Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snowrental opinions

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just back from Flaine after a wonderful first driving trip with a young family. Everything, including weather and snow, was perfect, with the exception of my hire skis, booked through Snowrental.

I have used them before and been very happy but found that this time, having paid for advanced skis up front, on arrival at the shop, they had only ONE pair of skis in that category. Definitely not my choice (I wanted Screams or Bandits) but, by sheer luck, the one pair of Rossi Cobras were old but quite ok.

Having paid for top drawer skis, I think that this is v poor but could do nothing about it as I had paid already and my pleas for a refund earned a classic gallic shrug. Do Snowheads think this should be acceptable or was I just very unlucky?

The point to all this is that I'm off to Zermatt next week Toofy Grin and am stalling over using Snowrental again, although the discount is 23%. I recognise that its all down to the local shop in the end, so can anyone endorse the Matterhorn Sport Neudorf shop, which is nearest my accommodation? If not whats the biggest/best in town for pommies to get good service?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
sproggski, I have never worried about Hire Shop service. I always go for the most convenient, or best looking, or shortest queue (most queues are hordes of TO punters picking up their pre-paid skis, and as you have found out these shops don't need to bother). I'm sure the shop you mention will be OK, but if they are unfriendly or don't have what you want, go to the next place. There are lots of others.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I am guessing that the skiing market is much bigger in Zermatt than Flaine, so most likely they'd have alot more skiis to chose from and wouldn't be running out? But in the end you never know - it's probably best not to pay before-hand, and rent the skis you want once you get to Zermatt.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I think renting snow is a good way of ensuring some skiing snowHead
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
sproggski, I don't know about the shop in question, but if you rent through a UK company, don't forget that the discount you get means the shop earns less. Therefore they will naturally be less helpful if there are any problems - why should they do more for less? Shocked
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Aren't snowrental just a franchise operation anyway? I'd not think you can draw much conclusion from what one store does. Anyway, Zermatt's in Switzerland so the service will be excellent nearly anywhere.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
If you book through SnowRental and you dont get the quality of equipment you ordered when you get to resort, you can get a refund if you dont use the equipment. Check out the full tnc's on the site but simply put dont take up the booking, get your equipment from a shop that can provide what you require and send SnowRental an email when you get back and your booking will normally be refunded. The shop wont be able to refund you in resort, but SnowRental can.

The service and quality of equipment in each shop is monitored. We send out an email asking for feedback from each customer after their holiday so if a shop consistently underperforms we do notice it and do something about it. In a lot of cases the site will show a summary of this feedback to give an idea of what others have thought about a shop.

As for getting less because you are paying less, this shouldnt be the case (and any shop thinking in this way will be removed as soon as we notice it). The shop offers a discount for getting a large volume of prepaid bookings coming to the shop. They are not obiliged to, and do so because it makes good business sense for them too.

SnowRental is run by avid skiers and we appreciate the need to get good equipment and a good price. If you have any comments or questions we would be delighted to hear the opinions (http://www.snowrental.net/rent-skis.asp?sr_view=contact) of SnowHead users.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Welcome to snowHeads, SR1 snowHead
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I've not used snowrental, but have booked through both SkiSet and Twinner websites, and had excellent equipment. WElcome to SnowHeads SR1 !!!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
What we are aiming for with SnowRental is to create a network that is not linked to one brand but to include the best shops that understand the need to give good service, prices, and equipment. There are many excellent shops out there and we try to make sure those are the ones that SnowRental works with.

I would be very interested to hear what sites anyone has used to book equipment via the internet and what their experiences were. What was good, was what not so good, what you think needs improving, what needs adding. (SnowRental and other sites). [Moderator - is there already a general "online ski hire" thread? Can we start one if not?]
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
SR1, just searched for one, and there doesn't seem to be. But as you have a commercial interest in this, a PM (private message) to admin would be a good idea first.
(Just click on Members on the drop down menu below the mountain scene at the top . )
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
sproggski,

I would agree with Jonpim. I just turnh up in the nearest most likely shop and look for the skis I want. If they don't have them or aren't very interested I go to one that is more so. I know what I want but am willing to take advice and I found out about Stockli's this way. If the ski doesn't suit me I change it. I agree this may not be the cheapest way but it is a method that works for me.
In Zermatt you will have lots of choice and it should be easy to find B2's or whatever.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy