Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Transfer from Val Thorens to Geneva on the Cheap !?!?!?!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

I wondered if anyone know's of a super cheap way to get from Val Thorens to Geneva Airport??? Date wise it will be one of 22/23/24 of December. Flight will be either Lunch or mid afternoon so no really early starts.

The cheapest i've found is good ole Altibus for €75
I will probably be using bensbus for the way out on the 12th who can do it for £68 return or £37.50 single but don't seem to operate on weekdays.

Complicated back story but basically this the last piece of the jigsaw and the cheaper i can get the transfer the more people i can convince to stay out and play for a little longer than the standard week.

Thanks in advance for your collective knowledge.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
im in the same boat as you! going to Val Thorens on 16th Jan from Geneva.
There is 3 of us, so it basically works out the same price / slightly cheaper to hire a car - plus the return bus with bensbus leaves FAR too early in the morning! and gives us the freedom to stop at a supermarket on the way!

I'd have a look into it if I were you?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks,

I had a quick shufty at car hire but it still (i heard the reports in the summer) seems outrageously expensive. £300 plus for a little puddlejumper seems daft, thats before ski chains, racks, CDW etc etc.
Have you found anywhere thats doing a sensible price?

Its a weird situation where basically everything is paid for including travel by coach for a week (Uni ski trip). However i also have use of a apartment in VT so can stay on longer for free but would have to find my own way home.

Myself and a friend will definately be doing it and we are trying to round up a few more peeps to do the same. Hence the focus on cost as it would effectively mean the others forfiting "free" travel back to the uk and paying for a transfer and a flight. Flight is £50 so it'd make it nice if i can get it under £50 for the transfer too.

N.b i'm flying there and back anyway - not a student anymore so will happily pay extra to avoid the blessed 24hr coach journey......see i told you it was a complicated back story.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
found car hire on holidayautos for 180 for the week....
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Caould you not get a train from Geneva to Moutiers and then a short bus transfer?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
kyoto49, You have to change in Chambery I think. As I have been looking into it. It takes 4+ hours with a half an hour wait between the trains.

I'm seriously contemplating taking the train from Geneva to Bourg st.Maurice. I don't know how easy it is to get from the airport to the central train station in Geneva. Although I do know the airport is on a train line.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Christopher, It's easy from the airport to Geneva centre. A quick walk to the airport train station, trains every 10 minutes in peak periods and I think it is free. You can obtain a free ticket at the airport arrivals although I think you have to use it within a certain time period. Hopefully another snowhead has experience of this and can let us know.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Christopher,
Quote:

I don't know how easy it is to get from the airport to the central train station in Geneva.

Answer:very!

I think all trains from Geneva airport stop at the Central Station in the city and the journey time is approximately 5 minutes.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi guy's thanks for the response.

Drawn a bit of a blank.

The train to be fair is cheaper but will involve in getting a coach down the mountain and then a painful train journey as you have to change at Chambery.
I reckon the whole thing will take at least 5 hrs.

Car hire is unfortunately just to expensive for the length of time we are staying £250 is the cheapest for a corsa type job which really will only fit 2/3 ppl with ski gear.
Such a bug trying to do these things on the cheap lol although its worth it when what i normally end up paying for 2 ski holidays a year i quite often hear ppl saying the spend on one.

So it looks like plan a or possible a long drive there with car full on the way back wink

Or i could always not be awkward and get the coach there and back, but why sacrifice 4days of skiing. Laughing

Thanks again
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Suggest you post a message on Natives or ring the Frog and Roastbeef and ask them to put a note on their message board. I'd be surprised if you can't find a ski bum with wheels willing to do it for 100 quid + fuel. It's a 5 he round trip if traffic is ok so 20 quid an hour seems fair.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ahhh top idea I like your thinking.

Although I'd definitely better get my travel insurance sorted out. I've witnessed seasonaires/ski bums driving before, they seem to have a penchant for coming backwards out of avalanche shelters.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy