Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Which ski for new ski instructor.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi can anyone give me some advice level 1 ski instructor off to Austria to do my hours with ski school for 2 weeks over New Year. Than if all goes well working for 2 weeks in February with same school. Thinking of buying a new set of ski’s for teaching which ski is best for all round teaching?
Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
thats excellent, nice that your not doing it on a dryslope or somewhere 'orrible, you should learn shed loads.

best bet, you will be helping with beginners/kids, so ask the shops if they have any old rental skis or mates second hand ones with less than 15m turn radius and quite short. Basically whatever you buy will get killed by kids and out of control, slightly drunk skiing menaces. Been there, almost killed guests, learned my lesson

Peace

Edit: (actual advice) i use 165 Rossignol Cobras, dont get all excited and buy big nice skis, you will be snowploughing all day and your legs will fall off
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Mine would be the same advice as dulcamara. Perhaps a more important question is what is a good ski for doing ski instructor exams on. When I'm teaching inexperienced skiers I prefer something short, soft and maybe with a bit of a twin tip as I ski backwards a fair amount. That's not a ski I would want to do any exam on.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
kevthekite, I usually teach on 'all mountain' twin tips and do most of my personal training on them too. However for Instructor exams something a bit more racy would do the trick.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the advice. Was just looking for what people think is a good versatile hard wearing ski. By the way can’t stand dry slopes and nearest snow dome is 2 hours round M25. So emailed ski schools Iknow in Austria and got an offer very excited to doing my hours in the mountains.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Cool, where abouts are you heading? and how's your german?

A good piece of advice would be to go for an ex-demo ski as they have harder bases and top sheets than the retail counterparts (just make sure they're not to well used). Then make sure the top sheet covers down to the edge not like the new school and race skis that just finish in a wall and can be ripped apart by a big fat lad domonstrating a perfect snowplough over your new sticks.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
kevthekite, Do you already have skis ? If you do, use them for teaching, and buy something new and flash to enjoy when you are free skiing.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy