Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jacket with iPod controls

Poster: A snowHead
I'm looking for a new jacket and would ideally like one with integrated ipod controls since I use it quite a lot whilst skiing. I know such a thing was available a few years ago but I can't seem to find any current jackets on the market. Does anyone know about any? Puzzled
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Spyder do them
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Do you have a link cos I can't seem to find one on their website. I guess it's pretty expensive as well! Shocked
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
try this link
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
or this link: www.poxyspyderclothingthatonlyanumptywouldwear.com
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
rungsp, Laughing
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Pretty sure Decathlon had a range of own brand (Wedze) iPod jackets. Their new season range is due any week but they still have some of last season's stock on sale at bargain prices.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Burton did/do one http://www.snowboarding.com/products03/jan03/burtonjacket.html you can get one with speakers built into the collar as well rather than headphones.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
what's the difference between having "integrated controls" and having a separate control that just clips wherever you need it? Unless you only ever wore one jacket, you'd need a separate one anyway.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
pam w wrote:
what's the difference between having "integrated controls" and having a separate control that just clips wherever you need it? Unless you only ever wore one jacket, you'd need a separate one anyway.

lots of ££ I'd suggest Wink
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
That's a fair point pam w - thing is I do mainly wear one jacket and it is a neater solution. Still haven't managed to find a jacket currently for sale all the links etc seem to turn up old articles and products - and yes I had tried google before.
I'll have to keep an eye on the Decathlon range though.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Tog24 have a few integrated control jackets

http://www.tog24.com/highlights.php?id=2

Im pretty sure White Rock do as well. Very Happy
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Surfanic make one and the price was reasonable, specs are not bad either: i have one in brown and it works well enough with the sleeve mounted controls.

http://www.surfanic.com/PRD_ProductDetail_Main.aspx?cid=40&prodid=2025&Product=Royal-Jacket
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

since I use it quite a lot whilst skiing

I know this is all the rage (ie having music belting out whilst skiing or boarding) but am I in the minority of snow users who think it is just downright dangerous?

I can't see how blasting your lugs via the largest (and stupidest looking) head phones and thus blocking out all sounds that you would otherwise hear around you while skiing can be at all safe.

Maybe I'm just speaking from the point of view of a skier who has nearly been hit twice at high speed by others who were so engrossed in their tunes that they were oblivious as to what/who was around them on the mountain...

I am a massive music fan (step forward Rammstein) but I can't see how it, snowsports and safety can sit comfortably together. Puzzled
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Bergmeister wrote:
........I know this is all the rage (ie having music belting out whilst skiing or boarding) but am I in the minority of snow users who think it is just downright dangerous?.........

Here we go again rolling eyes Makes a change form helmets though Laughing
ski holidays
achilles,

Laughing

Exactly what I thought....

"here we go..." Laughing
snow conditions
Those seperate control things you can get for ipods that clip to your clothes... how do they handle skiing weather? sounds like a great idea just scared i'll have to chenge it whenever it snows.
ski holidays
Quote:

I can't see how blasting your lugs via the largest (and stupidest looking) head phones and thus blocking out all sounds that you would otherwise hear around you while skiing can be at all safe.

Bergmeister, Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing I think I can safely say that in many, many, months of skiing in recent years I have yet to see anyone on the slope in large and stupid looking headphones. Stupid people are dangerous whether or not they're listening to music, and vice versa. I guarantee you could not tell, as you overtook me (or vice versa) whether or not I was listening to music.

dulcamara, I've had a Giro one for years and it's never been a problem in bad weather - so far so good.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy