Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Norn Iron...

Poster: A snowHead
Well, here we are, as promised:

http://www.theskishop.co.uk/Ski/Resorts.htm

Topping Leisure's web site now links to here. (about half way down the page)
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
OK WTFH, what's this got to do with Norn Iron? (Excuse my ignorance, but I'm missing the point). I looked at this thread because I live in this god-forsaken part of the country! Confused Exclamation
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Topping leisure is based in Comber, Co Down. (and I said earlier in the week I'd get a link up on it)
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Oh right, get you now. Never been. Do you own it or something? Is it worth a wee drive down from God's Own Country (the fair County of Antrim). Cool
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Well done WTFH (I needed Norn Iron explained to me too)
I note Snowheads now comes up in Google - didn't a week ago.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for thinking of us WTFH.
Us over here in Norn Iron are some what limited ski wise. Quite frustrating as we have little choice of resorts etc. So for example if we go with Inghams we have a choice of flying from Belfast to Innsbruck, or Innsbruck, or Innsbruck. The flights book up really quickly too so this year half our party are having to drive to Dublin and fly from there as the Belfast plane is the size of a matchbox. I'll shut up now, I'm ranting.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
TC, I used to live in Broughshane.

I don't own the shop, I used to help out there servicing skis, fitting boots, etc, and I still keep in touch, while maintaining the website.
I'm nowhere near Masque's level of web development, but it's enough to keep Roy (the owner) happy.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Where abouts in Co. Antrim are you TC? I'm in Cow Town (Ballymoney)
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
With My Travel you can go from Belfast to Toulouse and on to Andorra from there.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Jonpim wrote:
Well done WTFH (I needed Norn Iron explained to me too)
I note Snowheads now comes up in Google - didn't a week ago.

Snowheads has been spidered by Google and does appear in the searches. However, it is currently ranked 0/10 - and will probably stay that way until the next monthly update (known as the Googledance) when page rankings are updated.

Of course, the more links, the higher the ranking...

Opening up some of the boards to non-members (read-only) should also help google spider more of the site - thus ensuring Snowheads turns up on more searches.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
hello foxy! what you doing here? you're in every chatroom in the world ever... NehNeh
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Skibunny, you're not the real SB! Give up your user name to the true one, or PM me to prove you are her.

Now this thread was supposed to be about the most beautiful part of the UK, or, depending on your political view point, the most beautiful part of the 32 counties.
snowHead
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Sorry foxy... Sad didn't mean to be someone else. Is this any better?

And the most beautiful part of the UK today in the sunshine at 7.30am was putney embankment....
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
dolphingirl? Are you ready for your trip?

The most beautiful part of the UK this morning at 5.50, when I got up, was my bed. It was really warm and comfortable. You should have been there. snowHead

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Thu 4-03-04 20:15; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Oh foxy you tease you. Yes, tis I and I am sort of almost ready to go. Have my new sexy Atomic 120s primed and ready. Tried 1080s last week in Isola and fell head over heels in love Toofy Grin
snow report
dolphingirl, you're getting paid too much. snowHead (either that or throw some of it my way, but not the 1080s, I'm happy with my Pistols and my 3Vs)

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 4-03-04 20:15; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
and you haven't had many holidays this year? so cheeky. Isola was sadly only for four days, but went with four boys Little Angel for my birthday. hoping to make meribel before the end of the season... and next week is not really a holiday... glad the pistols are good.
ski holidays
Oh yeah, next week will be "work"!

Happy birthday. Sorry I forgot, but I lost your birthday details when your laptop was nicked. snowHead
snow report
Can't believe there are soo many Norn Iron folks on here, as Ski Pixie says, we're not exactly well catered for in the skiing stakes.

Johnboy, I'm not too far away from you, but closer to WTFH's old stomping ground, I'm in 'beautiful' Ballymena, also often referred to as Cow Town by those folks down the road in Belfast.

I have also driven to Dublin for the last 4 years to go skiing, more for the choice of destination than anything. Didn't mind until this year when it was freezing fog and icy roads all the way (no roads gritted at all over the border). We left home at 03:00, barely got above 40mph the whole way, the toll booth on the new Mway wouldn't take our money & informed me I had committed a traffic offence when I drove on - despite the fact I had fed the bloody thing more than 3euros!! All in all a very bad day & we only just made the flight (which thankfully was late), despite leaving more than 5 hours before its scheduled time.

We've already booked for next January, can you believe that, just so we can fly out of Belfast!!! Oh, and because there are 8 of us. Its just not fair!
ski holidays
TC, I grew up in Ballymena, but am too embarrassed to admit it! Went to the Academy, and the UUJ.

As for the hassle of getting out of NI to go skiing, that's one of the things that started me going to the US/Canada - get a flight to heathrow (with BMI since those scum, BA, pulled out) and then fly on from there. Many of the US tour ops do a supplement for about £40, which is less than the price of petrol down the A26 & N1 to Dublin!
snow conditions
This is scary, I might know you from an earlier life! I went to Cambridge House and UUJ!!! I haven't yet persuaded my 'ski-mates' to lay out the extra dosh for a US/Canadian trip but I'm working on it!
ski holidays
When were you at UUJ, and what did you study?
Me - mech eng 89-92.
ski holidays
This gets creepier. I was at UUJ from 89-93 on the bluffer's course, more commonly known as Business Studies. We've maybe shared the odd pint or two, who knows.....Dammit, I've just given away my age, we girlies aren't supposed to do that! Wink
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy