Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where to Ski 1st week in Dec 09?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The earliest I've even hit the slopes was the 2nd week in Dec last year.

Anyone fill me in on expected conditions/best places to go in Europe for the 1st week in December??
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Might be wise to choose somewhere with a glacier so that in the event of poor snow there's something open.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
europa, Expected conditions, who knows. Last year was a particularly good one. jonm, has right idea. Tignes, les Deux Alpes (France) SassFee (Switzerland), Hintertux Austria.
These are just a few of the popular glaciers which are open most of the year so should be a safe bet. You would be hoping more than just the glaciers are open.
A nuber of snowHead's will be in Tignes the last week of Nov. So if I can I'll update on the conditions. There will be more out there before then so keep an eye out for Tignes threads.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hemsedal in Norway. More chance of snow and they will have had the blowers on for a month by then.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
glasgowcyclops, I hope Hemsedal is better than Geilo. We did there about 4 years ago. The resort had about 4 runs with a bus service between the two sides of a valley. Since then we have given Norway a wide birth.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I hope Hemsedal has snow by the time we get there for the week before Christmas. There is some snow on the ground there now so our fingers are crossed that it stays and the pound doesn't fall further. Little Angel
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
who can say.. if you are booking now then Tignes would be very near the top of thie list...if you can afford to wait then it's snowatch
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@ph, yep it is better than Geilo and lillehammer for that matter.

Of course I do get a free cabbin so I may be l;ooking through a rose tinted glass eye (hence glasgow cyclops) Happy

@ Andrew Bailey Have you been before? If not then some tips are....... skihire (I have skis there) best place is last shop on the right.

If youy need gear....... go to........ the shop below the supermarket.

Also there is a spar hidden away on the right as you enter the village.

AND the best tip ever is that one of Norways best discount places for skis is in the indistrial estate near torp airport. My borther got me a set of Dynastar driver9's with bindings for £100 Happy

Cheers
Bob
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Norway's experiencing a cold snap, so the blowers are on just about everywhere right now. -5C outside my front door this morning. Brrrr!

Bjorli and Gaustadblikk open this weekend. Just about every major "resort" will have some areas open by December 1st. Note, I used the term resort cautiously - things aren't exactly on an alpine scale up here. Planned openings:

* Bjorli: 17.october
* Gaustablikk: 17. october
* Filefjell: 31. october
* Kvitfjell: 31. october
* Trysilfjellet: 31. october
* Skeikampen: 31. october
* Hafjell: 7. november
* Kongsberg: 7. november
* Hemsedal: 13. november
* Beitostølen: 14. november
* Haukelifjell: 14. november
* Nesbyen: 14. november
* Oppdal: 14. november
* Voss Fjellandsby-Myrkdalen: 14. november
* Geilo: 20. november
* Hovden: 21. november
* Narvikfjellet: 21. november
* Norefjell: 28. november
* Eikedalen: 5. december
* Voss resort fjellheisar: 5. december
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hintertux looking good
http://www.skiclub.co.uk/skiclub/snowreports/snowreport.aspx/Hintertux
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
glasgowcyclops, Thanks for the tips. We have been to Hemsedal twice before but only for long weekends when there appears to be a large enough area to ski in. We pre-book skis from the ski centre as it is easier when with children (although it is even more expensive).

Will try the satellite resort just round the valley this year.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy