Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Three Valleys 2009/2010

Poster: A snowHead
nozawaonsen, would that be cloud or ash?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
This time we went to the Three Valleys today and skied around the Val Thorens/Orelle areas.

Started off very early, at least for me at 8.15am and by the time the whole group was together we hit the slopes at 9.45am. Headed straight up to the Col de Rosael and off the back down mixed snow off piste to the bottom of the Peyron lift taking great care as we passed through the cliffs.

Up to the Glacier du Bouchet and a long descent off piste in good powder at the top and mixed snow lower down by the easier route on the glacier valley to the bottom of the Peyron lift again. As the snow was so good, went up once more and this time came down the steeper Couloir Guyon in fresh snow at times up to our boots by the easier entrance. Two great descents and hard to match at this time of year. A real find in April conditions.

A quick lunch then up the new Rosael chair and down the off piste to the bottom of the Cime Caron lift from the ridge. More good snow although well tracked in most places. Back at the top of the ridge, down the long Lac du Lou route with good snow at the top and changing slowly into almost breakable crust and then slushy conditions on the way to the lac and the chair lift below.

Finally up the Moutiere and Plateau lifts and off piste back into Val Thorens for a quick play on the new moving floor tunnel lift and then home. This winter just seems to go on and on. More great snow today and good company.

If you want to read more or see our pics join my facebook page.

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/snowcrazy.chris?ref=profile
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Good conditions continue in the 3 Valleys, what was great today was standing on a peak out the back of Courchevel in complete silence - no airplanes, no vapour trails, no noise.... woohoo....

Skied North couloir on the Roche Nue in perfect powder, with good spring snow back down into Les Avals... season over??? - It's only just starting... Very Happy

ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
the pistes above mottaret were very good with some chalky snow still to be found in places off cote brune. mouflon was deserted and was in great condition. les menuire side was soft but still grippy in most places, most side of the piste stuff was a bit claggy and hard underfoot. some nice soft snow to finish the afternoon and ust getting a wee bit slushy coming in at around 3pm.

very quiet with the birds chirping to keep me and mrsskimottaret company. mount vallon and Vt tomorrow me thinks....
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Mt Vallon and ValTo for me tomorrow. Skied Courch today, extremely quiet, snow lovely. Snowed for about an hour this afternoon, down to about 1500m. Sunshine forecast tomorrow.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Patch, Sunshine was forecast for today too... wasn't quite that way in practise... still, an interesting exercise in route-finding in the mist...

Top of Valdez (Mottaret):

Top of Borgne couloir:

The only time the sun was out today was when I had retreated to the Chrismaran in Mottaret for an Americain. Cloud, snow, wind, even a rumble of thunder at one point... shame, as the snow was pretty good in places. Oh yes, and I drove back through a hail storm... so much for the blue skies & sunshine forecast!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
yup had it all today, light snow to start, went up to VT and was hammering down, very soft in VT centre but had a great warm up run on piste off the pectlet funitel, the thunder unnerved Mrs Skimottaret a bit but we had a quick break and had some fab heavy fresh snow off moraine chair, a quick break and as we got up to the top of col the weather broke completely clear for about an hour and had stunning 4-8inches of fresh off the top of the col chair and then back under the moraine llift. closed in very heavy and had driving hard graupel on the 3 valleys 2 chair over back to mottaret, the run home was heavy but not claggy but below about 1900 got slushy.

if it stays cold will be a great last week.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
offpisteskiing, It's been a terrible season for the forecasters - they seem to have got it wrong more often than not Smile

skimottaret, I have a feeling it's going to be quite warm tomorrow, but I think it'll be a great final week anyway - I don't think I've ever seen it so quiet Very Happy
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Meribel valley is now a complete slushfest, with 2 days remaining of the season. ValTo still has some excellent skiing, with this Wednesday and Thursday being an outstanding couple of days. Skied with Admin and Oliver on Wednesday, and Steph yesterday from some of the higher lifts in VT, and found some very good skiing, although snow is changing enormously with altitude and aspect. Weather closed in today, while temperatures remained high.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Patch, sounds good. Perfect conditions for the face ouest!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Got the first run down Combe de Saulire this morning with Patch and the snow was as good as it gets in spring. Beautiful blue sky, had my first beer at 10h00 as it was getting warm Laughing Same again tomorrow with Mt Vallon thrown in and then ValTho next week.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Bright, sunny morning on the last day of the Meribel and Courchevel season .....
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Well, not quite 3 Valleys, but a mere stones' throw away...

15 May 2010:

Plan Fournier, 1700m:

Proper wintery conditions:

Will fly-fishing in the clouds:

Up to thigh deep powder below the west face of the Grand Bec! No pics due to visibility though...
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Snow last night down to abourt 2500m. Fresh snow on the Saulire and Mt Vallon, and a lot on the Grand Bec. Temperatures have dropped from 36 a week ago, to about 15 today.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Patch, it's certainly got chilly where I live in the UK so if this carries on for the rest of August and September before the Autumn comes maybe that might translate to a good season start in the Alps. Here's hoping, I'm off to Courchevel on 8th Jan.
latest report
View from the Val Thorens 360º webcam as of the morning of the 15th August 2010:

http://i36.tinypic.com/igafso.jpg
latest report
paradigital, bit of a dusting of snow there then.
snow report
More snow last night, the Saulire has a fair covering ... enough to build snowmen
latest report
Time for an 10/11 Season thread and close this one down?????
snow conditions
Patch, wow. kitenski, yes that would be good.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy