Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Planning trip to Saalbach

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

We're planning a trip to Saalbach-Hinterglemm in January (around 14th) and since we haven't been to Austria before have a few questions. We are going DIY and like most folks this year money is tight so hoping to save some cash. We are trying to figure out first easiest way to get there from Munich airport - train seems to be a good option (checked out obb.at and one-way prices start at €19 one-way which seems cheap but not too sure since site reverts to Germain at that point) so first question is has anyone got any advice on the transfer from munich - is train the best option and roughly is the journey around 4 hours? Also is there an overnight return trip since our return flight is out of munich at 10:45am? Also do you know of any other sites where we could book the train/bus which are fully in english?

We are looking at some apartments (sleeping 6) but haven't found very many so does anyone have any contact info for any apartments in saalbach-hinterglemm region? (pretty central if possible).

I've read previous posts on this forum about lift pass prices so I assume what is on the main S-H site is the best price I can expect to find for a 6-day lift pass?

Sorry for many questions but all in the hope of saving some money Wink

Thanks a mil
Emma
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We're heading out to Saalbach pre-xmas, and have arranged a taxi for 5 (inc skis) with >Taxi Rainer< for 140eu each way from Salzburg.

You could contact Sabine at info@taxirainer.at for a quote (in English) from Munich

Lift prices (are you sitting down Mad ) are at http://www.saalbach.com/Prices.1025.0.html?&L=1
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
emamcl, Try www.bahn.de I think you can do it all in English there.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
geoffers, I know the lift prices are brutal esp with sterling rate the way it is, makes it difficult to organize a cheap trip but it will all be worth it Smile

skid & slide, thanks for the link - just checked it out and looks like a better site to arrange the tickets from.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
emamcl, geoffers, For transfers for up to 8 people for 99 euros for the vehicle, see www.transferservice.at
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

contact info for any apartments in saalbach

emamcl, PM me your e-mail if you would like me to send you any info
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy