Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski boots for skiing with the little one

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
For the last 4 or 5 years I have boarded on all our ski trips but have a dilemna for this year. We are spending the season in France and canada and Mouth junior will be 3 and I want to be able to take him out and ski with him.

Last season I went to put on my ski boots which had not been worn for 4 years and had just sat in our cave. I could not get them on despite warming them up and stretching etc. I ended up hiring boots for the few times I went out with the little one and let dadddy do most of the work on drag lifts etc.

This season I do want to ski with him though but do not want to spend loads on ski boots which I will only wear when skiing with the little one.

So... do I look for a pair on ebay (second hand but hardly used please!)
Hire - this could be expensive
Just buy some new ones but very basic boots

Thoughts please
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Maybe someone won't agree with me, but when it comes to boots, skates, running and cycling shoes, etc. I don't even think on buying used ones. Used ones are "fitted" to someone elses foot, and since I really doubt there are 2 people on world with same foot, I rather skip this kind of deals... even if they look good on beginning.
So my suggestion is to go with new ones. They can be old model, but get unused ones.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I agree with primoz, I wouldn't go for second hand boots I'd much rather hire or buy new, would it be worth taking the old ones to a shop for someone to have a look at? I'm certainly no expert but maybe they could be recooked and refitted?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Mouth, have you tried the Snow & Rock outlet web site? You might be lucky, there a couple of bargain looking boots on there, then you can take them in to any S&R shop for cooking the liners FOC. NB before anyone flames me for this, I am absolutely not recommending them for boot fitting (there's only one bootfitter for me Little Angel ) but for what you are looking for, this might be a budget solution.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
sarah, That sounds great and had not tried that.

anotherproblem, Boots are in France so this is not really as option
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Given that your going to be (I'd assume) spending many days on them, I'd suggest getting a properly fitted pair.....they should last you many, many years of skiing with Mouth junior, so I'd say it'll be worth the initial investment....
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Mouth wrote:
Boots are in France so this is not really as option

Are they in Montalbert? SZK is in Cham so not too far away, maybe a couple of hours drive? Seems a pain, but well worth it in the long run.

If you do buy new, stick to the golden rule - NEVER buy online. How will you know that you won't have the same problem as with your existing boots?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy