Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Prices increasing!

Poster: A snowHead
Just checked online to see if there was any difference between what I paid a month ago and what's on offer now.
The exact same package from the same operator www.snowtrex.co.uk would cost me an extra £190 (four travelling, so £47.50 pp) to book now.

Anyone else seen similar?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
youspurs1, I had noticed that. We are going as a group and some of the party dragged their heels on booking and it has cost them a fair bit more!!

Where and when are you going? snowHead
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
TO's have drastically reduced capacity for this season so this year it actually will pay to book early.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yes! Although Crystal/Thomson are advertising £50 off per person at the moment, it seems the prices are actually higher than they were when I booked back in May. Pretty glad I booked when I did.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Avago, Going to La Norma, 9th Jan.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
...and €uros were 95p each today Shocked
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
queen bodecia, did you do an 'early bird' booking? they knock maybe £150 off some of those.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
At the moment, we are past the period when "early bokoing" discounts are offered, and we are not yet into the period when late discounts are available (except perhaps for early December trips).

So I would expect TO prices at the moment to be at about the highest level they will be for 2009/1010 winter season.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
alex_heney wrote:
So I would expect TO prices at the moment to be at about the highest level they will be for 2009/1010 winter season.

Exactly, and no different from any other year.

And although TO's have cut a lot of capacity, it'll be interesting to see if they've cut enough.

Just talking with people, and listening to others (about work in general), the next six months are going to be, well, interesting. As a result, if you don't have to slide at peak times, I've a feeling there could be plenty of last minute deals around once the season kicks off.

It's tight now, and it's only going to get tighter. March/April '10 could be the tipping point. Hope I'm wrong.

John.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Just looked up a 6 day pass and IIRC, it is cheaper than I paid last year... by £8.00 Laughing
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Mine haven't gone up.... dread the thought!
Austrian accommodation seems to be in the weird bubble... the BnB's never seem to go up. my prices have been the same since we moved here in 2006 and so (it would seem) are most the others.

Bit of a shame really as I really could do with a little bit more money to buy nice and shiny things for the up-and-coming snow!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
rogg, no particular discount at the time I booked other than a low deposit deal. But since I wanted a particular hotel for a particular week it made sense to book early. Really glad I did now as that hotel is fully booked for that week and prices for other accommodation in the same resort really has gone up in the last month or so.

Apparently this time of year (pre-season) is the peak booking period so it's unlikely that TOs will offer discounts until the season gets underway.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I sent a message to a mate who is a senior manager in a big t/o a few weeks ago to see if he could recommend diy or package and he said ski bookings are massively down on last year, much more than they predicted. So I am still waiting for the last minute offers again I think.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
anyone know when early bird deals come out........... was thinking of going to colorado next season but one (2010/11) and thought i might do an early, as opposed to my usual last minute jobs.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
rogg wrote:
anyone know when early bird deals come out........... was thinking of going to colorado next season but one (2010/11) and thought i might do an early, as opposed to my usual last minute jobs.

Varies, but May time through June usually throw up the best deals. Just pop on the TO sites every couple of days or so and see what's going. The time when most people are forgetting their last slide, but not quite got round to planning the next, bookings are slow and the TO needs cashflow.

Other than that they have one offer or another on most times through to October, plus last minute, obviously.

We saved £380 as a couple (over the brochure price) booking May gone. Enough almost to cover my pass.

John.
snow conditions
As far as I can see the price for the trip I did last year is about the same this year as it was in Oct last year - we travelled with people who had booked early at over £600 a head, we booked late december and paid £259....... I am going to wait and see.
snow conditions
If planning to go on Jan 9th or 16th next year when do you think would be best to book for about 10 people?
snow report
MhicEasmuint, The larger the group, the harder it can be to find a late deal.

But even so, probably late November/Early December for travel in one of those two weeks.
snow report
MhicEasmuint, WOuld agree with alex_heney, , however if bookings are really low yo may geta little more leeway. Another big factor is where you want to fly from - there is usually more capacity from the London airports.
latest report
mmmmmm well it will be Belfast so I suppose that will narrow our options somewhat. Wait until the middle of November then and if anything good comes take it.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy