Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The ups and downs of our half-term holiday ANOTHER UPDATE :(

Poster: A snowHead
Agenterre wrote:
Frosty the Snowman, Many congratulations on his selection ... commiserations on the result. Twisted Evil

Quality post Laughing Laughing
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

Agenterre wrote:
Frosty the Snowman, Many congratulations on his selection ... commiserations on the result.

Frosty, Well done you and what wonderful news for your son. Have you warned him concerning what rugby will do to his skiing knees in years to come! Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Knee injury today for the big lad. All looking very doubtful and sad....for the rugby, not the skiing Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Past few weeks has seen him invited to join Leeds Carnegie Academy and due to play Leicester Tigers Academy side the week after the North Wales - Yorkshire match on Sunday.

FUBAR, off for a cry Crying or Very sad .
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Frosty the Snowman, Oh no! Sad What's the damage?

Lets hope its only a temporary setback wink
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Frosty the Snowman, are you saying the injury is so serious the knee can't be mended? Shocked Sad Sad Sad Sad I do hope that's not the case and that he will come through it and be as good as new. So sorry, commiserations to him and all of you. Kx
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Frosty the Snowman, Sad Sad I hope it's not too bad, wishing him a fast recovery.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Sad Sad Sad
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
genepi, Hurtle, no we think it will be fine, seems to be a sprain of the medial ligament but little prospect of a quick comeback/fitness in time for this coming 2 massive weeks . A long story but his season has been huge highs and lows, and we were on a massive high, really going places, in the middle of a fabulous coaching programme with the start of the matches next sunday.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Frosty the Snowman, rotten luck. I hope it heals quickly.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
fingers crossed
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Frosty the Snowman, how sad for you and him. Best wishes for a quick recovery.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Frosty the Snowman,
Quote:

we think it will be fine

Phew. All good wishes, in that case, for the speediest possible recovery.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Well what a difference a few days makes. Leeds Carnegie physio assessed him monday night, no swelling, and diagnosed a strain of the ligament, could well be fit to train tommorrow and possibly play Sunday and definitely play the weekend after.

Big smiles all round. Lots of fresah snow in Schladming area so should be good for all concerned. We set off friday night and so far I have not felt one single pang of excitement. Am sure it will change.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Frosty the Snowman, most excellent. Best wishes for the big events.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Frosty the Snowman, Great news, but......
Quote:

one single pang of excitement. Am sure it will change.
We set off friday night

To get to Gatwick for friday you really need to set off on Thursday, have a look at the weather forecast for the beautiful South East. Twisted Evil
latest report
Quote:

We set off friday night and so far I have not felt one single pang of excitement.

I'm feeling the same at the moment (we are setting off on Friday afternoon for Les Gets - via the M25/M20 and Eurotunnel) Crying or Very sad
I just can't wait until I've got the packing, travelling with wife & 3 kids, getting the chalet keys and sorting the hire gear out of the way and be standing at the top of my first run on Sunday with a big smile on my face.

Glad to hear the injury isn't as bad as it first sounded.
snow conditions
Quote:

To get to Gatwick for friday you really need to set off on Thursday, have a look at the weather forecast for the beautiful South East. Twisted Evil

Hmm, BBC forecast is showing Kent being pretty bad but round M25 to Gatwick OK, hope so anyway that's the route I'm taking in the early hours of saturday morning.
ski holidays
There is a big difference between Gatwick and Dover. Good luck!

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/se/dover_forecast_weather.html

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/se/gatwick_forecast_weather.html
snow report
Quote:

Hmm, BBC forecast is showing Kent being pretty bad but round M25 to Gatwick OK, hope so anyway that's the route I'm taking in the early hours of saturday morning.

All the forecasts I have seen are predicting heavy snow for Kent on Thursday night. I think you'll be fine for Gatwick and I'm praying the M20 in darkest Kent will be clear for Friday evening.
Also when we had the heavy snow a couple of weeks ago the motorways were all still clear and flowing.
snow conditions
Frosty the Snowman, my son(Skidog)had that injury, it troubled him on and off for a few years while he grew.
In a nutshell (as explained to us) the growing stretches the ligament and once strained it tries to heal but the growing counteracts the healing as the ligament doesn't get a chance to settle.

It as never a bad problem, but at times it kept him off hard sport.

Get him to wear some knee support and keep it warm when out in the mountains...and especially important to stretch and warm up before skiing (How many of us do that even though we know we should?)

He should be fine....have fun!
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman, hope it'll be OK - I can imagine that this kind of opportunity doesn't come up more than once or twice in a lifetime, and being out of action for the critical period could be disastrous. Fingers crossed. wink
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman, fantastic Very Happy Just in case, will he fit your mojo? Laughing
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman, glad he's on the mend. I vaguely remember the days of healing quickly.
latest report
Frosty the Snowman, Wish your son good luck with the games. The physio treatment in rugby academies is first class. My wife is a physio manager and pretty hard on most sports physio but has been very impressed the care and rehab our son is getting at Bristol.
I'd echo the wearing of a support and after either playing or skiing elevated, ice and compress almost regardless.

Stick a few on the Welsh! Twisted Evil
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman, Very Happy
latest report
Quote:

Stick a few on the Welsh!

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
snow conditions
Diagnosed as fit to train last night and play on sunday, came through the session OK Very Happy

BUT.. There is a family we usually ski with, Eldest son has cerebal palsy but skis with a carrier/helper. Some snowheads have seen him ski and it fantastic/emotional to see. He has had a major hip rebuilding operation in november and is just starting to be weight bearing. Mum is staying at home and Dad is taking the 14 and 12yr old with us. Dad had a partial knee replacement last summer. 14 yr old had a sore knee and has not played rugby since november. They were wating on a scan and diagnosis right up until monday just gone for 14 yr old, suspected torn cartilege which would have ruled out skiing, operation and 6 months recuperation. It came back as a bruise that formed a cyst that slightly damaged the ACL but he was free to go skiing and resume rugby, a great relief to all....except that when milking this morning dad caught his leg/foot, twisted his new knee and is now in A&E where the signs look very very poor.

They are a the most wonderful family and life seems to deal them the shitiest of hands. We get the 5.25 train out of Darlington tonight and I don't have a clue who will be on it. We are all very upset Crying or Very sad
snow report
Frosty the Snowman, so sorry Sad It does seem that bad things happen to nice people, but everything crossed, and prayers being said, for some kind of nice outcome.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Frosty the Snowman, wot Anniepen said. Hugs and have a good time, whatever happens.
snow conditions
Frosty the Snowman, Good luck to all of you, hopefully it will all work out OK
snow report
Frosty the Snowman, it never happens easily, does it? I hope you'll be on the train, and that at least some of your family and friends will be with you!
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman, good to hear some bits of your news Very Happy
Sad to hear some others Sad
After even partial knee replacements the knee stability is not as good as before - but perhaps he has only done what your son did?
ski holidays
Latest update: A piece of plastic has moved in the joint and they are going to try and manipulate it back in the morning, if not he goes under the knife. Under the circumstances this appears to be a good result. They will put it to the kids when they get in from school if they want to go or not.
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman, Sad Oh dear. Here's hoping you get there with as many fit players as possible. Special wishes for the hip re-build to continue to go well - I guess that's what the family are most anxious about. They are lucky to have your family's support.
latest report
Frosty the Snowman,

Hope everything works out in the end for you and your friends.
ski holidays
The poor fellow went under the knife on the Saturday morning, all is well now and he is making a good recovery. He was well enough for his wife to take his place on the Wednesday morning Very Happy

We had a great week and I hope to do a trip report when I have time.

No1 Son played against Cardiff Schools for Yorkshire A and managed to stuff it up 'em Madeye-Smiley , The game against Leicester Tigers was called off due to snow Evil or Very Mad , but we went down to Leeds for his review on Monday and he has been invited to joing the Leeds Carnegie Academy as part of the RFU Elite Player Development Programme Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman,
Quote:
We had a great week and I hope to do a trip report when I have time.

It was only last week, I bet it feels like a month ago already Confused
latest report
Boredsurfing, yup, face to the grindstone again, just sat here waiting for part 2 of the double dip Laughing Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman wrote:

No1 Son played against Cardiff Schools for Yorkshire A and managed to stuff it up 'em Madeye-Smiley , The game against Leicester Tigers was called off due to snow Evil or Very Mad , but we went down to Leeds for his review on Monday and he has been invited to joing the Leeds Carnegie Academy as part of the RFU Elite Player Development Programme Very Happy Very Happy

that's buggered up future skiing holidays then - isn't he any good at cricket Smile
ski holidays
bertie bassett, dead right. Christmas is our only option next year.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy