Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kitzbuhel 12 Mar

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
From newly registered snowhead.

Hi, we're off to austria (myself, wife and kids) mid march. I would appreciate info on best runs for intermediate boarder, if there is such a thing, and also shop / leisure facilities for family - non skiers as yet.

Top site btw. Isn't technology great! wink
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
big k, welcome to snowHeads snowHead

It's a long standing tradition that I make an early welcome but am completely unable to answer the question posed!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Kitzbuhel is a very pretty old town so it's a great place just to wander around, good shopping but like all ski resorts heavily geared to sking. There is a superb leisure complex, swimming pool, spa etc., entry is included on your lift pass so what the cost is without a pass, I haven't a clue.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Wed 9-02-05 23:30; edited 2 times in total
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
There are two main areas in Kitz, the Horn and the Hahnenkamm. Boarders like the Horn. It is sunny and open and has a fun park. There can be a bit of walking to do on some of the Hahnenkamm runs. Don't miss the red Raintal run on the hOrn. I'd start out on the Horn and when you have had enough of that try the other way. Ski busses link the two areas, but they get less frequent in the middle of the day. It's great for non-skiers and there are TO trips to Innsbruck and Salzburg. There can be a bit of walking round the town, but it's one of those places you come to love. I've been 3 times and can gladly answer detail questions (if I know the answer) but I am a skier.

Welcome to snowHeads. snowHead
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Chris Bish, What would the snow be like in Kitz in first half of March? I'm worried about it's low altitude.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
For this year I wouldn't worry at all. It may be low but it is cold and there is plenty on the ground at present. I was there at Christmas and there was plenty then and they have had about 2m since!

Enjoy! snowHead
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Peter Ross, I've skiied there the first week in March and it was fine. They currently have double the snow depth now compared to the year I went so it should be fine.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

There is a superb leisure complex, swimming poo, spa etc

Nasty...... !
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Many thanx all for your help.

Chris Bish: I have heard the Raintal is lush. Madeye-Smiley We are staying near Lake Schwarzsee, I would expect taxis will be the best way to get around?
Quote:

There is a superb leisure complex, swimming poo, spa etc

Can't wait to see the swimming poo, it will be worth the trip alone. Laughing
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
big k, I'll give that some thought after work. snowHead
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
There are fairly regular ski buses from Kirchberg to Kitz that pass by the Schwartzsee. You will also not be a huge distance from the Fleckalmbahn, which takes you straight to the heart of the best skiing on the Hahnenkamm.

Try the link
http://www.kitzbuehel.com/en/default.asp?bhcp=1

for best local info on kitzbuhel. Oh sod it. I can never get bthose clever links right!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And there is also a link to the bergbahn website and eventually to a pdf file that gives the bus times. They are not abundant but do exist. Plenty of good snow though, so what the heck! snowHead
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
And another thing. There is a station in Kitzbuhel so you can get around by train if you are a non-skier. Most ski schools operate on the Horn in a nice little sunny bowl in the middle. Why not sign up the family for beginner lessons and visit from time to time. This would be easy to achieve and there are good restaurants on hand too. The Alpenhaus for example, which is at the bottom of the fun-park. snowHead
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Many Thanks Chris, Really appreciate it.

Normally takes until midweek to suss out a new resort and begin to enjoy, hopefully this time I have a head start. snowHead

All i got to do now is contain myself til I hit the powder! Mad
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy