Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing /apres / drinking

Poster: A snowHead
Renry, Usually start with a Gluhwein at 11 ish and will have a beer with lunch. Then start properly around 3.30 in Mooserwirt and stick to beer all night. Hit the sack around midnight and get up for brekkie early doors and usually on the slopes just after 9 and repeat 6 times. The key is not to break the chain and you'll be fine (oh and I've just turned 3Cool wink
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hello All,
Burned the candle severely at both ends a few years ago 6 nights on the trot,ended up with Austrian buds in a house somewhere at 5am naked in sauna!!! however recovered to take the ski school race, after 2 hrs kip, by a rather large margin much to the disgust of my fellow learners who had done the early bed etc job the night before.I then proceeded to race the instructor who had been in the same " haus" as me and frightened the be-jaysus out of myself on a local slalom course, but really had a ball.However, now that I'm a young 41 er I seem to have discovered my own mortality and tend to take things a bit easier, however I'll be shakin' my ass in Schladming in late Jan and late Feb (hopefully) in St. Anton
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Was afraid this thread would be jumped on by the killjoys. Instead it's nice to see fellow snowHeads supping from the Devil's cup Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Cymru am Byth, drinking during skiing whatever next "garlic and bread!!!" Embarassed
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Renry wrote:

Now if that dosnt make you want a snowfix nothing will.
I couldnt put any better myself.

Fantastic snowHead

Thanks Renry Embarassed Smile
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Usually finish skiing 4/5ish, straight into a bar 1/2 way down the slopes or in the village, stay there until 7.30-8ish, back for a quick shower, then meal with wine, then liveliest bar we can find for as much beer and flying hirsch as we can take. leaving the bar at whatever time it shuts.

Up by 8 next morning and always on the lift by 9am. Repeat ad nauseum......
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Charlatanefc, You forgot to mention the Jägermeister Laughing
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Now that I am approaching mid 40s I find that hangovers do screw me for the next day, mainly because as I am diabetic I keep on getting low blood glucose readings all morning. So I tend to grab a few beers after skiing and then have a couple more earlier in the evening and move on to a little red wine or spirits but avoid getting totally wasted. Slow and steady and making sure that I don't stay up till 3am more than a couple of times a week seems to work ok.

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Tue 13-10-09 20:51; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Scarpa, I think not Wink Flying Hirsch - http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/A27637275
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Charlatanefc, Ah... I should never have doubted you. Please forgive me Embarassed
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Scarpa, I'll let yer off seeing as it's you Wink
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Charlatanefc wrote:
....Up by 8 next morning and always on the lift by 9am. ......

Oh really? Little Angel
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
holidayloverxx, 9 times outta 10 Wink
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Charlatanefc, wink
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
holidayloverxx, Up off the floor by 8 more likely Laughing
ski holidays
Get up around 8-9, bit of breakfast, on the lifts for 10ish (I'm not an early bird hungover or not!) Ski till lunch, have a beer with lunch and tend to drink water while I ski, but if I stop I'll have a radler. Beers straight after finishing skiing, quick shower, something to eat with wine, then usually off to the pub for some more beers and Jagerbombs Very Happy

Water before sleep always helps Madeye-Smiley
latest report
If water seems boring going to bed take some effervescent vit C tablets - I like rasberry.
snow conditions
My first day on the forum and I read of such irresponsible behavior! Unless away with young children - most of your sleep can wait until your home.
Make sure that every few drinks you have a drink that includes fruit juice as well as alcohol. That way you're hydrated and full of vitamins. Don't eat salad. And don't waste time showering, just brush your teeth and get on with it. Get a solid two and half hours sleep each night. Only two sets of clothing needed - skiing clothes and one set of party clothes. (extra underwear for the sensitive)
Follow this advice and you will get stronger each day.
snow conditions
Circusthing wrote:
have a drink that includes fruit juice as well as alcohol

Grape juice? That would be wine then! Madeye-Smiley

Welcome to snowHeads!
ski holidays
Circusthing, welcome to snowHeads. You'll fit in. snowHead
latest report
Circusthing wrote:
My first day on the forum and I read of such irresponsible behavior! Unless away with young children - most of your sleep can wait until your home.
Make sure that every few drinks you have a drink that includes fruit juice as well as alcohol. That way you're hydrated and full of vitamins. Don't eat salad. And don't waste time showering, just brush your teeth and get on with it. Get a solid two and half hours sleep each night. Only two sets of clothing needed - skiing clothes and one set of party clothes. (extra underwear for the sensitive)
Follow this advice and you will smell stronger each day.

[inscrotable]You have much yet to learn here grasshopper[/inscrotable]
snow conditions
Circusthing, why must young children impinge on the drinking? I am confused...they seem so much nicer when I am pi$$ed.

(for those of a sensitive nature - this is of course a joke)
latest report
PisteHead wrote:
Oh and hearing my skis crunch on the fresh corduroy.

Seriously? Shocked
ski holidays
Circusthing, Good to see new faces here... have fun Toofy Grin
snow report
narc wrote:
PisteHead wrote:
Oh and hearing my skis crunch on the fresh corduroy.

Seriously? Shocked

Yup, he needs lessons, they should be 'hissing' quietly as they bite the carve . . . just like my board does Twisted Evil
snow report
I get up at 7 yeah and hit the slopes by 9
Go no time for eating yeah I'm skiing all the time
Seems to me, I live my life
Less sober than you think I am
I guess that's why they call me
They call me a skiing man
I guess that's what I am

The lifts stop at 4 O'clock
So I seek myself out nice cold beer
Always seem to be wondrin'
Why there's no women round here
Well it seems to me I live my life
Less sober than I think I am
I guess that's why they call me
They call me a skiing man
I guess that's what I am

Acknowledgements - Geddy Lee, Alex Lifeson, Neal Peart
snow report
It depends on work/training. But if im not working or the training is easy I dont mind going out for a 'few'. Depending on the people Im with and the vibe that night a few can often turn into a lot more! But I can cope if the next day isnt too demanding and still enjoy myself on the skis. If I know theres powder falling Im a Little Angel
snow conditions
I have tried skiing after a night off the beer. It just does not work. My style of skiing demands the night before on the beer!

Circusthing, Welcome to snowHead I'm loveing your debut. Very Happy
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Renry wrote:
Im 35 years old and just cant be bothered with putting up with the day after the night befor when im trying to enjoy my skiing.

I much older than you but not wiser - so can't advise you as I've never tried it. Glacial tap water and mountain air is the best hangover cure but I then need re-fortification to conquer the fear.
snow report
halfhand, Laughing
latest report
Fruit juice for breakfast. Hot Chocolate during the day. Maybe a beer or two in the evening. Always on the first lift and usually one of the last off the slopes at the end of the day Little Angel
latest report
The apres is usually so good that I just can't help myself. And when you're so close to the best hangover cure ever, does it really matter? I'm 47.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy