Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Landgraaf

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The Independent's travel supplement featured an article about going for a break to SnowWorld Landgraaf in Holland. Has anyone gone over there for a weekend ? If so, would they recommend it ? The prices looked pretty good and 520m for an inddor slope is not half bad.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It's the biggest (read longest) indoor snow piste in the world and I live less than 5 miles from it. Smile OK, it's NOT the Alps, don't go thinking for one minute that it is, but it's nice to get out, get your gear on and have a bit of fun. There are two long pistes separated by the chairlift with a tow all the way up on the left hand side and a tow from the bottom of the terrain park and cabin about half way up. There is sometimes a slalom course set up and sometimes some bumps. There's also a small area set aside for absolute newbies and kids on tyres.

I tend to hang out in the terrain park before nipping in to the cabin for a hot toddy because realistically unless you've still got a lot to learn then you will get bored quite quickly. On the other hand if you're making a weekend of it - why not wait until the end of November and then you can visit the christmas market in Aachen (Germany) just 10 miles from Landgraaf? Or visit Maastricht - there's not really much in Landgraaf itself. You'd have to be pretty die-hard to spend 16 hours on the slopes there.

The hotel there isn't bad at all although obviously now you're looking at the wrong season for the cheap deals - however all their deals are good - they even do an xmas day package with the hotel. I'd be quite happy skiing, having a few bevvies and then staying in the hotel.

The rental equipment is awful, beyond awful and don't buy anything in the shop there because your wallet will cry. Pair of boots is for example 300 euros there, 200 euros 3 miles down the road at Decathlon. Look, touch and stroke the 800 euro ski jackets, but do not buy! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Great reply ! Thanks for the info.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Alexandra wrote:
The rental equipment is awful, beyond awful

this is true, the only good thing about it is trying to break it as quickly as you can.
Firing hockey stops at the restuarant windows never gets boring though, 16 hours is maybe not enough.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy