Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

World Cup Countdown

Poster: A snowHead
19 days 'til the Ladies GS at Soelden and the Rettenbach Glacier has 8cm with no snow forecast before the 13th at least? Shocked Sad

http://www.wetter.at/wetter/sport-freizeit/ski-wetter/oesterreich/tirol/soelden

http://www.soelden.com/main/EN/SD/WI/Wetter/wettervorschau/index.html
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Time to get started on the sacrifices to the snow gods. What should it be first...?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
How about a huge bonfire of snow chains and helmets?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
rob@rar wrote:
Time to get started on the sacrifices to the snow gods. What should it be first...?

anyone starting a helmet/chains/TO vs. DIY thread
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
andyph, Winter tyres would burn well? Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
robboj, it's the Women's GS race on the Saturday and the Mens on the Sunday. Here's the race program if anyone is interested:-

http://www.soelden.com/main/EN/SD/WI/Events/top_events/skiweltcup/index.html

I'm gonna be there. Any other snowHeads in Sölden that weekend?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Sleipnir, Alas I'll have to settle for Eurosport Smile

Mind you the snow control must decide at least 7 days before arrival day if the snow conditions are good enough to race. By my calculation this will be Friday 16th October and there is going to have to be a big forecast change for next week if the races are to have any chance of going ahead Sad

You better get sacrificing then!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Are eurosport covering this race again this year? As last year was the first time they had it.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just shows how silly the World Cup season is. I suppose it is commercial pressure to promote resorts prior to the start of the recreational season - but the risk of iffy conditions is obvious.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Renry, AFAIK the deal with ORF for the Austrian races was for three years?

achilles, Your right, but amazingly the race has only been cancelled, or not been held ( I'm not sure which) once in the last 10 years.
Worryingly for all our sakes it was the 2006 race, and we all know what the winter was like Sad
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Sleipnir wrote:
I'm gonna be there. Any other snowHeads in Sölden that weekend?

I will be for sure. I just don't know if we are coming on Thursday or Friday. Considering ski tickets are free, I might just as well come on Thursday already and get some skiing on Friday Smile
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
primoz, my Austrian buddy said that there is some speculation in the Austrian papers as to whether or not the race will take place, due to the current snow conditions (or lack there of). Any inside info primoz?

Saying the above, I took a look at the weather report on Bergfex and it looks like the weather is turning colder on Sunday and there is a little snow forecast on the mountains

http://www.bergfex.com/soelden/wetter/
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
No inside info yet. It's way too early to even speculate about this. With today's snow guns they are able to make enough snow for pretty much any WC course in less then 2 days (plus 2 to 3 days to make it hard enough). At the moment they have more then 2 weeks time, so it's way too early to say anything. But considering friend, who is working as technician with Swedish team, left for Soelden on Sunday, I guess there is enough snow for skiing Smile
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks primoz. So, I think it's not worth me panicing any more at the moment.

Really looking forward to skiing in Sölden. Ok it will not be fantastic, with kilometers and kilometers of runs open and superb snow, but any opportunity to throw myself down a piste is good by me wink Very Happy Sure beats skiing at the Snowdome!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Sleipnir, I saw the American team bus heading in that direction on Monday but could not see who was in it! Most of the Americans stay in the US for this race, only coming over when the whole circus leaves North America don't they?

Forecast is looking bleak for this weekend for me as I was due to go paragliding - on the other hand it looks good for snow! so wim some lose some!

On your way now to Viehdorf aren't you? Look forward to meeting up soon!

Sue wink
ski holidays
Update from FIS website

http://www.fis-ski.com/?actu_id_1335=2182&actu_page_1335=1

Don't seem to be panicking too much? wink
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy