Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

DIY Trip from Belfast

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all, first time post long time lurker.

I am trying to way up the possibilities of a long weekend trip from Belfast - destination not that important.

Has anyone had any success with direct flights from Belfast, or have they had to go from Dublin.

If not booked DIY is it possible to have an TO sort a long weekend booking - if so which TO have people found to be the cheapest when flying from Belfast.

Thanks in advance - i know this is a bit of a long shot as i cant imaging there are that many snowHead from belfast on this forum.

Cheers[/code]
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
skidoo, welcome to snowHeads.

There are half a dozen or so NI regulars, so I'm sure one of them will be along with some practical info.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
skidoo, I'm in Carrickergus, but so far have always gone with a T/O, so not nuch help to you!
Is your trip a weekend one to limit the cost or to limit the days off work? I only ask because if it's to limit the cost you'd be as well to take a last minute T/O deal which would get you a week for less than your long wkend. I've done B+B in Arinasl and 1/2 board in Zermatt for 200 quid each. And both had the advantage of great snow because we waited until the Tues/Wed to book for a trip on the Sat. Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Welcome to snowHeads Skidoo
I always had to travel via Manchester or Gatwick for my first ski trips from NI ("that was luxury... in my day..." etc, etc... [/Yorkshire accent]) but there seems to be a fair choice of direct flts from Belfast to ski area gateways these days:
Chambery & Toulouse with Jet2;
Chambery, Geneva, Milan & Nice with Flybe;
Geneva, Nice & Barcelona with Easyjet.

I've done Serre Che & the Milky Way from Nice before, with a hire car; and Risoul, Puy St Vincent & Isola 2000 are also easy to reach from Nice.
Andorra plus many French & Spanish Pyrenean ski areas are easy from Toulouse or Barcelona with a hire car; and many resorts in the Alps can be reached from Geneva, Chambery or Milan by scheduled or private transfers as well as by hire car.
Geneva or Chambery are favourites for being so close to the most/biggest ski areas.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Unfortunately I think Easyjet have stopped their winter flights to Nice. They stop mid November and start mid March. We have flown Jet 2 to Chambery and also Easyjet to Geneva. As far as TO are concerned we have booked with Ski McNeill on Lisburn Road. Going from Dublin gives you a lot more choice and is really only a 2 hour drive now.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy