Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Compression tights

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm not sure if these things actually work or not, however I'm always up for a gimmick, so I think I’ll give them a try... Very Happy

What I can't understand is whether its worth buying the top end "Skins Ice" brand for over £55 or whether the cheaper the Nike or Puma standard sports compression tights - for around £20 - are as good (or virtually as good...)?

Does anyone have any views on whether the high end brands like Skins are in actual fact that much better then the cheaper brands or is it all marketing cr4p and they are all as good (or bad?!) as each other?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
pretty sure this was discussed extensively last season, have you tried a search?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
1556garyt, I was recommended to wear them by a physio whom I had consulted for a hamstring injury. I think they work - no pain either during or after exercise. I only wear them while I exercise - apparently some fanatics carry on wearing them for some hours after exercising (even at night!) to aid muscle recovery, or some such. OTT. My physio warned me that Skins were the most expensive and, in her view, that level of expense was unnecessary. Following a recommendation on snowHeads, I buy Linebreak leggings from http://www.wiggle.co.uk/d/cycle/7/1/1/ they are incredibly comfortable and not too costly. It is important that you buy a small enough size - they should actually compress (without cutting off your circulation!)
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Lower body compression works, but upper body is more suspect.

Skins are very expensive fo rwhat they are, and they don't last very well. I'm recommend linebreak for cost or 2xu if you got a bit more to spend... as above if you look at wiggle or chain reaction cycles they do them cheaper then most places.

go a size smaller then you think.

and yes theres a long thread on this somewhere if you use search.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Thu 1-10-09 9:54; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Work for me
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Go for the red ones of you want to look like spiderman or blue for superman. Wink
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Get Skins, kickbacksports is the cheapest on the net.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I have the 2xu elite ones and they are amazing honestly my legs can be knackered and I put them on and feel supported and can walk normally etc I also have the long sleeved top in comparison I also bought the aldi ones shorts and top and they are crap in comparison but better than nike that was useless just like a tight t shirt !
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
DB wrote:
Go for the red ones of you want to look like spyderman Wink

Is that when he's driving his Landy?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy