Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Protectors for skis

Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone know if you can purchase tip protectors for skis? Puzzled I have new skis(first set) Very Happy but they don't have caps at front only on the back and its the front of the ski I need to protect!! Blush
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Why do you need to protect the front of your skis?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I understand it protects the ski from de-laminating, but you only usually see this on hire ski's due to there constant use and battering, i wouldnt worry about fitting them. If you do really want them protecting i suspect a shop in resort should be able to cap them.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
cathy, I catch the fronts when there is a drop down to gates for ski lifts!!Hav'nt worried too much before as they were hired, as they are my own I intend to look after them and thought this would be the answer. I know not all skis have tips and wondered why some do!! My daughter 'Avego' snowHead skis are same make and have them, more expensive of course rolling eyes could that be why!?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Liam, Thanks for your comments! Smile
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
supernannie, I've not heard of 'drop down gates', can you expand?? Any pics????
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
kitenski, I assume she means when the gates are down a slight dip and possibly clips the metal when you run down because its hard to control your speed on them? Either that or when tight together knocking the tips together? I've done that a couple of times but I wouldn't of thought with enough force to delaminate the ski? I think Liam has got it with them being capped due to the battering hire skis can expect to get.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Duct tape if you're really worried - otherwise scars are a badge of courage.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Oops...duplicated below

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Mon 19-10-09 16:02; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I'd advise drilling a hole (or even better several holes) through the tips and then bolting the top-bottom surfaces with 1/2" bolts.
Remember to use the right length or to hacksaw off the bolt end that protrudes through the nut, you dont want to spoil the aerodynamics after all
Remember to use stainless steel....you don't want rust issues in the future.
No more de-laminating to worry about, and a steezy Frankenstein look too!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
supernannie, skis really aren't that delicate (think about it; how could they be?). Stop obsessing.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
rungsp, Further advantage of your approach is that you've a built in anti tip vibration device - I'd bolt up though the skis leaves mor eof a thread then I could add additional nuts for greater vibration damping. Plus it would make a nice perch for passing songbirds.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Lizzard,You sound like my partner!! Not obsessing just he's got them and I havn't !!! anyway whats wrong with looking after things.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
supernannie, clearly you are attached to a very sensible man. You should listen closely to his advice. Laughing
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
kitenski, Anotherproblem answered your question,when there's a dip and I've come across quite a few!! Im sure I wont even think about my skis once the,re on and I hit the slopes.
snow report
supernannie, is there any chance that actually spells 'fuego'?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy