Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Hire & Lift Passes - Zell am See

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Morning all,

I've been lurking for a while but this is the first time I've stuck my head above the parapit, so be gentle.

I'm off to Zell am See with the family in the new year. We're staying out of town near the Schmitthoe lift. Can anyone advise on options for ski hire and lift pass purchase around there?

I don't fancy dragging the kids into town and back on the first day. It looks like there's a lift from the town centre, so it might be possible to bus into town, sort skis and passes then hit the slopes from there.

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

mgb
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
MGB, welcome to snowHead s

Been to Zell a couple of times. You should be able to get lift passes from the Schmitten lift station no problem. Then you can use the ski bus into town for equipment, plenty of choice. Or use this firm. Not used them myself, but did see them around.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
MGB, welcome to snowHeads snowHead

I have a vague recollection that there is a hire shop near the schmittenhohe lift.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
MGB, Welcome to Snowheads! snowHead

Can't help you on the equipment hire front, but here's a piste map of the area - you'll see that the schmittenhöhebahn goes from the upper part of town (furthest from the lake). I'm sure the lift base station building will have a cashiers selling lift tickets, here's their website.
The skiing from the top of the schmittenhöhe is ideal for intermediates, this link has webcam views
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ski hire shops
http://www.zellamsee-kaprun.com/winter/ski_board/equipment_hire/ski_hire/en/

Lift passes

http://www.schmitten.at/en/winter-prices/

Intersport do a combined hire and lift pass packege that may be worth considering, it is also worth pre-booking hire to get discount

There is a bus from schmittenhöhebahn to Postplatz every 30mins, I think it stops at the CityXpress lift station.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
MGB, Welcome to snowHead s

I've been going to ZamS for years and will be staying in a chalet flat up at the Schmittental station from 9th to 30th January. If you'll be there at that time PM me and I'll meet you out there and keep you right.

There are a couple of hire shops up the valley but I've never used them so can't comment.

Intersport is, in my experience, the best combination of prices and kit quality provided you pre-book a deal that includes your lift pass.

Here is the link

http://www.bruendl.at/en/blue/skirental/index.ph

Sport Achleitner also gets a good name and I use them to service my skis whilst out there.

http://www.snowell.com/2/en/liz_51/Sport-Achleitner-5700-Zell-am-See-skihire-skirental

What is best to do that first morning will depend on a few things, such as whether any of you are complete beginners or will be in ski school, which ski school you have booked and whether you have already bought or pre ordered your lift pass or will be able to use it from the off.

Anything else just ask Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
robboj, i know you have probably just arrived but as soon as you can post a snow / piste condition report i would be very interested to know. i will be in zell the 16th [ next saturday ]
Andrew
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Try Europsport they are located near to the bottom of Schmittenstrasse at Schillerstrasse. The web site is www.skirentals.at. If you book online you will receive a 20% discount, and if you give them a call or e mail, they may - time permitting be willing to pick you up at your chalet. They are very good, and are cheaper than the big ones in Zell. You can also ask them about the ski pass - but it is no problem to buy this at the lift station. Have a nice holiday
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy