Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Avoriaz / Morzine / Les Gets / Chatel - 2009/10

Poster: A snowHead
Even down in the town it looks delightfully snowy on the webcam this morning. Conditions look great! I can't wait til Saturday!!!!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Stonking ski this morning....... NehNeh NehNeh NehNeh NehNeh NehNeh
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I think thats possibly the best snow conditions this season? Could be wrong but its awesome today all the same! Visiblity improved at two and telemarked every fresh patch I could find.......Lots more to go round I promise. Looks a good forecast for tomorrow too!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Oh and by the way its 5.30pm and just started throwing it down again in Champery and up top too!! Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

I think thats possibly the best snow conditions this season?

Yes, I reckon so too. All those poor people who had their ski holiday at New Year don't know what they're missing (well, they do now wink). I've never seen more unpisted snow on the piste, it just chucked it down all morning. I was showing some people round, who don't know the area - but the visibility at mid-day, when their kids were having a ski lesson, was pretty grim. Better vis later - when we skied with four kids who just had threfour private lessons this week, and were doing very well in difficult, heavy, conditions on churned up pistes. Little lightweight 7 year olds with little skis and no poles - not easy for them, but they did brilliantly. Another bunch of converts!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Excellent conditions today - piles of snow overnight and this morning. And the sun came out later in the afternoon - we were out till after 4 today which has been unheard of in recnt times. Snowing again now in Les Gets.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
pam w wrote:
All those poor people who had their ski holiday at New Year don't know what they're missing (well, they do now wink).

Well that's precisely why those poor people deserve to be coming out to Grand Massif and PDS Little Angel

Half a sleep.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Lou, have a great holiday! snowHead
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Lou, Hope to keep it nice for your arrival after GM.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
2 sleeps - my birthday today and reading those recent posts has just made me open a bottle of wine!! I am so excited I feel about 12!! Why don't you get as excited about summer holidays, or is it just me??
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I just skied the best powder day of my season! I thought it couldnt get much better than the recent dumps, but it has. Hope this continues with the next storm at the weekend! Except for 2 hours teaching 7 year olds it was nearing perfection (shame about the vis up high occasionally) snowHead grinning all day!!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

Except for 2 hours teaching 7 year olds it was nearing perfection

well I can't teach, obviously, but I quite enjoyed my couple of hours with 7 year olds, even when one fell off a draglift a long way from the piste and had to be shunted down across a very flat powdery bit. They just loved it so much, and were so keen and brave - great kids!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Yeah, to be honest it was pretty good fun with the kids today. And I only has 2 so very manageable. Also considering this was their 4th ever day on skis they did very well. We skied knee deep powder (their knees!) and a red run. I got plenty of fresh tracks by the side aswell! Also when they face plant and need picked up/pushed out of deep powder its a great warm-up for the afternoon!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Great news guys! Its April so I can now start to look forward to a few more days at the end of the season. Three weeks to go! The more it snows now the more chance of some left when I arrive on the 22nd. Off to book the hire car now.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:

It got my vote too, I did take a camera but it was snowing too hard for most of the time I was out. Click on the image above for a high res look around Avoriaz at 3pm this afternoon.
ski holidays
pam w, Pamski, thanks Very Happy

jo reuben, summer holidays? Pah Toofy Grin But ok if going to mountains Very Happy
latest report
Awesome conditions still yesterday. Stayed cold enough overnight that the powder was still great and lots left if you knew where to look.
Bring on the next 24 hours worth so it's ready for us on Sunday morning.
latest report
Any of you lot know of available accommadation in Les Gets from tomorrow night for 6 nights? Need way ao getting from Geneva too!
latest report
johnboy, I am sure that some of the hotels will have space as its really not crowded here - well I think it is but I am used to having the place to myself but my son and friends assure me that it really isn't. If you google hotels and Les Gets, or look at the Les Gets website you will find details - but names that spring to mind are the Alpina, Crychar, Regina, Belle Vue - or you could put a request on Chalets Direct and you may come up with some catered accommodation, or self-catered.

Transfers: Alp-Line, Morz Express, Ski Lifts, Skidygonzales all do transfers and are buzzing around all the time.

And it snowing here again this afternoon - snow is really excellent and rather than packing up at 12 as we were a couple or so weeks ago you can get a lot more hours on the slopes. Just had a really good lunch at the Grand Cry on the Chavannes and it will be the Grande Ourse on Mt Chery tomorrow just before the mountain closes over there. It was brilliant there yesterday - the snow - ok you cannot ski down to the village but the rest was really good.

Woke up to a few new inches this morning and the sound of the snow plough even though it had been raining till about 12.30
ski holidays
Approximately 25cm fell over night here, just finished teaching a very interesting four year old who felt the urge to bite his instructors hand!! Fun day!! Anyway, the better news is thats its now snowing like crazy up top again and rain/snow in village. They are big big flakes that mean with the good forecast for the next few days, we are in for a great few days skiing!!! Happy Easter!
snow report
Pamski, sounds excellent. Wish we could be there for last day Mont Chery but would be a bit silly as coming on Saturday (though it might be worth it for the mushroom/blue cheese starter mmmm). Enjoy!

Hope andyph&co arrived safely. PM me if you want to meet in Flaine for a day this week.
latest report
Last ski on Mt Chery this afternoon - last lunch up there too - and a fantastic day, brilliant sunshine, lovely snow.
snow report
Good powder still to be found this afternoon.

IMG_1462

steve

Over the other side of the Tete de Bostan (accessed from the Valley de la Manche)
snow report
Quote:

Over the other side of the Tete de Bostan (accessed from the Valley de la Manche)

Just found this thread (in fact only just discovered Snowheads!!) - a bit late in the season really!

Where exactly is this? I am familiar with the VdlM, but cannot find the Tete de Bostan on my map.
snow report
Ardoyne, welcome to snowheads and PDS thread. Sorry cannot help with your query though Very Happy
snow conditions
Ardoyne, I have googled it and found this page which may help - http://www.haute-savoie.info/articles.php?lng=fr&pg=850
ski holidays
Pamski wrote:
Ardoyne, I have googled it and found this page which may help - http://www.haute-savoie.info/articles.php?lng=fr&pg=850

Pamski,

Thanks for that. Got it now, it would have helped if I had been looking on the correct map!
snow report
for everything in that area. http://www.chablais-grimpe.com/skirando/skirando_index.html
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Travelling to PDS next weekend - could anybody give info on conditions please

Phyllis
ski holidays
Phyllis Stein, see above on this page or try being more specific about where you are going wink
latest report
Overcast this morning, plenty of snow on the ground and temperature above freezing! Hinting at more snow to come later in the week, but I am not convinced! Its awesome conditions for April!
snow report
Phyllis,

Whilst there is plenty of snow higher up, the freezing level has been very high this week (above 2500m today). This has resulted in early morning being icy/hard and very soft snow later in the day. Lower down it gets very soft very early. There is an optimal time mid/late morning where the snow is pretty good for a period. You can also find some nice spring snow in the morning if you look for it.

Definitely the time of the season for long lunches and little afternoon skiing!!

Bob
snow report
Ardoyne, we are in GM at the mo, coming over to PdS at the weekend. This morning headed down to Morillon first thing and found slush before 10am at about 1300m, we thought we'd be ok until 11 Toofy Grin
ski holidays
it was an exceptionally warm night - 4 degrees at 1 am, at 1550m!
snow report
Lou wrote:
Ardoyne, we are in GM at the mo, coming over to PdS at the weekend. This morning headed down to Morillon first thing and found slush before 10am at about 1300m, we thought we'd be ok until 11 Toofy Grin

Lou,

Pretty much the same here, need to stay as high as possible. Bring your waterskis at the weekend!!

Bob
snow conditions
Any updates ??. in Chatel next Wednesday so do I packs ski's or swimming trunks
ski holidays
BergenBergen, well, as typical for the time of year, pack both.
latest report
Quote:

as typical for the time of year, pack both.

right. Lovely skiing this morning - down to the bottom of Crest Voland, lots of super snow, different every run. Now had lunch on the terrace, a white wine spritzer..... not going to bother with any more today, snow's finished for the day at these altitudes (home is 1550m, and south facing) though it's not really warm enough for the swimming trunks up here. I was wondering about a run down to Lake Annecy but am now feeling far too lazy.

Spring. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
Blue skies and lovely day today....If Swiss meteo is to believed.....There is snow heading this way on Monday and Tuesday.....Rain snow level 1200!!! Hmmmm, I am beginning to like the sun too much and short teaching days!!!!
snow report
Got back last night from a fantastic week in Les Gets, although no snow since Sunday we had a great time, a bit icy in the mornings and soft in the afternoons but to say it was so warm the conditions were great, skiing in jumpers in the afternoons. My 4 year old is as crazy as his older brother but totally loves skiing which is a massive bonus as he wasn't keen on going to Piou Piou again!! His ESF teacher was brilliant and took them up the mountain form the 3rd day and he was off!! My eldest even got the same teacher he had 2 years ago which was great, I really like the ESF in Les Gets, no negative comments at all. Back to school and work tomorrow so that's it for another year or so!! Think we'll be back to Les Gets next year in fact even getting considering getting together with another couple and maybe buying a place - I'm sure there will be some good advice on here - any tips on where to look.

Thanks Jo x
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy