Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The perils of organising a group ski holiday

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
fijit wrote:
if you've got a big enough group look out for offers where the group leader goes free, at least you get a free trip for all your hard work!

Wouldn't you split that saving between everyone in the group? Confused
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have organised a few group trips. Basically, I do the research and decide where we are going to go. Gradually whilst discusisng it with people, more of them deside to join us.
So far I have organised group trips to Sauze d'Oulx (fairly decent snow but very warm air temps made it slushy late afternoon in Feb 0Cool, Mayrhofen for Xmas 06 which was excellent apart from the one non skier who didnt allow her partner much time to join us for skiing and was miserable over dinner each night, and St Anton Jan 09 for the wifes 40th. This was probably the best, as everyone was a decent skier and we stopped in a chalet in Oberdorf, not right by the lifts but not much of a trek.
I have also organised for a group to go to Alpe d'Huez in Jan - the requirements were a proper chalet with a log fire and sauna, ski in/out, high altitude, good for 2 beginners, plenty of ski area to go at. ADH has been on my radar for a while, so I thought it was time to give it a try.
Also, a smaller group (6) are going to Serre Che in March 10. I went there this March and loved the skiing, but wanted to go back and stop in a chalet and have a better standard, and 2 couples decided to join us. One of the people is a good skier, one is a total beginner, and 2 are early intermediates, so again decent selection of slopes for us all.
I have never had any problems with organising a group, mainly because i get left to do it which I am happy to do, as I have the time and energy to reaearch and make enquiries.
The hardest part of the whole holiday is getting everyone to drive to the airport for the same time, or keeping together on the motorway on the way!!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
cathy, That is exactly what we do! It is not a great amount but it pays for everyones insurance! After all it is a bunch of friends going on holiday not a business arrangement. There is a girl that does that on here but I am not sure if it is the right thing to do amongst friends and family!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy