Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

K2 SETH VICIOUS

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Guys, how good would a pair of K2 SETH VICIOUS be as all mountain tools and in pow? Cheers.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Mollerski, let 'search' be your friend.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I thought that a few snowheads might be my current 'friends'. wink
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Mollerski, if you want to gossip there is this thread. Otherwise it might be best to keep comment on a ski in a good thread available already. Makes it easier for the next sH who wants to find out about the ski.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
achilles wrote:
Mollerski, if you want to gossip there is this thread. Otherwise it might be best to keep comment on a ski in a good thread available already. Makes it easier for the next sH who wants to find out about the ski.

Eh? What exactly are you trying to say? Puzzled

As for your sarcy 'Search' comment.- If you input 'Seth' you'll pull-up a load of posts re. Seth Morrison, ObSETHed etc, etc. Input 'Vicious' and all manner of crap comes up, put the two together and it doesn't help much. Is it so bad to ask the qustion directly? What is this forum for? Sad
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
http://www.ski-review.com/content/view/766/30/

from seeing people I ski with use them, I think they will be a good all-rounder with the compromises on ice ..like a few all-mountain skis... but then again, if you were looking to ski hard-pack all the time, you wouldn't/shouldn'nt be looking at thse, IMV.

I think they will be ok-ish in moguls... if you can slide and bank them well enough... or just turn on the tops to help you out ..but again, you will factor in a useable technique to deal with these as the BIG PLUSES will be in deeper snow.

I think they will allow some decent speed and charges here which will be great fun,...
GS type turns in deeper snow....or s's if you prefer, IMO.

Depending on your stats, a 6 footer and 80 plus kgs should ski the 189, IMV...
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks JT, these are for my 15yo son. He's on Volkl Dogens at present, which aren't so hot off piste. He'll keep the Dogens for Freestyle type work. The criteria is a twin-tip which is a genuine all-mountain ski with decent powder credentials. He's 5'8" and 10.5 stone, skied all his life, loads of lessons, race training etc. You know the type of kid, spoilt. wink

Is the K2 PE the only way to go? Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Seths were loved by the La Grave guide I skied with in 2008.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
How about liberty Hazmats? plenty of last seasons going cheap on the ebay
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Mollerski,

Wouldn't say it was the only way to go... but certainly an option. I am not sure what other lenghts they go to and I think lenght is important in TT's.

For his current stats, I'd say a 90mm plus is where you start looking..maybe wider... and around 180mm..but then he may well grow pretty quickly and wreck this thinking.

A perfect ski for him would have been, IMV, Kiwi's Nomads he was selling off cheap... I am not sure he has any left..
That ski would have growing room as well as the 180 handles much bigger guys without being a killer on technique..not that that sounds like his issue, anyway.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Seths will be perfect for him - because he's a charger he'll definititely need 189s - now if only there were some for sale wink
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy