Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Is This Ski Racism?

Poster: A snowHead
Pretty sure the first pic in the first link is Shane McConkey...
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
DaveC, oh dear, the Photoshop'ing of a bottle of booze in the left hand not going to impress then!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
DaveC, it is - the JD and big yellow saucer kind of gives it away. It is also in the link below.

http://www.theadventurelife.org/2009/04/the-shane-mcconkey-links-page/

Pretty low associating him with this kind of drivel. I'm guessing also that someone else - very likely MSP - owns the image.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Bode Swiller, No photoshopping involved - JD is a fundamental part of the Saucerboy character.

I was going the point that out originally as simply lazy subbing but as the author comes across as a spoilt little something with an unhealthy interest in sauna etiquette then I'm not sure it was written with a Pullitzer Prize in mind.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I am surprised we have not had a relative or teenage acolyte posting yet to tell us how misunderstood the author is, and how we are not worthy to criticise eminient ski journalists... wink
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I would like to complain about the Scottish.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
thebrownslug, what about us?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
just general ski racism
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'm not keen on Downhill.

I much prefer Slalom or GS.

Is this ski racism?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I am Outraged that they would use Saucer Boy when belting drunk Russians!! Didnt even read the article I was so angry! I would use him to mock the ESF or those few tools who bought 50,000 Euro skis or skis balancing wood from different hemispheres!! wink

Photoshop... how dare you.. that's all JD baby (or at least ginger beer in a JD bottle)

maggi, N'ah not racism that's fear and i'm on your team.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
maggi, surely that's ski race-ism.

And what about fat skiers - they take up too much room, displace too much snow when they turn (but at least are soft to land on which is important because they can't get out of the way). And we shouldn't ignore that other vile ethnic group. You know, those who sit lined-up in the middle of the piste (just over the crest) with their funny baggy gear and tongue studs... and their boards. I quite like the way the Iranians do skiing with segregated male and female pistes and, of course, no gays. People who wear Fat Face gear in the evenings... I hate them too. People who say they are "stoked" need shooting on sight and why not line up low-cost airline freaks who still complain about extras. We're all different eh?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
maggi, Laughing
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
i just learned a whole load of stuff i never knew about sauna etiquette

otherwise that article was risible. it would have come across as a terrible piece of writing if someone had posted it in the Apres zone on here
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
That's an awful article - was it written by the Daily Mail?
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Well, I e-mailed this chap and told him I wasn't impressed with his verbiage, and I also got a reply. Here's my e-mail:

"That has to be one of the most ridiculous pieces of tosh I’ve had the misfortune to read in a long time. A few of my ‘encounters with the easterners’:

- couple from Moscow buying lift tickets, thanked me for speaking English (more than any of my British customers ever do)
- two Russian blokes speaking neither French nor English, fits of laughter all round as we tried to mime the concept of ‘insurance’ to them
- man with son of about 10, boy speaking perfect French, very polite and full of please and thank-you
- jolly chap in silly hat, also grateful for information in English

This sort of rubbish is all very well if it’s witty and tongue in cheek, but your piece was merely the rather turgid rant of a grumpy bigot. Given the behaviour of a substantial number of Brits in resort, you might wish to attend to the beam in your own eye before getting all snotty about the mote in your neighbour’s."

And here is his reply:

"Thanks for this and we will surprise u by printing this. Can we have an address pse.? And u are right about one thing - it should have been more tongue in cheek, but it was given to a very serious reporter todo."

Literate, hey? What sort of serious journalist replies to his e-mails in text-speak? I won't start on the rather pathetic excuse.
snow conditions
"turgid rant of a grumpy bigot" love it!
ski holidays
firebug, or "rancid turd of grumpy bigot" ?

Lizzard, nice one!
snow report
At least he's printing it. It's about all we could expect. A grovelling apology was never likely!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy