Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

So who are you in real life?

Poster: A snowHead
D G Orf wrote:
Might have known that ssh would be an EE he's far too logical Laughing

It's worse than that. At the moment, I'm an industry analyst! Shocked
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Even better you get paid for telling other people what they're doing wrong NehNeh
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
marc, or anyone else for that matter: if U did choose a username in haste and wish to alter it to your 'normal' ID let me know by PM and I'll update it.

The change will alter the ID on all your past posts retrospectively.

U
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
D G Orf wrote:
Even better you get paid for telling other people what they're doing wrong NehNeh

Nothing like being a pundit. Kinda gives you an idea why I'm here, eh? Honing my literary skills... Laughing
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The only reason I post under Fruity, is cos one day I was eating a packet of fruitgums at my desk, logging on to another chat site (I do OCCASIONALLY get caught doing some work honest!). I decided Fruitgum was a good idea, used it for the past 3 yrs now. Obviously the girlies on that website called me fruity for short and its stuck....... except my adoring ( ha ha) hubby would say it has other meanings!

Yes, I am Helena on SCGB site..... a relative newbie over there... in fact I discovered the chat room about 3 days before I was BARRED for some unknown (!) reason like most of us. I thought it was me!!!
Anyway, I was always gonna give them my money so just paid up in full (Family £6Cool and then discovered that everyone had run away to a certain well frequented web site.... and here I am.

I have been known to have a split personality though ( they call me a geezer bird at work, cos I ride a motor bike, drink ladylike pints of mild back up north where I have Lancashirian roots, but come from Nottingham - best city in the UK and I would love to go home, stuck down here cos of work and husbands family etc etc). Wink
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
oh it didnt like 69 did it!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
but I am a proper girlie, not some great big bird with muscles, hairy upper lip (but dont forget the nipples eh Masopa! ) and I have been told I am fit. or Not Bad for Nearly 40. apparently. Women enter their prime round about my age.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'm me Shocked

In other places I've been SomeBeans...
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Super noodles - love 'em and if you want a bit of variety chuck in a tin of sweetcorn!
p.s. I'm Annaliese - but I wanted a nickname to reflect my love of the mountains - summer and winter!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Richard Brumby on the SCGB forum and of course my true name. Smile
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I've been NBT for about three years now - I started using my real name in internet forums then suddenyl, everyone started using "noms de plume" (or more correctly in these internet-savvy days, "noms de clavier"), and I changed mine to "notoriously bad typist" because, well, I'm a really bad typist and known for it Very Happy

Since then, it's stuck, and been shortened to NBT as it;'s easier to type. I won;t say I actively hide my real name, but I don;t advertise it so that I don;t get ticked off at work for too mush curfing and not eboug working

Smile
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Surely in your line of work being a notoriously bad typist is a bit of a liability!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Smile

As long as I consistently type badly, it doesn;t matter as then all the variables have the same name: any code I type badly is caught by the compiler!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Pah, when I learn to program, you didn't have variables, you had registers! And a compiler? I had to wake up in't'morning and run the assembler. It would take 200 lines of code to display your name on the screen. And we had to save everything to tape.

And eat coal. Laughing
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Assembler? Tape? Screen? You were lucky!

I had to get up in 't middle o't night before I'd been to bed, enter bootstrapping code on't front panel by hand in't machine code one byte at a time, program using a screwdriver and punched cards, and I were lucky if an answer came out before I went home! Twisted Evil
snow report
Hmmmm, guess you might be talking computery speak now..... Totally lost, all I know is that I struggled at my keyboard for 3 hours this morning so absorbed in work that I didn't remember to save it. Doh. Then those nice people at Microsoft let me down and Word crashed. Time to start again. My fault I know but still not happy. Twisted Evil
snow report
There is a an autosave facility on Word so it saves every x number of minutes. You set the interval. It then gives you the option of recovering after a crash (or you can manually do it). Don't have it on this machine, so can't give detailed instructions on where it is.

Should be on by default, but.....
latest report
I'm just plain old me, cos I was on the other place, although I have been known on others as NellieB
snow report
Well I have used my screen name on a number of different Forum sites. A mixture of my two first names, and my number one sport.

BTW D G Orf told me about this site, was going to sign on the SCGB but they closed it before I had the chance
snow report
I only came across SCGB in mid-Jan when I came back from La Plagne & was desperate for my next fix - and then the forum got taken away Evil or Very Mad but then I found here snowHead . I was boring old Cathy Collins there and not much different here..... Very Happy Was a bit uneasy at having my real name available especially when you can look at all the posts one person has written, amazing how much personal info gets written & you don't know who's lurking out there...... Shocked

I'm clinging onto my thirties with all my might - big four oh coming up in 2 weeks but I'll be in Banff then, away from it all - bliss Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
I'm just me - I dont really understand all this technical stuff - so it didnt occur to me you could be someone else on the computer - mind you - I think I'm wishing I wasnt me - I started the petition about the ski club decision ages ago - I'd only done a few posts at that point but was soooo mad. I didnt really think about it - and now every time I pop over there I see my name at the top - coz no one else is saying anything. I suddenly feel very "exposed". - and then I did it again.... and made someone very, very cross so they actually had to get it moderated... ooops

Anyway - this is a horrid thread - it is taking away all that grey swirling mystery....
U- brain - you cant possibly be GRAHAM - I have a mental picture of a strange and mysterious character - a kind of skiing NehNeh superhero -
And now I find you are ............ Graham - ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
(ps no offence - Grahams a very nice name!)
snow conditions
I'm me!
ski holidays
I was Mark Woods in another life, but wasn't really sure what this forum was when I set up my user name. When I discovered that it was all of the refugees from 'over there' I felt a tad embarassed about not using my real name. However, I have now created this exciting alter-ego !
latest report
Johnboy is of course John Lynn. Didn't really mean to call myself johnboy, it just happened when I registered.
snow report
Night johnboy, if you want to change it then tell admin (use a personal message) and he'll be happy to oblige.
snow conditions
I went by my real name on the other site, but here I'm Kramer, which is an alias that I to preserve my anonymity on-line.
snow report
Used to use my "pretend" name on SCGB i.e. Helen Pace...here I'm using a short form of my "real" name which is Homp Homp Helen Melon Lurkin Gherkin Oooh Oooh Oooh Head.....as I said when I first arrived - don't even ask!! The origins are lost in the mists of time.....
snow conditions
homphomp, unusual to combine the conception with the baptism isn't it? Little Angel
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Never felt the need to hide my real name. Occasionally I change my email address, to prevent spam buildup. At the moment it's scream, after my skis.
latest report
and I'm just littleol' me Little Angel
snow conditions
I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you.

But let it be known that I am NOT a snowboarder.
ski holidays
Elizabeth B, when you're not "Barry B" Wink

jayne durham, sorry to spoil the mystery but there's been so much talk of 'openess' since we got here.... Embarassed
Still, we know that Batman is 'Bruce' and Superman is 'Clarke' of all things - perhaps I could enter a bubble lift as mild mannered, excentric millionaire, "Graham" and emerge at the top as, "u brain of the snowHeads!": {insert superpowers here}

better?
snow report
u brain wrote:
mild mannered, excentric millionaire,

You wish Wink
ski holidays
If I were a millionaire I'd pay a surgeon to make me concentric.
latest report
If I were a millionaire I'd buy myself a nice little chalet in the alps and stay there all ski season, unfortunately I'm not Sad

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Fri 5-03-04 18:06; edited 1 time in total
latest report
ooo ubrain - I feel so much better now.... I now virtually know a superhero and a mysterious millionaire
DG - seriously worried about the state of your head if you keep butting that ski chalet.
snow report
how did I miss that.... sorted
snow conditions
D G Orf wrote:
If I were a millionaire I'd buy myself a nice little chalet in the alps and stay there all ski season

Me too, but I'd take my mates with me.

Against their will if I had to ("mad cackle" fades to silence)
snow conditions
And pay off their mortgages, set the kids up, stand the beer and food for as long as the money held out, then back to work.

Just need a few numbers up this weekend. Very Happy
ski holidays
Nahh never pay anyone elses debts because they'll think you're a soft touch for the future, I might allow my mates to visit me though ...... chilling laugh Twisted Evil
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy