Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Calais Ferries

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone know whats going on ... fortunately this isn't going to afect me 'cos I'm flying ... but they'll be some snoheads in trouble??? Anyone got any info?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
According to the radio news: there are delays on ferries so check before you go, and no Day Trippers are being allowed.
My kids and ex-wife were delayed an hour or so yesterday.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thre seems to be a problem at Dover. Operation Stack is in place (turning the M20 into a car park), but Eurotunnel is not affected other than the additional traffic trying to use it. The first Saturday of half-term is not the best day to have cross-channel problems!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
What's more, there's 150 miles of jams on the main routes in the Rhone Alpes area, including 15 miles of tailbacks on the infamous RN90 up the Tarentaise.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
P&O and Sea France are not taking day trippers until mid next week. Trouble is being caused by damage to a berth in Calais which will take several weeks to repair. "too many ships, not enough parking spaces"
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Official line is day trippers are back on Tuesday. No Op stack at the moment but expect a delay crossing.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Calais has only two berths working at the moment, 8 and 5.
Berth 3 works for Sea France ships as they are smaller so this make 2 and a half, but the problem is not so much damage to berths as damage to lifting gear which in affect puts the berth out of action.
All P&O ships are nearly 30,000 tons so size is an issue. Expect a 3 hour delay at the moment but stack is NOT in operation.
Not yet know how long the berths will be like this as yet.

Guess with tunnel fires, security alerts, airport weather closures, who knows the best way to cross the channel. As last resort why not ring B&Q
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Good plan, not sure where you'd put the car though!!!

If anyone finds anything out please update!!! Meant to be going dover Calais in 3 weeks on a late night ferry, would be a disaster to sail 3 hours late on a midnight crossing!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Only Sea France and P&O affected, not Norfolk or Speedferries which use different ports.
No day trippers into Calais until further notice.

Avoid heavy FR8 periods so sunday would be best but stay away from Tuesday PM whatever but that applies in any circumstances because Tuesday is FR8 day in Dover
No stack invoked over the weekend

So apart from a few delays into Calais all seems ok.

I can't see you being affected in 3 weeks time, If you were going on saturday I would expect the schedules may be disrupted but you would get across.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Travelled home by coach from Chamonix via Calais 12/13 Feb. Jonpim, I'll see your wife's 1.5 hrs wait and raise you 5hrs.

Story we heard: Planned maintenance repairs had already shut 1 (maybe 2??) docks and/or (? not clear) Calais Chamber of Commerce decided to close a dock for whatever reasons the same day. A SeaFrance ferry then bashed into one of the remaining operating docks at Calais, this damage damaged the neighbouring operating dock. To add salt to the wound the M25 had on Friday gridlocked both directions, meaning many travelers arrived at Dover late for their booked sailing and backlogged the remaining operating sailings that weekend.

Conclusion: one very struggling ferry port, a lot of delayed mid-Channel sea traffic, and one (of many) overly extended journey from Mt Blanc to Southampton (24 hrs!!!)

Chris Angus, reportedly one Calais dock operating Sunday morning, 2 docks in operation by 10am when we arrived - don't worry, they're working hard on it and all docks will be fully operational by the time you travel. In any case, wot the 'ell are you doing travelling so late without backup travel/sleeping arrangements????!!! Shocked
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy