Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

another question - pas de la casa january 2010

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
couldnt find it in the trip reports etc, and was wondering if anyone has visted recently?

i will be going on a cheap (surprisingly so, which worries me a bit) trip, with 2 complete beginners, an intermediate, and a reasonably good skier (myself). we are all in our 20s so the party town nature of pas should be fine with us, as long as i can get some sleep!

ive skied there a couple of times, but it was long ago, and wasnt a beginner, so im a bit concerned about the 2 novices having to trek miles to the beginner slopes (on a bus, is that right?) also, are the schools good?

as well as that, is there anything exciting and varied and interesting to ski? i have looked at the piste map and it looks fine, just a lot of reviews dont seem to rate it much, for the exposed slopes, lack of trees etc

just looking for a recent visitors views
thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi t-h
The main beginner zone is at the top of the main street, about 10mins uphill stroll from the centre of Pas de la Casa town; no bus needed (nor available!). There's also a smaller new beginners' slope on French territory right next to the town, so they might be taken there too.
Where are you staying? I know most of the hotels & apartments in Pas, so should be able to tell you exactly how far you'll be from the slopes.
You're right about the exposed slopes, the area is a bit open & bland around Pas de la Casa, but the linked slopes over at Grau Roig (especially the Montmalus area) are more varied, and the Soldeu-El Tarter sectors have a decent selection of good reds & a couple of blacks on the forested lower slopes.
One thing worth having a go at is the free Cat-ski operation which runs at the top of the El Tarter sector (weekends only), serving the off-piste side of the big bowl above Riba Escorxada.
Enjoy!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy