Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les 2 Alpes, Autumn interseason & winter 2009/10

Poster: A snowHead
Lovely day again, sunny and warm. A brisk breeze on the glacier this morning butnot much to worry anyone. I only had 2 layers on under my jacket! Shocked Shocked
Glacier snow great, below this level the snow was hard in the morning and very sludgy in the afternoon. Par for the course in these temps. Personally I'd rather have the sun and the temps. Very Happy

Pic of La Meije fromthe top of the Dome de la Lauze. comments fromt he kids when they saw the view for the first time "wow!" - that is 8 and 10, so it must be. Very Happy
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sure is a "wow" view Cool
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Lovely day again yesterday. Windier and cooler than the preceeding two. Very heavy slush low down at 17.45, but worth it. Snowing again today - I'd rather have the slush! Valentin nice but crowded at 11.40 in the morning (hard), l'Y good slush bumps late in the day. More in my blog (www.easiski.com/blog1)

pix of view to glacier from top of Lac Noir and slush on the Lutins at the end of the day
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Mostly a really good day, except that it snowed! Shocked 20cms or so of January powder on the Cretes. I heard it was much more higher up. The first class had great fun making their own tracks just on Cretes. Very Happy Mostly the visibility was OK until about 14.00 when heavy fog arrived and with it lots of snow. Shocked I mean to say - it's April!!!

Slight brightening around 17.00 and I was at that time skiing with a decent little skier from Hemel ski club, so braquage on the fresh on cretes followed by a really nice descent of the Grande Pente. Powder on top of soft spring snow andhardly any tracks. Couldn't see much, but who cares! Very Happy

Pic shows avalanche debris all over the bit we skied last week. To see a bigger pic go to www.easiski.com/blog1
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Monster snow overnight. Shocked Shocked Shocked Very Happy
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
easiski wrote:
lots of snow. Shocked I mean to say - it's April!!!

I'm sure you told us 3 weeks ago that the usual LDA weather pattern was for much more snow in April than in March. Looks like you were right - again!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
That's good to hear - my Xmas ski buddies are skiing there this week so glad they have lots of snow.... we can start planning Xmas this year when they get back snowHead
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Red Leon, Oh yes indeedy! Very Happy

katedenhaag, Cool

Staggering snowfall overnight AGAIN. At least 25cms in town and monster snow on the glacier. It wasn't as light as yesterday, so was hard going on the flat bits, but lots of fun for the students who'd never done anything like this before. Of course if it's up to my boot tops and over my knees skiing it's up to the knees and mid-thigh for small people! Laughing Laughing Laughing

I don't kill them - honest guv!

Oh yes, and we had a goodly bit of sun too. Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
easiski, that looks incredible. We just had a centimetre or so!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Amazing snow for April!!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
easiski, it looks incredible.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Sweet pics.

How has the season been overall for snow in LDA, easiski?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
easiski, Cool
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Whitegold, More than usual - wish it would stop now. A spot of spring would be nice. Very Happy

Tiny dusting overnight, the sun is out, and I'm off in a minute to ski with a good kid from Hemel. Very Happy
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
staggering bluebird day today. sunny, cool, and magnificent January snow on all the higher runs. January snow with April weather - doesn't get a lot better than this! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

The Echines was still very light powder in spite of being so tracked, and we didn't find anything except winter snow until we got down to about 2,3/400m at 14.00 Very Happy Everything was great except the Valentin which was icy with sugar and heavy sugar/slush mix and too many people.

Looking forward to tomorrow now! Very Happy

Pix show the tracks on the Echines and the still (although nearly done) work going on to the Muretouse lift
ski holidays
Great morning, sunny, cold with hard corduroy on the race piste in the village for the Fleche, and January snow on the glacier all day. It got cloudy in the afternoon and really very cold. Sad I think it's going to snow AGAIN! Shocked At 16.00 the soft spring snow began at about 2,500m on down. The bottom of the Valentin was disgusting - deffo Diable tomorrow! Shocked

Pix are view of the Ecrins from the top of the summer snow park and Marie in the powder on the famous 'snowheads Wall' (Jandri 4)
snow report
easiski looks like really nice conditions now.....Enjoy!!
latest report
AlTom, It's great to have such wonderful snow, but TBH I'd rather have spring! Another few cms last night, although the sun is out now. Very Happy
snow conditions
AGAIN! Shocked Sunny this morning and cold. Another 5cms or a bit more on the glacier - totally weightless, shame it wasn't 40cms!!! Went to La Grave almost by accident and it was lovely skiing down to the mid station there. Very nice tracked powder at the top, some moguls on the heavily tracked areas, crusty muck for the middle of the top part, and nice soft spring snow nearer the traverse. We got snow in the middle of the day and then sun again later.

On the LDA side it was very nice skiing down from the glacier. good snow all the way until the very bottom of the Valentin. Even the top part of it was nice and soft, but not slushy - good ILE practise on steeper slope. Very Happy

Excellent last day of work. I may telemark tomorrow while waiting for the last 'locateur' to arrive around midday. Very Happy

Pix show: glacier this morning; top of LG; and Rateau poking through the fog and snow early afternoon.
latest report
easiski, sounds like a good end to your working season. Hope you enjoy the next few days of what looks like more springlike weather. snowHead
latest report
pam w, thanks, I thought about going up onthe teles today, but then thought better of it! Nice morning, sunny and warm. Maybe tomorrow. I think I'll have to wait a bit longer before going back to the UK due to the volcanic ash rush on ferries etc!
ski holidays
Quote:

I thought about going up onthe teles today, but then thought better of it

Yes, I thought about the snowboard and then thought better of it. Did a good long uphill walk though - got Tony to drive me down into the valley and walked back up across the paths, shorter but much steeper than the road. Very nice indeed, though a bit hot. Met some friendly farmers and some beautiful chickens. snowHead
ski holidays
pam w, Very Happy Very Happy I just saw in the last peeps renting an apartment for the week, put Betty back in her garage and disconnected the battery and walked DOWN via the shop to get home. Very Happy Very Happy Lizzard has just been down for a cup of tea and is now off to see how Mr Lizzard has done in the 'Derby' down the mountain. Very Happy
ski holidays
Hah. He appears to have broken an ankle, thanks to one of the organisers, who wandered out into the middle of the piste at the finish line to retrieve a dropped ski.

Thank you so very bloody much. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
ski holidays
Lizzard, Shocked Shocked Sad that's miserable.
latest report
Lizzard, Oh no! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad It's really not his season is it? I'll phone later to see how things are going.

Lovely sunny day today, have lots to do including going to Grenoble for various reasons, among which is collecting R32s parents who have been stuck in Spain ... they're going to collect Betty and drive back from here. Shocked If I have time I'll do a little bit of telemarking later. Very Happy
ski holidays
Lizzard, Sad
snow report
easiski, You don't have to collect them from Grenoble now! Originally they were planning to get a bus to Perpignan and then the train to Grenoble, but the first bus is not until 11:30am and they can't confirm a train seat until they reach the train station in Perpignan (this afternoon) rolling eyes . They have managed to keep the hire car for a few extra days, so will drive up to LDA to collect Betty but unfortunately it means that they have to deliver the hire car back to the Spanish border (with Betty)!
Will keep you posted!!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
on the plus side......it does mean we get someone to drive Betty back to the UK for her MOT!!
snow conditions
R32, Very Happy
snow report
Just leaving Grenoble now and on their way up to LDA! They tried to off load hire car at grenoble train station, but no joy, company happy to take car, but couldn't confirm with their branch in Spain if it was ok to do so! At least they have somewhere to stay tonight though!!
ski holidays
easiski, As your winter season comes to a close just wanted to say it was lovely to meet up with you again, all be it briefly in January Very Happy
I like many others have enjoyed your regular pics and weather updates in the thread.
Have a safe journey home, a relaxing summer and I hope to see you next season.
ski holidays
Lizzard, crikey - that's a real blow... pass on regards from me - spoke to him a bit week before last seemd to be getting on so well on the two planks!
ski holidays
snowhouse, MRI scan tomorrow, may reveal that it is a sprain rather than a broken bone. We hope.
latest report
Great reports by all again this season, thanks guys.

Lizzard, hope Mr Lizzard is ok, was he was on skis or a board ?
snow conditions
rayscoops, boarding.
snow report
The snow was very nice on the Gentiannes at lunchtime, and I was one of about 3 people on the slope. Very Happy clearly got mucky later, but rumour has it that it was nice at altitude. Now ... do I have time to go up???
latest report
easiski, Thank you so much for all your help Very Happy Very Happy especially getting you out of bed this morning Embarassed . Spanish hire car left at Grenoble station...he was actually really pleased to take it and didn't mention any extra charges! They are now at Bourg-en-Bresse (Chicken Stop), hotel booked in Calais and Eurotunnel first thing in the morning. Fingers crossed everything goes to plan! Parents said it was a shame they couldn't have stopped in LDA longer as the weather was so nice rolling eyes
snow conditions
R32, No trouble.

I can report today that the pistes in grenoble were in good condition, but busy. However the tarmac didn't get slushy at the end of the day which is a blessing! Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
They are now on Eurotunnel, an hour delay and quite busy but no other problems.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy