Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

How late could I 'safely' leave it B4 going? - La Tania

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

My question is how late could I safely leave it in the season to go out to Courchavel/La Tania and have something to ski on. I know its a how-long-is-a-piece-of-string question but I cant find any decent historical snowfall data to help me make a decision, and give me a date to aim at with the physio!

Was in La Tania last week and dislocated/broke shoulder. Already on the road to recovery. It will take time!

There is a very very slim chance depending on how physio goes that I may be able to ski towards the end of the season, and as I feel robbed of my holiday, I want to try and achieve this (Only if its safe though!)

Thanks for any help you can give!

ScottyDog
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Difficult to say at the moment. Currently snow depths are not as healthy as last year's levels, but anything can happen over the next two months.

Though I would aim for Val Thorens, Tignes/Val d'Isère, or perhaps Arcs 2000 if you're looking at late April. Skied all three into May last year, fantastic conditions, but there are no guarantees!!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Not any help with this season I know, but I skied La Tania the very last week of the (La Tania) season last year (2004). The red into resort was closed due to lack of snow & no snow making, but blue was always skiable. That season La Tania closed a week before Courchevel & Meribel, if the resort had been open another week (and no fresh snow) I think I would have taken the Gondola back down to resort. Other than that we had a great week.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Last year skied 17th April - in Les Arcs - fantastic conditions but the resorts/chalet operators were closing down - for most it was effectively the last week of the season. (would echo PG though and suggest you stay in a high resort as lower runs in the domain got very slushy in the sunshine)
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy