bandit?
i think im letting go of the 1080 because it's not "as versitile" as the others...
am i right?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
enoch,

No, only tried the B2 which was very good in new snow but I thought the Head Monster 75 was better.
And if your prime goal was using the pistes to get to off-piste I would be using the M75.
But as a ski that will do the whole mountain in most conditions I would be looking at waist of about 75m, which is what the B2 and M75 plus or minus 1mm have.

sorry can't help with the Nordica
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
is the M:75's tail tipped upwards a lil?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
enoch,
Have a look at the Elan 666. I am 173cm x 75 kg have the 176cm length and although very pleased with their performance all over the mountain, feel that I could have got the shorter length, price is V competitive.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
enoch,

No, not that I noticed and I used them for about a week in the storms in Jan. I didn't get any other conditions other than new snow and they excelled in chopped snow, underneath the lifts runs and deep snow drifts. In those conditions I loved them. Might not have the flex for ice but I didn't get to try them there. Besides, if I get ice I want Rossi 9s'....
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
i was reading through reviews and looking more into the monster, and it looks very tempting.
but is it really heavy? i dont know if i can handle it...

plus i wanan be able to do some tricks, if you guys remember, the first question i asked when i joined this forum was how to do the helicopter trick.
i believe the bandit has a tipped tail? and it's softer? would that help me with jumps?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
If you want to do tricks the 1080 is the one - but it is not just a park ski.

I liked the B2 but did not like the Axial bindings that were fitted.

In the end it does not matter what others think. You should demo and pick the one that suits you.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
yeah, i would try demo if i can...but demoing in australia is harder than in the states or europe...
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
enoch,

The monster feels light underfoot which is different from saying it is a light ski. I don't think it is heavy anyway and it is really easy to get round it deep stuff by jumping them so it pivots very well. It is a renown skiercross comp ski but as a park ski I don't know, never tried them there. The Head Mad trix is supposed to do all that.
Not a jumper anymore unless I really have to as I try to protect the knees but a helicopter should be achievable on any ski, you don't need twin tips for that.

Only going on reviews here but I would think the 1080 and the Mad trix are the ski for tricks, certainly over the monster and B2.
However I can say that the Monster and B2 are fine all round skis for deep snow and chopped and moguls IMO.

Sounds like you will be visiting the alpes in the time honoured Aussie ski bum mode pretty soon. And if you can do that you will learn heaps. We will be asking you...!!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
haha u bet, just over 100 days until the season starts.
im not 'that' into tricks, i dont think ill ever visit the park..just i do wanna get some air time from natural ramps if you know what i mean..

JT, have you seen the new Bandit series? http://forums.epicski.com/showthread.php?t=23470&page=1&pp=30&highlight=Bandit from epicski, anyone know any more about them?
ski holidays
enoch,

No, not seen or heard about this before. It will interesting to find out what, if anything they have done..!!
Good spot.

In fact you could post a new thread to get everyones attention..!!
ski holidays
i've heard that the bandits do pretty ok in the park, can anyone support that?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy