Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

How many pairs of Goggles/Lenses do I need?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Quote:

Lemon would be cheap to try if they make it for a Nova.

for that reason alone probably worth a look if lens changing is easy on those goggles. It transmits a bit much for if the sun comes out.
I think when you are in cloud or snow based on cyberil's, description they should be better.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
peura wrote:
RPF, barry, as to where I keep the spare lens - it's in the same place I keep my money, gloves if not wearing them, hat etc.

your money, gloves and hat aint breakable or scratchable or aint gonna shatter and pierce a kidney if you fall over. Was just wondering what people did to protect the lenses from damage etc, but thanks for the clever tip anyways Laughing
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
RPF wrote:
for that reason alone probably worth a look if lens changing is easy on those goggles. It transmits a bit much for if the sun comes out.
I think when you are in cloud or snow based on cyberil's, description they should be better.
I guess that the problem of trying to pick a "one size fits all" lens Confused . Maybe I'll try a lemon one.
barry, it wasn't meant to be "clever" just honest snowHead . My reasoning is that the lens is plastic so unlikely to harm most of me should I fall. The part of me I think would be most likely to damage is where I wear the "non-spare" lens, ie my face, and I always forget to take off my googles before I fall Laughing . So it's then just a question of protecting the lens itself from damage. . Since I've bought "spare" lenses which come in little fabric bags I just keep it in there (to protect from scratches) then just stuff it into my bag/pocket. Nothing hi-tech I'm afraid.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
peura, you aint seen on of my falls!! fair dues though, i might just be prone to breaking stuff - i'm pretty sure I'd knacker the spare lense!

suppose we could get those old clip on sunnies, you know like your dad had for over his spectacles, the ones that flip up and down! Laughing
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
barry wrote:
peura, you aint seen on of my falls!! fair dues though, i might just be prone to breaking stuff - i'm pretty sure I'd knacker the spare lense!
LOL. Most of my falls I'm more worried about breaking myself than two lenses Embarassed. But the spare is only likely to have bend a little to conform to my shape so snapping not a big concern. Unlike the pair I wear which have frame holding them from my body so when I stuff my face into the snow Embarassed there's quite a lot of movement. So far I've managed to avoid collisions with objects harder than snow Laughing .
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
cyberil
cyberil wrote:

I see a lot of you ski in sunglasses when the weathers good and the sun is bright. Am I better to stick with goggles during this time as I'll be wearing contact lenses, or should I go for some decent glasses?

Paul

Personally i always wear my goggles. However this is primarily down to the fact i like to ski really fast & i find when skiing with sunnies on, no matter how good or rap around/face hugging they are i get a lot of wind up under them which makes my eyes water. Which when above 30mph i think it's kinda vital to be able to see.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I wear lenses and stick to sunnies in good weather. So my eyes water a bit. What's the problem? Toofy Grin
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I wear lenses when skiing and wear Bloc Stoat sunnies when the sun's out, no problems at all. Also have Anon Helix goggles with the yellow lens for flat light, and carry a spare mirror lens should I ever end up in deep powder in the sun. Not happened yet, mind you! Spare lens is kept in the soft goggles pouch which has a separate internal divider for this.

One season I got iritis a day or so before going skiing so couldn't wear my lenses. I had to go out and find some clip-on sunnies as there wasn't time to get any prescription ones (I'd lost my previous pair). It's not too obvious, is it? Confused

snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Okay I've solved the problem, last night I bought a pair of Smith I/O's with 2 interchangeable lenses and a Smith helmet from S + R.

Thanks for everyones help!

Paul
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
cyberil, Good choice me thinks snowHead
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I always take two pairs out skiing with me, Oakley Wisdoms with Hi Blue for flat light and Fire Iridium (Think that was what it was called) for when its sunny. probably could do with an intermediate one as well, but never got round to it...
On my season in Whistler it seemed the weather was only ever bright sun or awful visibility, so those two lenses worked rather well

That said, eyesight has got a bit worse now, really could do with getting prescription lenses for low light at least!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy