Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

fitzmoos - how easy to access other ski amade areas

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
looking at the possibility of fitzmoos , which seems to have a smallish ski area, & was wondering how easy it is to access other ski amade areas by public transport
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I found it just about the most 'out on a limb' of all the areas of Ski Amade I went to, cant comment on public transprt - I had a car
Might have just caught it on a good day but the village struck me as a lovely place and somewere I would return too in Summer - if its all about the skiing though I would recommend other Amade resorts before Filzmoos
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Monkfish, thanks, but it seems to be one of the few resorts in the ski amade that any t/o's go to - schladming & the gasteins are another- but I'm looking for somewhere both with reasonable atmosphere & good for my partner,a beginner. Fitzmoos looks a possibility, though rather restricted for me, an intermediate piste cruiser, hence the post.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Monkfish, couldn't say it better myself!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
flangesax, hi was thinking about with pm'ing you for your thoughts ( we have met) - can I take it there is no quick & easy way to , say, radstadt or altenmarkt ?

ps, you're booked up for the time I'm hoping to come over - I've already checked !!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Whe are you hoping to come out?... I may be able to do some hunting about for you...

Filzmoos is an excellent destination for families who all want to ski together with the little ones and want a chocolate boxy town for the grandparents to be ahppy in the day time. If you are looking to cruise (especially on your own if the GF is at ski school) you will ski it out very quickly (1 1/2 days).
I would say that the area is about as big as Radstadt/Altenmarkt combined with Eben.

There are buses in and out of Filzmoos but it takes a good 25 min just to get back to Eben.

I have to admit I do have a little bias against Filzmoos, probably because it is pants compared to so many other places in Ski Amade yet the TO's offer it to the Brits.

Schladming itself is a bit of a mixed bag for learning but a short jaunt on the bus (or ski) to Reiteralm offers an excellent learners area at the top of the gondola - one of my favourite places to go with my 4 year old!

Good luck though!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
If you can get cheap flights DIY in that area of Austria is incredibly easy - you can book accomodation online very easily picking dates that suit you, and though I would recommend a car you can get a taxi straight down the motorway for 45 mins and your in the heart of the Amade area

If they hadn't cancelled the flights from Manchester to Salzburg I'd be sneaking a cheeky weekend in before Christmas, oh well

Is your partner a complete beginner? You may find it hard to get English speaking group lessons in the area as there are not too many English speakers away from the tour op resorts, had some hit and miss private lessons too (though Radstadt was excellent)
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
thanks flangesax, I think you've pretty well shot down the fitzmoos idea - why is it I wonder that the t/o's do all go to fitzmoos & to so few of the other places ?

I'm looking at the coming around jan 16th, but finding that the flights aren't the best, particularly as EJ only flies to innsbruck from bristol on sundays & the nearest for salzburg is from gatwick & the saturday prices are already up, meaning that t/o packages ex bristol are pretty competitive in price. Is it the case that most hotels etc prefer sat to sat or is there a good chance of some flexibility so early in the season ?

thanks alsoMonkfish, I usually do diy & have been to flachau before, but then I'm usually on my own & have things booked by now. For various reasons I've had to leave it relatively late & the gf wants to come along so a higher level of comfort is probably required ( I usually B&B & eat takeaway of an evening !!). Good point about the potential language problem with ski school - another argument for making this a t/o/job perhaps.

ps flangesax, great to see you're surviving well out there - was fairly early days when we met
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
nickH, only just!.... difficult this year Sad

I think you will be able to book 7 night stay that is not Sat-Sat on the lead up to Xmas. We are being hit pretty hard this year by the very competetive TO's and the lack of flights. Don't forget that you are not binded to your accommodation with the TO. Why not see if you can have a few nights somewhere else? Good pont about the language but the instructors should be able to speak enough English to get your through...
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
flangesax, I feel for you as Salzburg flights have been decimated. Sad
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Frosty the Snowman, I think it might be time for me to go Dutch!... just another language to fail at learning!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
flangesax, sorry to hear its not been a good year - positive thinking tells me it'll be a cracking winter!!!
As for going dutch, most of them speak better english than the english, so it might well just be a case of showing your wares in the right market.
Frosty the Snowman, as have a number of other routes as well - one could almost wonder if there's been some deal between the budgets ( well EJ) & the t/o's. Certainly the flighs I've taken the last few years ( innsbruck, salzburg, geneva venice) have always been close to full if not full, so its hard to imagine that they're uneconomical
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy