Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Queuing, it just doesn't appeal to me.

Poster: A snowHead
We skied at Gressoney in 2008, the week starting Sunday Jan 24th. Not quite no queues but minimal ones and almost empty pistes. Nice variety of pistes and some nice huts. Not a place for nightlife, though. At my age, that's a plus! Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Pamski wrote:
andyph, good idea! Our friend was worried that if she fell over, not just off the lift, she was struggling to get up - so after skiing the first day we found her and another friend out on a slopey bit of our garden, in all their kit and skis, falling over in the snow and then practising till they could get up easily, then practising till they could get up elegantly.

Shocked Was alcohol involved?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
my brother in law and I once each took a child from a ski class up a lift - only to find that we then had to stay for some time with them, whilst the instructor waited for people to come along (no queues - the entire place was empty). We didn't think we could just ski off and leave a couple of 5 year olds alone, especially as one of them was desperate to go skiing and wanting to set off - though the instructor had very clearly told them that they were to sit at the top and wait for her. They were pretty uncommunicative - my attempts at Basic French Conversation weren't too successful. Then my BiL offered them a sweetie..... not a good idea. They looked horrified. Twisted Evil
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
andyph, of course - afterwards!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
e.g. - you need to come to Sainte Foy. No queues, ever! Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Try the NZ club fields. The long walk in at some, and the really scary drive up at most, coupled with the knee killing rope tow/nutcracker/harness lifts put most people off, apart from the really keen ones. The payoff is 40 or 50 friendly people sharing the whole mountain, with incredible terrain, and some epic powder days. Have a look at www.chillout.co.nz
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Aspen Colorado has no queues
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Was in Killington in Feb this year. Didn't que once all week. Couldn't believe it!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
pam w, you have just described one of my nightmares! Toofy Grin I'd probably have just skied off and left them without a thought - hence you don't want me helping your little nearests and dearests.... Twisted Evil
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
So the consensus seems to be queuing can be reduced if not avoided by careful selection of the time and place of the visit.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
La Plagne at New Year, horrible experience. Only resort I've been to where they have signs two thirds of the way into the queue saying "only 10 minutes to go" aaargh, never, ever again.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Whistler can have massive queues, or none at all. Depends on the day and time of year ... blah blah blah

check out this photo gallery, about halfway down the page there are 4 photos taken Feb 9 2009. Middle of winter. Awesome powder day - ski straight onto the Peak chair.

I guarantee you that all 4 photos were taken with 1 minute of each other.

http://whistlerblackcombsnowreport.com/photo-gallery/2009/february

also here is the link to the blog article that day

http://whistlerblackcombsnowreport.com/11cm-overnight-bluebird-day-630.htm

Edit: to add second link

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Wed 14-10-09 18:56; edited 2 times in total
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Ghost Dog wrote:
La Plagne at New Year, horrible experience. Only resort I've been to where they have signs two thirds of the way into the queue saying "only 10 minutes to go" aaargh, never, ever again.

Any of the big resorts on peak peak weeks are going to be busy...
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Never had problems in Les Arcs or Tignes or Alpe d Huez. The fact that :La plagne has those beware of the queues signs suggests it is worse. Too many bottlenecks and too many new apartments being built. Kaprun for me this NY then Mayrhofen and maybe St A for Easter, can't afford french beer anyway.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Don't go to St Anton. Queues are enormous. On some days, you will be lucky to get more than 4 or 5 runs.
snow conditions
Stay away from (most of the) glacier resorts during early season, at least in Austria. Rather go to non-glacier resorts that have just opened. The German ski clubs just love the glaciers and they will be crowding the lifts from beginning of the season on, especially if it has been cold weather or snowing in Germany (it gets people in the ski mood).. the weather and snow conditions at the actual resort don't matter so much NehNeh
snow conditions
Whislter in my experience gets very busy on fresh snow, as Vanouver is a short drive away and they all tend to pile up the valley.

Lake Louise pretty good, and Kicking Horse (one main lift) but queues at all! This was a couple of years ago.

Queueing stateside is an altogether different experience than Europe.

I really don't mind queueing as long as I don't get trampled on (Tignes glacier this Easter, and a few other bottlenecks, rolling eyes but generally no waiting)
latest report
Les Contamines in mid January. We were the 5th and 6 th tracks down one red run before lunch 4 years ago. Never mind going up, its coming down where it really counts!
snow conditions
I've skied the le fornet glacier in val d'isere over christmas week and I'm pretty sure that not a single person got on the chair during my first lap of the glacier, and that was a blue sky, no wind day as well. That said there were some fairly substantial queues in other bits that week. Its all about choosing the right lifts
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy