Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Three Valleys 2009/2010

Poster: A snowHead
just back in after an excellent day. no rain (or snow), good vis most fo the day with some cloud about 2700. runs soft but delightful for it, no hardpack or ice to be found. stayed high to get the best snow as temps were very mild, +2/-2 higher up. all the runs of fthe Grand Fond were in good shape, also those off Boismint.

Don't know what meribel is like but being 1000m lower suspect it's VERY soft. going over to Courchevel tomorrow. forecast is for sun so plan a gentle days cruisin Very Happy
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Axsman, have a bash at Campagnol of Mont Vallon. See how far you can fly off the last riser Twisted Evil

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Mon 22-03-10 16:59; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Frosty the Snowman, Is that the scene of your mega wipe out? Still waiting to see the (aftermath) pix. In fact think you owe it to all of us that weren't there to repeat it for the cameras. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Frosty the Snowman, as a matter of interest, was any of Mont Vallon slushy on Friday? I would have thought not, given that most of the blue which leads down from the Menuires/Meribel ridge to the Olympic chair was OK and it faces the same way as the Mont Vallon reds - even though, from the top of that chair, the whole of Face was horrible. In other words, Axsman, if you pick your slopes carefully, there could be some decent skiing in the Meribel Valley, even in the warmth, so long as the slope faces a bit away from the sun. We found on Friday, and it was a really hot day, the slopes around Courchevel 1650 were fine, especially around Chapelets and Pyramide. I believe Frosty the Snowman went to La Tania after he'd sorted out the carnage on Mont Vallon, don't know what the conditions there were like.

All of that said, there has of course been rain since Friday, guess that must have changed lots of things. Sad

And I too am dying to see photos! I hope John is not too incapacitated - please send my condolences.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hurtle, we'll give it a go tomorrow and report back snowHead

Just back from an evening at la paillotte. pizza's and steaks were delicious, conditions best on the upper floors Very Happy

Was snowing down to resort level this eveing, not a lot but maybe enough to refresh things a bit for tomorrow.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Axsman,
Quote:

Was snowing down to resort level this eveing, not a lot but maybe enough to refresh things a bit for tomorrow.

Good news! The pisteurs are so brilliant at rearranging the snowflakes in the 3V, I'm sure it will be fine. Fingers crossed for you. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Scorching day today, blue skies and HOT. Pistes were a bit firm first thing this morning but it made a nice change. We rode over to courchevel as planned and found creux to be in great conditiion. As the day wore on everything softened up a lot. By lunchtime 1850 was getting quite slushy,

Spent a very warm lunchtime hour at Verdons, nursing a couple of beers and listening to live music in the sun. The route home finished on Pluviometre which was very heavy on tired legs. There had clearly been an avalanche right by the piste too. from the looks of it it had encroached on the piste.

a couple of pix to follow. Very Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Having trouble posting pix to snowmediazone from my netbook - probably a PICNIC error Embarassed

Anyhow, another bright day today but much colder. went out in just a base layer and shell and nearly froze my dangly bits off on Moraine. Pistes still holding up well, had a cruisy blue day on Genepi, Moraine, Fond, Niverolle etc. all in good shape, but the wind was a mutha. knocked off early for a boozy lunch and lazy afternoon.

now sipping grand marnier on the balcony and watching people being for more energetic than I. Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Axsman, looks like snow on way as well, so it might all hold together for me arriving on 3rd
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
chrisb, yes looking good for a dump this wekend, and cooler temps so you could be lucky!

The piste maintenance here really deserves a mention. Came down a couple of blues yesterday afternoon that were mogulled mush. This morning they were in great shape. Well done to the noble pisteurs of Val T Very Happy
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
chrisb, Hope so, we will be there too Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Still a lot of wet-snow slides. A snowboarder was taken by an avalanche above Mottaret yesterday

http://www.merinet.com/whats_new_article.php?id_whats_new=6971&id_back=1
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Patch, Very sad. Shocked He probably thought he'd be safe, so close to the piste.....despite the high warning level.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
anarchicsaltire wrote:
chrisb, Hope so, we will be there too Toofy Grin

Us too, now watching the thread closely as I try to work out my packing, same time last year it was absolutely baking hot! Please keep posting everyone snowHead
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
sarah, looks as though there will be a few snowheads out there started 3rd april
snow report
Keep up the great info; we`ll be there on the 3rd. V. excited. Where should a family of newbies head on our 1 st visit to Les Menuires on our 1st day, on blues ?
snow report
turned cold and very windy yesterday. not good for skiing as many of the VT lifts closed.

Woke up this mornig to heavy snow and wind, more supposed to be on the way so should be good for those arriving this weekend. might manage a play in the fresh stuff later today, if visibility improves snowHead

cstreat, plenty of blues in les menuires, try the runs of Roc des 3 marches. If you want a long run go up to RD3M2 which gives you grand lac, pelozet and biolley all the way down to St Martin. pelozet in particular is great. you can ride back upSt Martin 1 and 2 and get back via gros tougne, and the green la violette.

Smile
snow report
We also arrive 3rd april for a week in Val T hoping for a little dusting before we arrive
snow report
It's more dumping than dusting outside my window at the moment snowHead
snow report
A picture is worth a thousand words snowHead
ski holidays
Axsman, fantastic, thanks for that snowHead
snow report
Axsman, are there still a lot of higher lifts closed? It's pretty windy all round, it seems.
snow report
Axsman wrote:
It's more dumping than dusting outside my window at the moment snowHead
Strange...I thought you would have had an en-suite wink
snow report
Frosty the Snowman, rolling eyes Laughing

pam w, All but a couple open this afternoon. The huge dump (at least 20 cm, maybe 30) stopped around 2.00, and the sun came out Very Happy

Blue sky powder afternoon! wooha!

we all went out to play and had the best afternoon of the week., hardly anyone else on the pistes for the first hour or so, and difficult to tell what was piste and what was off-piste. snow conditions superb.

Anyone arriving tomorrow has timed it perfectly, but today made a great end to our week, which although we had everything from boiling heat, through rain, to bitter cold and gales, has been fantastic overall. snowHead
snow report
Axsette one in the on-piste powder Very Happy
ski holidays
Axsman, wow, that's more like it! Glad you had a good last day, have a safe journey back.
snow conditions
Hurtle, Hurtle, Thanks snowHead
snow conditions
Axsman, you have done a great job of whetting my appetite for when I get there in a week's time. Many thanks!

Anyone out there next week to continue the updates? snowHead
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Just on our way down to tunnel. Should be at Chaudanne by 7.30 tomorrow. Will keep you informed. Some of the webcams looked very wet today.
snow conditions
Axsman, thanks for the les men info, may your skis forever float on powder !! Very Happy
snow report
cstreat, Very Happy

Load more dumpage last night, and sunny this morning. shame it's our leaving day so we are packing rather than skiing Sad

Good luck to all those arriving this week. Looks like there'll be plenty of white stuff to play in. snowHead
latest report
Has been snowing down to below 1200 metres for the last 5 to 6 hours here in the Belleville valley!
ski holidays
About 25cm of fresh this AM in Val Thorens. Lots of cannon going off all around. Will post more later.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Sun 28-03-10 11:48; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
fantasic, ringingmaster, Villz, keep up the info. O nly 6 days to go !!
latest report
Conditions excellent all around. Light rather flat. Supposed to be clear tomorrow. Still snowing.
snow report
Had a great day today, but the light has ranged from very flat to fog, with the exception of an hour when the sun poked through before lunch. The fresh depth was about 35cm in the end, and the pistes started out as perfect powder on top of grooming. They quickly became gret mounds of soft moguls, and by the end of the day had settled to flat packed fresh 'squeaky' snow. It has been warmish, with our digital thermometer on the balcony of the chalet registering 5 deg at 4pm, at 2450 Meters. Tomorrow should bring blue skis, so an epic day in store. I just hope the warmer temps that come with it do not damage the snow too much, but another dump expected on Tuesday. Hay ho.
snow conditions
cstreat, i am not the onlt one counting then
snow conditions
chrisb, Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
ringingmaster, thank you snowHead
latest report
High cloud. Bit more definition. -1 deg at 2450 @ 2450 meters.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy