Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Light/luggable 3 pair ski bag

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking to take 3 pairs of skis to Canada this winter and am flying Air Canada so you get a pretty generous weight allowance of 32kg for one overseized/weight bag.

Looking to take a pair of fats (icelantic shaman), mid-fats (monster im82s) and GS (RC4 WC 175) which weigh in pretty hefty and am having trouble tracking a down a big enough bag weighing less than 5kg.

Any ideas? Puzzled Cheers in advance.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
5 kg sounds very light to give any protection at all and most ads seem to avoid giving weight figures.
Might be possible to buy a cheap one and strip out the padding.
http://www.skiwear4less.com/acatalog/Big_Air_Cargo_Ski_Bag.html
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
oz5000, fit Vist bindings? Spyderjon sells them ( and £0 seems a bargain Toofy Grin ) basically each pair of skis has mounting plates, and just one pair of bindings fits all.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
you might be able to get 3 pairs inthe ellis brigham team addtion roller bag... I get 2 pairs, plus boots, plus poles, plus gloves, salopets jackets etc in mine and it normally comes to 27kg
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
oz5000, We've got a Rossi double ski bag, fully padded and easily takes two pairs with room for more. I havent tried three pairs in but would think it would hold them.

Bought it from Slush & Rubble about 4 years ago in the sale. Comes in really useful since we only use it for one pair and fill the space with' padding' Toofy Grin
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
achilles wrote:
oz5000, fit Vist bindings? Spyderjon sells them ( and £0 seems a bargain Toofy Grin ) basically each pair of skis has mounting plates, and just one pair of bindings fits all.

Thanks for the tip but that's gonna work out pretty expensive. Actually already have Vist 816s on the Shamans, but mounted directly onto the ski.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I too had a standard Rossi "double" bag, a couple of years ago it coped with bringing three pairs back from the states - but one pair was unmounted. I'm not sure it would have fitted if there was a third pair of bindings in there.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I have a Dynastar 3 pair wheelie bag. It's a pretty solid piece of kit so maybe heavier than you are looking for. However, you need a pretty solid bag to carry 3 pairs of skis.

I have only used it with 2 pair of skis (albeit heavy ones) and with those, boots and other junk it was about as heavy as I would want to cope with
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Arno wrote:
I have a Dynastar 3 pair wheelie bag. It's a pretty solid piece of kit so maybe heavier than you are looking for. However, you need a pretty solid bag to carry 3 pairs of skis.

I have only used it with 2 pair of skis (albeit heavy ones) and with those, boots and other junk it was about as heavy as I would want to cope with

Thanks for this. I'll be taking boots and clothes separately (good old Air Canada let you take a boot bag in addition to skis, sweet), this is just for skis and poles so hopefully I'll be able to cope! Head Monster bag is the lightest I've found so far at 5.2kg; the Dynastar roller is over 6kg!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I've had 3 pairs in a snowandrock double wheelie before (one fat, 1 mid one slalom)
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I've got three pairs in my Dakine Fall Line double ski bag in the past. The bag is allegedly 4kg. You have to split the skis and have them facing outwards to fit three pairs in.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Put some threaded inserts in your skis and it's easy Wink

Alternatively, bubble wrap and some string should do the job nicely.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks to all for your input. In the end it was all USELESS, but I found a link to this on another thread:

http://www.sports-outlet.co.uk/epages/es122229.sf/secgriAH0hBgwM/?ObjectPath=/Shops/es122229/Products/210912

and my problem is solved. 3.6kg, get in!

Have made a donation to snowHeads to say 'Cheers!'.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy