Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dolomites

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking to book this years holiday currently looking at going somewhere in the dolomites can anyone reckon any resorts that can be done on a budget of say £450.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Try http://www.mountainsunltd.com/chalet/albergo-frohsinn
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
What are you hoping to include in that £450?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
as much as possible
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Linds, what does that include?
For example we stayed last year in late February at Ristoro Lezuo. It would have been €280 for a week half board per person in twin rooms. It was right on the slopes of the Sellaronda (a lunch stop for many).
just below the Passo Pordoi and a mile up-piste from Arabba. The food is a bit basic and the beds a bit firm but the lounge/ bar is nice. They don't insist on Saturday to Saturday which is why we chose it (we went Friday-Thursday and then went on with our guide to a mountain hut and then Cortina). If you don't mind being in the middle of nowhere in the evenings it is OK. You will need a taxi to get you up from Arabba the evening you arrive, though.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
chelt881, For information, there is a good article on the different ski areas of the Dolomites in the latest issue of Fall Line magazine.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
chelt881, you could try & pm sueski or contact her via her site http://www.simplydolomiti.com/.

she lives & works most of the year in arabba & has helped a number of snowheads to organise good value holidays in the area. I went with her help last year & am hoping to go again this one.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Treviso is the best Airport for Arabba.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
chelt881 wrote:
as much as possible

You'll struggle to include everything for £450.

I did a last-minute chalet package to the Sella Ronda resort of Canazei in January with a mate for £230pp inc flights, ski carriage, shared twin room and half board in chalet. Pre-booked liftpass was about £180 and I spent about another £200 in resort on drinks, lunches, one evening meal out, ski service, etc.

So, a total of around £600pp all in. Pretty much the bare minimum I'd say as the package was about half brochure price and all that free chalet wine.wink

The only possible savings would be to take food and drinks on the mountain and have a picnic, but it's part of the holiday for me to stop on a sunny terrace and there's no extortionate pricing in the Dolomites.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
snowball, Marco Polo Venice is just down the road and gives a better choice of flights.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
riverman, provided you don't want to fly from bristol !!! Sad Very Happy
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
nickH, very true!!!!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
nickH, I am now booked from Gatwick
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
riverman, fear I'm going to have to do the same as there's no reasonable alternative - real bummer that !
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy