Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

All European School Holidays 2010 Shown Here

Poster: A snowHead
Was given a copy of this a while ago, and thought it might save on the regular questions of who breaks for holidays when etc... If your eyesight is bad, click on the thumbnail and it takes you to a larger view.

snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
thefatcontroller, really handy. Thanks.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
achilles, The weird week next year is the week leading up to Easter Sunday. Its off peak Shocked Shocked Thankfully our kids are breaking early so hopefully we will be having a quiet week in the Alps while everyone else is in school Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
thefatcontroller, Thanks, delighted to note I have avoided all school holidays except some part of Poland snowHead
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Oo very handy, will make this sticky Smile
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
TallTone, Oh my god after 8138 posts I post something worth keeping and of interest to others Shocked
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
thefatcontroller, Laughing
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
thefatcontroller, Laughing
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
thefatcontroller, Please post 2010-2011 as soon as you get it? Very Happy
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
robboj, http://about-france.com/school-holidays.htm

This one is useful too
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
thefatcontroller wrote:
TallTone, Oh my god after 8138 posts I post something worth keeping and of interest to others Shocked

Why not capitalise on your sudden usefullnes to others by starting a thread on the dates of medical conferences in Val despair Toofy Grin
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
German School Holidays (By State)

http://www.schulferien.org/

Holland

http://www.minocw.nl/schoolvakanties/1610/Vakantiedata-20092011-en-voorlopige-data-daarna.html

Austria

http://www.bmukk.gv.at/schulen/service/ferien/ferientermine_09_10.xml

Switzerland

http://www.edk.ch/dyn/15213.php

Sweden

http://www.skolporten.com/pdf/nyalasarstider_ht09-vt10.pdf
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
thefatcontroller wrote:
achilles, The weird week next year is the week leading up to Easter Sunday. Its off peak Shocked Shocked Thankfully our kids are breaking early so hopefully we will be having a quiet week in the Alps while everyone else is in school Toofy Grin

No you will not, because that chart, wherever it came from, has excluded a small, but very significant, country called Wales. Better than that, certainly in North Wales, Friday 26th March is a "training day" so we expect to be skiing pretty well on our own.
Oh and just to finish it off, my flights were £5 each, including taxes and free carriage for 2 pairs of skis each courtesy of an airline run by a guy from another small, but significant, country.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
skitow, Shut the fork up or everyone will know this secret wink Shocked Where do you think I live and where do you think I will be with my kids while the whole of Engerland is in school next Easter Toofy Grin

P.S. Why if you are such a nationalist is your location 'UK' Laughing Laughing As I say to my Welsh nationalist friends, show me your Welsh passport and then I might take you seriously Toofy Grin Sorry I forgot, no matter what the queen is your boss Laughing
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
thefatcontroller,
I am sure that UK wasn't there before, did you put it in ? Anyway I think you are bluffing, you live in Cheshire don't you ? Confused
If any one is interested, I have a nice house for sale, just across the border, immediate transfer of your kids to a school that shuts for Easter on Thursday 25th March can be arranged.
snow conditions
skitow, Chesire Confused snowHead Shocked
ski holidays
thefatcontroller,
Seriously, do you, or anyone else, happen to know how many other areas in Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Ireland have fell in with majority of the English counties and gone for the later finish ?
Anybody know if there is a similar thing happening for October half-term ? Ours is 24th to 1st Nov.
snow report
skitow, I did a quick google and Scotland breaks early. However the real one to watch is France they don't break until 1st April along with 90% of English schools so it is expected that the week up to Easter Saturday next year is off peak. I am so looking forward to being there that week Cool
latest report
thefatcontroller,
Sounds good to me.
And by the way, if there ever is a Wesh passport I am going to claim dual nationality, just in case.... Laughing
ski holidays
skitow wrote:
thefatcontroller,
I am sure that UK wasn't there before, did you put it in ? Anyway I think you are bluffing, you live in Cheshire don't you ? Confused
If any one is interested, I have a nice house for sale, just across the border, immediate transfer of your kids to a school that shuts for Easter on Thursday 25th March can be arranged.

Hello Thefatcontroller I see you have an apartment for rent in Alpe d'heuz. Snow Angel Nannies is a new private nanny service available in Alpe d'Heuz, www.snowangelnannies.co.uk and may be of use to people booking your apartment? Would be great to disscus opportunities? I can be contacted at info@snowangelnannies.co.uk!! look forward to hearing from you! Happy Skiing!!
snow report
alexchapman wrote:
skitow wrote:
thefatcontroller,

Hello Thefatcontroller I see you have an apartment for rent in Alpe d'heuz. Snow Angel Nannies is a new private nanny service available in Alpe d'Heuz, www.snowangelnannies.co.uk and may be of use to people booking your apartment? Would be great to disscus opportunities? I can be contacted at info@snowangelnannies.co.uk!! look forward to hearing from you! Happy Skiing!!

If you're going to pimp this thread that blatantly, at least get yer facts right. TheFatController doesn't have a place in ADH
latest report
thefatcontroller, Do the Austrians not do 1/2 term holidays???
ski holidays
bertie bassett, I would say the list is 95% correct but also this list is produced by a French company looking at rental weeks, are Austrians a big ski market for France?
snow report
The holidays aren't as bad as they're somtimes made out to be. Having always been told "Never go on French school holiday weeks, they're packed!" I went to the Meribel the second week in Feb this year. The deal was too good to resist. I found it to be relativly quiet and found pistes that I had all to myself at times. The resort runs were bad, but I hate them anyway so try and stay away as much as possible. I think you just have to pick carefully...but don't rule them out...if the deal is cheap enough!

adrian

ps. Be nice, please, it's my first post on here!
snow report
English school holidays for 2010 2011 shown here
http://www.swtourism.org.uk/files/download.php?m=documents&f=091120153741-SchoolHolidays201011.pdf
latest report
What about the Italian kids - according to this after 3 Jan they have no hols at all.................should we all book Italian resorts ??
ski holidays
Great post but do keep the Welsh school Hols a secret we don't just accept any Dai or Gwyn you know!! snowHead Guess where I'm going on the 26 March for a quiet week sking....
ski holidays
does anyone have an updated charted for 2011 in a similiar format to the one thefatcontroller, posted??
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy