Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Arcs Ski Pass

Poster: A snowHead
Quick question.... do you need photos for the Les Arcs ski pass? I know it's a "put it in your pocket" type pass, but it suddenly struck me that I might still need a photo for it.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not any more, no. Except for season passes and senior citizen passes and the like.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Wow! Now that's what I call a quick response!!

Last time I went (Pas de la Casa) I didn't know you needed a photo, and got ripped off by the TO by getting a photo done by them in resort Evil or Very Mad Still, better than not being able to get a pass snowHead

Thanks for putting my mind at rest Smile
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
m00958, thats gone the journey in Pas as well - all electronic now.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
So's the Evasion pass for St Gervais/Megeve/Contamines. Nice not having to rumage about my person to extract lift pass (getting cold hands and colder looks from other queuers in the process); and the wriggling up against the metal pass detector makes for amusing entertainment.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Only sensible option, get rid of those old fashioned cards! Every decent resort should be equipped with these machines after all we are collectivly paying a fortune for the privalige
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've a pocket in the skirt of my jacket for a liftpass but it's too low for the machine to read so I had to do the 'hump the barrier' manoeuvre to get it to work. rolling eyes
Then I bought a new pair of gloves, they have a pocket on the back of the hand and that makes life very easy. It doesn't matter which side the sensor is you just give a royal wave and the gates open.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
m00958, there's a 3 Euro refundable deposit for the Les Arcs electronic pass and also keep your receipt. Unlike in some places, if you lose the pass, it will be replaced if you have the receipt. Lastly, it's probably well worth paying the small extra amount for the Carre Neige insurance. Have a good trip.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
FenlandSkier, that sounds excellent - myself and snowbird quite often can be seen humping the barrier !! What make are the golves ?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I've got some Level Gloves (the Star) which have that little pocket. But I don't use it, somehow it feels safer to keep the pass in a permanently zipped up pocket.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I have a little pocket in the sleeve of my jacket (lefthand side) which seems to be a convenient place. The only problem I had is that my Les Arcs lift pass was not the most reliable at opening the gate, and eventually stopped working altogether and needed to be replaced. Apparently its best not to keep these things near phones or keys. I wondered if my Suunto watch also interfered with it, but the replacement lift pass seemed to work OK.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
m00958, also might be worth making a note of the serial numbers of each of the passes in case you do need to get a replacement for one that's lost - the bumpf we got with ours made it pretty clear that you needed the number of the original pass so it could be cancelled for a new one to be issued starting the next day - the numbers of each pass may be on the receipts issued in the resort but it wasn't on ours that we ordered on line. Also, "coming soon" should be the ability to charge up your pass on-line so for the three euros it costs to keep, all of the people in our arty decided to keep theirs to be able to charge it up on-line for a likely future trip.

Finally, apols for not replying on your other thread regarding accomodation in Arc 1800 - I've no experience of staying in 1800 so nothing to add I'm afraid. For those easy blue runs you were looking for, we found taking the transarc to the mid station and coming down from there great with our two kids of 5 and 8 (second week skiers).

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Wed 17-08-05 23:24; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
In Les Arcs it's crucial to keep the receipt in a safe place, as kuwait_ian says. When he bought his pass a couple of weeks back at the funicular office, the very pleasant sales lady went to great lengths to ensure he had understood this!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
PG, whatever can you mean - did the kind sales lady indicate where the safe place might be - better still , did she place the receipt into said safe place Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
doogo, she couldn't get her hand through the security window unfortunately. Seriously, she was very helpful about the Carre Neige, putting the pass on the left, keeping keys, phones and anything metallic away from it, reclaiming the 3 Euros and how to get a replacement and all in excellent English. It was quiet time and maybe she was bored - or maybe she just wanted to impress PG & I. snowHead
BTW - If you forget to hand in the pass, keep it for your next trip.
latest report
Paul Mason wrote:
FenlandSkier, that sounds excellent - myself and snowbird quite often can be seen humping the barrier !! What make are the golves ?

They're Scott Team gloves, a mate of mine has a different pair of Scott gloves and they have the pocket as well. We call it a lift pass pocket but the girlies in the group reckon it's for keeping a credit card close at hand.
snow report
I found the card could be quite low and still worked. If you prefer a pocket higher up, they can easily be added manually to your stuff. Also, I often had the card in a pocket on my baselayer and it worked (at the end of the week that was through quite a few layers), so you don't need the pocket in your jacket.
ski holidays
If you keep your pass and go back in the same season ask for an 5, 6, 7 etc. day 'extension'. You'll get it at a discount. I don't know what the rate is now but it used to be 15% in the same season and 10% in the season after.
PG, you got the details?

ie. on the Sat. I left, a day extension was 27Euro, another 'day' was 39. You just have to be careful how you phrase it.
ski holidays
Quote:

You just have to be careful how you phrase it.
Lady in the booth advised me against it, said I would be waisting my money
latest report
Masque, Pass, sorry.
snow report
I'd presumed that one had to be careful when asking for an "extension". Perhaps I was barking up the wrong tree
ski holidays
Thanks for the info everyone Smile

Bungle, thanks for the extra bit about the accomodation and blue runs snowHead
snow report
Frosty the Snowman, No, you're just reading all your emails with an open heart in the belief that everyone has your best interests in mind.
Of course when you finally achieve maximum tumescence your changed center of balance will gift you with unparalleled skiing stability but the blood starvation to your brain will render you unconscious before you get off the lift . . . and don’t even consider ‘t’ bars Shocked
snow conditions
Masque, T-bars would be okay, but buttons probably best avoided. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Mrs Frosty has suggested that you are both completly wrong as neither of the organs in question has ever had a blood supply. Harsh............but true
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy