Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Christmas 2010 - Help!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone any ideas as to how to deal with Christmas day on a Saturday? We (family of 4) normally ski Xmas week but there will be no flights on Saturday 25th this year.
Looking for Avoriaz/Morzine or anywhere in easy rwach of Manchester/Liverpool. would consider decent snow area in Austria as we have never been.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
keshvane, I guess the only option is to fly day before and find a B&B close by.

But no doubt someone who knows what they are talking about will be along soon
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
keshvane, we've got a Sunday changeover which means Christmas week starts on 19th December and New Year week on 26th.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
keshvane, I've noticed several TOs and chalet owners running staggered or extended weeks at the beginning of the season (followed by a short week at the beginning of January). Check with the tourist office for where you want to go and find out what the schedule will be before you worry about what days to fly.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
keshvane, We're being flexible with Christmas and New Year this year, for just that reason. 10% off for SHs. I'll PM you.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Lots of firms have switched to Sunday change overs (or Mondays even) and I'm guessing independent hotels and sel-catering will largely move to Sundays (probably with a 6 day catch up week early in Jan). A few are doing weird and wonderful 5 or 9 night durations just to really confuse and keep people on their toes ... I swear it seemed like a good idea at the time Toofy Grin
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ctskifam, Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
keshvane, If you look at the accommodation websites - or TO brochures - whatever you usually use, that should indicate the way different places are coping with Christmas Day falling on a Saturday. for example, on one of our big local agency's websites, the changeover dates are 18th and 26th December and 2,9 and 15 January - so the Christmas "week" is a day longer, with a shorter "week" in mid January to get back to Sat/Sat.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I noticed a lot of the self catering appartments on Peak Retreats website are available for 8 night stays for christmas week. (saturday 18th to sunday 26th I think). They list a few hotels in Les Gets too. You'd need to book your own flights.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy