Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Grand Massif (Morillon, Samoens, Les Carroz, Sixt & Flaine) 2009/10 Season Thread

Poster: A snowHead
Just a topic for;
> everyone to say when they're coming out.
> where they're staying.
> look for good deals on ski hire, lift passes and transfers
> ask any questions about the region.
> Snow/conditions update

It would be good to organise some "Snowhead ski days".

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Tue 15-12-09 18:41; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
marcellus, we're in Flaine end of season 3 April Very Happy Maybe too early to organise but would love to meet up with snowHead 's.

One thing would like to find out more about (well two things really) is dog-sledding and ice quad bikes. Our youngest will have his Birthday there again, and would like to do something different as a treat. I did try a couple of years ago to contact the dog people but absolutely no success via email or phone.
Has anyone done either of these activities?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi Lou - not done any of these activities myself but they are available in Flaine and I have had clients do them as really raved about them.

At the moment the resort(s)) are absolutely dead as it's the calm before the storm, 1st snow was this morning which always creates a bit of a buzz even though we know it won't last so I'm not surprised that you've not got any response.

One other suggestion, not sure how old your youngest is but a frequent thing done by clients wanting something difference is "dinner in a tipi"..........
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
marcellus, Unfortunately not out until April 10th, -Couldn't face half term week with everyone off at the same time again. At least the kids passes will be free! We are based in Samoens so looking forward to the new lift- we'll probably need it.If you haven't got clients to take care of a few runs would be good - the kids have skied just about everything bar the gers bowl. Cool
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
marcellus, Am in Flaine from March 27th for 1 week. Staying in apartment Sirius in Flaine Foret. Cant wait, and happy to ski with any other Snowheads that week. Preferably red and black runs.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
marcellus, no sorry wasn't clear, haven't tried to contact them this time yet Very Happy Thought would do Nov?

What age is the tipi thing aimed at? He will be 11. He has mentioned the ice quads and there is also mention/pic of snow mobiles in the dark which I will look into.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
so the diary so far;
marcellus - Morillon - all season
Drluvski - Flaine - 27th March
Lou - Flaine - 3rd April
steve - Flaine - 10th April
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Lou - I can understand the attraction of snow mobiles they are superb fun!!

(the Tipi is aimed for 10 plus really..... 20minute raquet walk, build the fire, traditional cheese fondue on open fire, toasted marshmallows, 10 minute torch lit raquets back...
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Lou, Will you be skiing on Sat 10th or are you going back that day? We normally arrive by 11 o' clock to get an extra days skiing in.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
steve, Sadly will be kicked out of Flaine that day but heading to Les Gets for a few days afterwards so won't be too hysterical at that point Very Happy

Will see nearer the time, but could be tempted to leave later and forego non-skiing day...

Flaine on a Saturday = brill Very Happy We did a Saturday day trip from LG last year and it was lovely and quiet.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
marcellus, tipi sounds great, who organises that and where is it from?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I'm in Flaine 2nd Jan for a week. Would be good for a snowHead day
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Libertine, Did you buy any tickets for tonights Lottery Draw
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
of course Very Happy
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I'm out in Samoens for the season. Not too long to go now and i noticed the first dusting of snow of the webcams this morning Smile
latest report
I'll be back in Samoens for the second week of March. Kids will be going to ski school for the first time and I'm just trying to decide who to use. snowHead
snow report
Skimummy, http://www.ecoledeski360.com/niveauxsamoensgb.html

The Les Gets guys taught us all, no problems, and still use for refreshers.
latest report
Lou, Snowshoeing and dinner in a teepee - La Vache qui Ride, Tél : 06 85 02 37 00. Speak to Martial.
snow conditions
marcellus, thanks for that snowHead
ski holidays
I'll be out from 24 Dec 09 - 1 Jan 10, 23 - 25 Jan 10 and 6 - 14 Mar 10. First and last trips there'll be 6 of us, middle long weekend just myself and Mrsmfj197. Staying in Verchaix, close to the VuAirNeige and the church. Cannot wait to be out there again!
snow report
so the diary so far;
paulmclean85 - Samoens - all season

mfj197 - Verchaix - 24th December to 1st January

Libterine - Flaine - 10th January
mfj197 - Verchaix - 23rd to 25th January

mfj197 - Verchaix - 6th to 14th March
skimummy - Samoens - 14th March
Lou - Flaine - 3rd April

steve - Samoens - 10th April

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Mon 19-10-09 15:54; edited 1 time in total
latest report
we are in Les Carroz w/c 7th March staying in Les Ruche with 360 sun & ski - two families of four. mixed abilities - would be great to meet up with fellow snowheads for drinks/riding/other children for our toddlers to play with etc

Good season to all! snowHead
snow report
marcellus, Not that it matters much but we are based in Samoens not Flaine. We may have to do most of our skiing over at Flaine anyway- save us some snow!
latest report
steve, there might not be any left on Faust as we do love that one Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Lou, we did a 2 or 3 hour (can't really remember how long exactly, but all afternoon) dog sledding trip which started/finished on the rim bythe army base.
100% excellent.
You got to drive your own sled all the time if that was what you wanted (we did).

It was a while ago so it may have changed.
No idea about contact details....sorry.
snow conditions
rungsp, thanks, sounds great and something we would all enjoy. When you say drive your own sled, do you mean on your own? Shocked I'm used to big strong dogs but... Very Happy
ski holidays
I'll be in Flaine from 26 December to 2 January. Have also got cheap flights booked for the opening weekend 12 December, arriving Friday, leaving Monday evening - will only go if the snow is half decent. Will definitely be there again later in the season.
snow report
paulmclean85,

Are you working in Samoens for the season? What you doing?

FS

Cool
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
so the diary so far;

Chris Mason - Flaine - 26th December to 2nd January

lib-banana - Les Carroz - 7th to 15th March
skimummy - Samoens - 14th March
Lou - Flaine - 3rd April

snow report
10th April week at Le Totem
snow report
Marcellus - Planning to be out for day 1 - 12th of December. Not for the whole season unfortunately.....
snow report
I am sure i will be out several times, going to wait for the pow to start falling and go when conditions are good. Cool
latest report
marcellus, keep up the diary, hopefully you can arrange some ski meets nearer the time.

Good thread.
snow report
marcellus,

I'm in Samoens 7th to 14th March (got my 2010 diary and finally worked out which week I had booked!) Blush
snow report
marcellus, We're the early birds, 17th-26th Dec in P&V. Is that a little bit of snow I see on the webcam? Very Happy
latest report
so the diary so far;
norris - Les Carroz?? - on and off

danjunk - Flaine - 12th December
gsb - Flaine - 17th to 26th December
Chris Mason - Flaine - 26th December to 2nd January

lib-banana - Les Carroz - 7th to 15th March
skimummy - Samoens - 7th March
Lou - Flaine - 3rd April

bryanbolton - ??Le Totem?? - 10th April

Hope this is all working for everyone, my thinking is that I'll plan a loose rendezvous for a specific day and publish it a week before and then pm everyone my mobile number for last minute changes.

All done on the complete understanding that;
YOU ARE SKIING ON YOUR OWN WHICH SO HAPPENS TO BE IN THE SAME GENERAL DIRECTION AS ME....

I am not qualified or insured or anything but just enjoy skiing with people!!

(GSB yes snow has come to the peaks which about on schedule)
ski holidays
marcellus, I like the disclaimer, lol.
snow report
Libertine, it's the one I always use... sometimes my skis are even in the same vehicle at the same time as other peoples!!!
snow report
Les Carroz - All season
ski holidays
Sometimes my skis are in different directions to each other, never mind other peoples' ... Confused
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy