Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ischgl - how expensive to eat out?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

Wonder if anyone has any inside information on this... A group of us are very keen to ski in Ischgl, having skied St Anton a number of times over the last few years and really enjoyed it, and having heard good things about the skiing in Ischgl. However, it looks like there is a lack of cheapish budget accommodation - the choice seems to either be reasonably affordable B&Bs, or pretty expensive half board hotels.

So my question is - how expensive is it to eat out in Ischgl? Are there places to eat out at the lower end of the market? Could a group stay in a B&B and still eat out without massively breaking the bank (pathetic pound:euro ratio notwithstanding!)

Any first-hand experience would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Chris
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There is a Burger King right in the centre of Ischgl if you want to go budget.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Pizza is always affordable but there are more than a fair share of 4 and 5 star hotel restaurants around. Eating out in Ischgl didn't appear expensive to us but we did get whacked in places like St Moritz and Davos.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I didn't think it was bad, but wine in restaurants seemed more expensive than usual. We had some superb food, I have to say.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I booked an apartment in Versahl which was a bit cheaper than Ischgl. It has a free ski bus and is walking distance to Ischgl.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
cps26, Accommodation, beer, lift passes, equipment hire is all pretty expensive in Ischgl but food is much less so and from memory no more so than St. Anton.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Eating out was very reasonably priced when we were there, but would agree that wine is expensive. After a not particularly good and rather expensive bottle on the first night we had beer with meals after that.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Last time I was in Ischgl was 07, so quite a while ago, but then, we never paid more than EUR30 for an evening meal. That included usually 2 courses and wine throughout the meal - not falling over drunk quantities, but a good few glasses. Sometimes it was as low as EUR20. We ate in a variety of places - some pizza/pasta type places but also a couple of hotel restaurants. You could eat for less than that, and you could of course spend a lot more. Food was generally though of a very high quality and extremely generous portions, so in terms of value for money I think it is quite good. One thing to watch, they seem to have this weird thing in Ischgl about tap water/bottled water in restaurants, they really resist giving you tap water, and we had to be quite persistent to get it.

I guess it will have gone up a bit since then, and as you say the £/Euro rate is painful, but I wouldn't expect it to break the bank. I have struggled though with the same conundrum though, as on the whole I am wary of B&B if I don't know how much it will cost to eat out.

D
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
There is plenty of choice in Ischgl for both food and accommodation- they are some really fancy places which are pretty good - but there is plenty of reasonably prices places to eat- we ate out every night that we were there from pizza/pasta to steak- there is a good place Salt & Pepper which is very reasonably priced-
Its good fun in Ischgl and food shouldnt be your main worry- there are a couple of supermarkets if you want to stock up if self catering.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy