Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What's changing in your skiing?

Poster: A snowHead
Just wondering whose skiing experience is changing / evolving and how. You can comment on anything - ski technique, type of holidays, gear, resorts visited, apres-skiing.

I'll start it off:

I'm enjoying touring more and more - hoping to move away from my typical 90% lift-served holiday.

I'm beginning to accept that I'll never get much better than I am now...especially with any jumps/drops.

I can chase the pow more since moving to the Continent.

My skis are still growing, slowly.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
After too many years of noodly skis that can get shoved around with nil effort I've realised I need to get the hang of skiing bumps properly again with some degree of, ahem, technique. On fat things with metal in 'em. Boo.

Either that or I need a 2nd (3rd?) pair to compensate for the paucity of my mad skillz. All the gear and that.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I have decided that while my Legend Pros are great fun in a lot of situations, a softer lighter setup is probably more suitable for this desk jockey

I'll probably change my mind next season...
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
New skis hopefully!

Other than that nowt changes. I'm happy with my current format of 3 star catered TO trip to either Italy or Austria. I'd love to do a second ski trip in the same season but it's unlikely to happen in the next few years.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I want some new skis too. Got de-tuned race GS at the mo and might add some SL and look at tackling some gates.......may even head to Hemel as I've heard there's a bit of coaching goes on there..... wink

Just have to convince SO that I need SL skis.....
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Circumstances seem to dictate that I'm going skiing less often. That's the biggest change for me.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
horizon wrote:
.... You can comment on anything ....

We most certainly can, and without your permission. This is snowheads. Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I have to decide whether to get a proper job in May and stop working summer on/winter off.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I've realised I have about one more year until all the kids are better then me rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Father Christmas is bringing me new skis (But not in time for my first trip to Andorra to check the flat is still there! I'll have to borrow my sisters museum quality Screams for that Shocked ) Newer, stiffer skis means better controlled blatting down the pistes without the tips flapping like a bird trying to take off. Newer, fatter skis means I can cope with the off-piste better - no falling over every time I try to turn! All got to be a good thing.

Child is now old enough for the creche too, which means I am entering that narrow window of opportunity where I get to ski where I want without a pint-sized cling-on wanting 'MILK!' all the time or overtaking me on the slopes!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I am skiing less due to the credit kerrrrunch Crying or Very sad
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I am spending more due to snowHeads. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Becoming more 'solid' whilst losing some style.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
[quote="pandora"]I'll have to borrow my sisters museum quality Screams for that Shocked )[quote]
Occasionally I have to use an old pair of Screams, and I still think they are fun to ski on. Were they the first of the serious wide freeride skis?
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Arno wrote:
I have decided that while my Legend Pros are great fun in a lot of situations, a softer lighter setup is probably more suitable for this desk jockey

I'll probably change my mind next season...

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked wink
ski holidays
I am no longer able to put ski boots in my hand luggage
snow conditions
my skis slowly got shorter, (from 198 to 165) now they seem to be getting longer again (185)......with two tips.......and fat..... funny that???
ski holidays
1) "Skiing" NOT== "skis". Wink

2) I can still improve. What was "unthinkable" terrain can become "routine". Smile

3) I'm not invinceble. Injury hurts. Sad

4) It's fun to travel and see different scence. Very Happy
snow conditions
Discovered that I could ignore ruts in race course last year - should help improving Nastar handicap this year...
No longer freaked when carving flat chat down runs covered in 2-4inch ice balls - Toofy Grin yay me (it just so does not feel like carving should feel)

No need to spend way too much time on the end of a camera this season - will be nice to ski more!
Maybe starting to work on my instruction skills (after how many years being asked/told etc I should?) should be fun... Toofy Grin

Getting better at not believing the rest of the world skis as well as would appear to be the case reading ski forums! (doh!)
Getting less intimidated by testosterone fuelled skiers. (very good)

Would be nice to be able to go to gym again as I'm not able to work... doc said maybe so we shall see what gives...
ski holidays
I'm getting heaps better in bumps, and that's on fatter and longer skis than before.

I now hire a guide rather than booking a lesson.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy