Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Grauniad offers ten tips to cheaper skiing.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Someone at the Guardian has noticed how much the brochure prices have climbed this year and offers ten tips for keeping the costs down. Of course, this is all old hat to us Snowheads but there are a few useful links and phone numbers.

1. Cheap dates
2. Head west
3. Added extras
4. Avoid France
5. Lesser known resorts
6. Back-door retreats
7. Beyond the Eurozone
8. Self-cater and self-drive
9. Book direct
10. Fly wise

http://www.guardian.co.uk/travel/2009/oct/04/cheaper-skiing-holidays

They forgot: 11, Visit Snowheads!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
altis wrote:

1. Cheap dates

I don't know, I'd say the best date is the one who pays for her own ski trip! wink
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
horizon, Laughing Laughing Laughing
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
love this line

"The cheapest week in the brochures is the second week in January [9/10 January 2010]," says Nick Morgan, managing director of Le Ski (01484 548996; leski.com). "It's always a great time to ski as all the festivities are over, the crowds go back to work and leave you the empty pistes to cruise."

what no russians...
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
bertie bassett,
Quote:

what no russians...
Probably not, they are likely to be leaving that weekend - see here. I was interested, as I'm going to the 3V that weekend. wink

I was wondering how all the operators in French resorts mentioned in this blatant advertorial, felt about the recommendation to avoid France! Laughing
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

I was wondering how all the operators in French resorts mentioned in this blatant advertorial, felt about the recommendation to avoid France!

It was there idea they dont want the stupid foreign typs who are not as cultured and sophisticated as them cloggin up their slopes Laughing
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
bertie bassett wrote:

what no russians...

Apparently a lot of the Russians did not appear last year They were also feeling the effects of the recession
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hurtle wrote:
bertie bassett,
Quote:

what no russians...
Probably not, they are likely to be leaving that weekend - see here. I was interested, as I'm going to the 3V that weekend. wink:

Yep - thanks for the correction, re-reading last seasons TR it looks I got the wrong russian weekend..
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Interesting that they recommend s/c and drive when scgb is recommending the opposite - all inclusive package. I suppose you can get good deals on both really.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
firebug, i guess if you're s/c and eating out in the evenings, it'll be stupidly expensive.

if you're shopping in the local village supermarket, it'll be cheaper, but still likely to be more expensive than shopping at home.

if you're driving out, taking all your food for the week (like a lot of euros do?) instead of shopping along the way or in the local village supermarket, it'll be as expensive as it is to eat at home.

so i guess going s/c can also be expensive as well as cheap Puzzled
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Garfield wrote:
bertie bassett wrote:

what no russians...

Apparently a lot of the Russians did not appear last year They were also feeling the effects of the recession

They were significantly fewer in Austria last season Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy