Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

General Purpose Ski Boot & Civvy Clothing Bag

Poster: A snowHead
Has anybody come across what I shall call a "General Purpose Ski Boot & Civvy Clothing", bag, which will take Ski boots and all the miscellaneous paraphernalia required for 7-10 day trip? Preferably can be mounted on ones back, for ease of movement in resort, adverse conditions, etc and wheeled in non-adverse conditions. It must also comply with our dearly beloved Airlines luggage weight guidelines. I have seen for example a branded, Salomon Wheel 900 Travel Bag, which seems to meet most of the criteria, but it is not 'Back-Mountable'. I want to be able to move, with some measure of style & purpose, un-encumbered, with all my earthly possessions on my back, my skis in hand & beanie on head. Or is it back to the self-design or product modification board?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Bernard, I've just seen a wheeled backpack that looked to have areasonable capacity in our local Costco. Don't know if there's a Costco in Norn Iron but the sort of thing you're looking for does exist.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Bernard Condon, I've seen the Eagle Creek Stuff before (well made kit) http://www.luggagesource.com/IBS/SimpleCat/Product/asp/hierarchy/14/product-id/466446.html
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Bernard Condon, some measure of style? Do you see yourself as the cat?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Nick, Last outing through airports, (two flights there & two flights back if you remember) and hostile territory was not stylish! Two rucksacks, (albeit one small one), boot bag & ski tube contributed to an uncomfortable journey, although any agent worth his/her salt would have signed me up as Quasimoto II. I am looking to improve my mobility and agility off the snow as well!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Bernard, airports are specifically designed to make you fell hot, exhausted and sordid. As you walk around in your monster backpack, and collapse the temporary flooring through overloading, you'll come to realise that. Travellers bringing in new kit are no obstacle to the imagination of the airport authorities. "Bringing you a better airport. XXXX apologises for any temporary inconvenience caused".

Must admit Sion was almost an exception - it was a delight to fly out from last week. But even they had thought of something. It was impossible to land at in the weather we had at the start - so we arrived at resort about 1130pm., having eventually landed at Geneva. Ah! Airports I have known........

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Fri 11-02-05 11:02; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
And you forget the joy of trying to get a UK taxi to pick you up when you're toting a ski/board bag Evil or Very Mad
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Bernard Condon, I had no problem getting a full week's kit (including ski boots) into a Lowe Alpine, 70 litre, "travellers" rucksack last year. Those are the ones where you can zip away the back straps and have a general shoulder strap as well. It's a very solid and indestructible piece of kit.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
skanky, Pray tell me more! Where did you purchase this 'Wonderbag'? I shall check out 'Lowe' on the web.

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Fri 11-02-05 12:13; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
skanky, Is this the article in question??

http://www.gear-zone.co.uk/eshop/Lowe-Alpine-Appalachian-70---Special-Deal.html
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Berghaus do a couple of large bags with zip away harness. I have one, and it's lasted very well indeed.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Bernard Condon, I think that this is the most recent generation of the line. The boots do take a up quite a bit of room, but I only just failed to get two weeks worth of stuff in this year (I didn't try too hard as I realised I wanted the boots before I'd have a chance to unpack so expanded to a boot bag as well). It doesn't have wheels, but a decent rucksack really doesn't need them as it's easier just to leave it on your back. However, I recommend you try before you buy and don't risk just getting it over the internet.

[EDIT:] Looking again, that doesn't have an attachable day pack, which mine has, so this one may be closer the mark. It seems they have evolved the line far enough for my pack to not really match any of the current items in it. Of course, you may not want the day pack.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Bernard Condon, this http://www.luggageonline.com/product.cfm?productID=2825&catID=27&brandID=0&tab=4 looks like it'll fit your needs. I'm a bit tempted myself if I can find it at a better price or I head for CONUS in the near future
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Gosh, skanky, that is some kit. Now all I need are legs strong enough for me to stand up with that thing fully loaded Laughing
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Nick Zotov, last year, flying to Zurich, I filled it up for a week's skiing and it weighed in at 14KG (including ski boots). You'd be surprised how light something feels when it has a decent back straps. And besides you ski (or board), your legs should easily be strong enough. wink

Masque, haven't those been developed for use by the Swiss Army? I think they're phasing in wheeled back packs to save back trouble?
snow report
Thanks everybody for information so far - detailed investigations are continuing at some pace! Await results with baited breath!
latest report
Hope everyone didn't baite their breath too much!!!Masque's, suggestion was the winner!!! (One voucher for alcoholic beverage - to be redeemed when we meet somewhere, sometime - just remind me!)

The V13971 26in. Upright Backpack is a demon piece of kit and I am now the beaming and proud owner of same and have just returned from it's first field trip this week. I also imagine that I look cool when in the possession of this piece of luggage, but don't have any facts to support this at present.

10/10 for performance! Its a case, it's a wheely case and it's a back pack. (The back straps pack away into a zipped compartment which avoid it's having to be put onto the out of gauge luggage section) The front compartment takes a pair of ski boots and leaves the main compartment for life's other possessions. (Full, my full anyway was 26kg) It's available in the UK. If it's of interest let me know and I will dig out the details of the supplier.
ski holidays
Quote:

If it's of interest let me know and I will dig out the details of the supplier.

Bernard CondonWhere did you get the beast and how much did you pay, if you don't mind me asking? I know Selfridges stock the line, but they're not the most competitive on price...

S.
snow report
starnberg, After about two weeks of e-searching, I finally located a company who would supply!!! None of the US companies wanted to ship here and most e-companies here did not have stock. I found these the most helpful;

Steads Baggage Co
Email: No email listed
Address: Unit 132, Royal Victoria Place, Tunbridge Wells Kent, TN1 2SR
Telephone: 01892544005

Ask though for Guillemene, a French chap from Marseilles for whom nothing is too much trouble. He works at Kingston-upon-Thames branch. I paid £169.95 including delivery to my home. Not sure how this compares. Mention my name and that he shipped one to me in Northern Ireland and ask for a 10% discount on the basis that the bag is getting more popular with SnowHeads. It is pricey, but literally you can travel with a weeks gear on your back, skis in hand and.........
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy