Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes Snow Report - Winter 2009/10

Poster: A snowHead
rubbish conditions today, flat light, cloud, wind and snow showers. Lets hope its better tomorrow!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
russ_e wrote:
rubbish conditions today, flat light, cloud, wind and snow showers. Lets hope its better tomorrow!

Sunshine, good viz and high clouds this morning so hopefully better conditions for some wink
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
roll on the 20th snowHead

http://www.tignesnet.com/images-and-videos/tignes-video-snow-reports.htm
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Winter returned to Tignes yesterday (Friday) with cold temperatures and great snow Very Happy
Thursday night and early Friday morning brought a small fall of snow which was just enough to refresh the pistes and off pistes. Friday morning dawned snowy but soon the clouds cleared and we were rewarded with a superb morning and afternoon Very Happy Very Happy Last night the resort temperature was - 13 C at 11.00pm Sad Today was slightly overcast but again cold and slightly windy.

Yesterday was also the end of the French holidays so we are expecting a quieter week in the ski school although the resort is expected to be busy due to the X games. My clients last week included Dutch, French, Israeli, Portugese & a smattering of Brits. The ESF is truly an international ski school wink
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
stewart woodward wrote:
russ_e wrote:

Sunshine, good viz and high clouds this morning so hopefully better conditions for some wink

Agree Thursday morning was OK but I had a hangover from hell Sad
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
All the holiday crowds have gone back home Very Happy and we have very quiet pistes and beautifull sunshine Very Happy Very Happy

Hopefully it will last all week Very Happy
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi stewart woodward, Sent you a PM on Saturday about some lessons, did you get it? (sorry about highjacking the snow report everyone!)

Steve
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
SteveKirby wrote:
Hi stewart woodward, Sent you a PM on Saturday about some lessons, did you get it? (sorry about highjacking the snow report everyone!)

Steve

Hi Steve, sorry no PM received Puzzled
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I've just resent, any good?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Just seen that David Guetta is headlining the party on the 18th. I arrive on the 20th Sad

Looks like plenty of snow, though.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
SteveKirby wrote:
I've just resent, any good?
Sorted Very Happy

Bright sunshine this morning but it was F f ffff Cold Sad Probably one of the coldest days of the season. A day to ride on covered chairs, bubbles and underground trains. Thankfully we have all of these Very Happy The good news is it will keep the snow in great nick.

A few snow flurries this afternoon with snow forecast for tonight Very Happy Hopefully some nice light powder tomorrow.

I think David Guetta(who ever he is wink ) is appearing this thursday the 11th not next week.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I am heading out to tignes for the first time on 1st April for long weekend, cant wait.

Hopefully have a bit of sun then as last three trips have been good powder and snow, but very overcast.... could do with a bit of spring skiing.

Will the snow still be in good shape then lower down?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Libertine wrote:
I am heading out to tignes for the first time on 1st April for long weekend
Will the snow still be in good shape then lower down?

Should be no problem. The resort closes in mid May and we normally have great powder at the end of the season.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
stewart woodward, you based there for the season?

Myself and 3 other snowHeads will be there from 21st to 28th this month.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Bikeandsnow wrote:
stewart woodward, you based there for the season?

Myself and 3 other snowHeads will be there from 21st to 28th this month.

http://www.tignesnet.com/webcam/tignes/53
http://www.tignesnet.com/webcam/tignes/122

Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow report
Just a quick update, I am up at the X Games in Tignes right now. Anyone else at the games this week. Today it kicked off with slope and pipe. Some great moves and big wipe outs. The snowmobile demo was fun to watch waiting to see if they stacked it.

Gota go the party goes on!!!
snow conditions
just booked for val d'isere for my 30th.out on 27th march!!anybody have any suggestions for nice restaurants in val??
latest report
barthez1980, I've had a couple of nice meals at the Canyon before now, quite reasonably priced too if I remember correctly.
snow conditions
Yesterday was truly a BONUS day with bright sunshine, light winds and warmish temperatures Very Happy Very Happy The cold winds have died down and the forecast cloudy day gave way to sunshine and a deep blue sky Very Happy

The conditions are just so good the only thing we lack is another 30cm of fresh powder wink hopefully sometime next week Puzzled The weather forecast though is stable at the moment with more sunshine days forecast. I can see Mrs W and her friends enjoying lots of Rosie wine on sunny terraces during the next few days Confused

This morning is once again a blue bird day Very Happy Very Happy Must go and enjoy the conditions Blush Blush
ski holidays
VolklAttivaS5, thanks,will be sure to check it out. Have a couple of friends coming to Val from Geneva,anybody know of transfer companies that do this route?
latest report
barthez1980, on the slopes for lunch, try the Edelweiss over above le Fornet (I think the run is called Mangon or something like that).
ski holidays
barthez1980, have they considered the bus (Altibus.com) from Geneva? If there are just the two of them then this usually works out the cheapest method of transfer at 105 Euros return, or 65 Euros one way per person. A private transfer for 2 of them will probably cost a few hundred Euros return between them so the bus is probably cheaper.

stewart woodward, hopefully the powder will arrive sometime next week yes! It's been pretty cold here in the UK this week so maybe if the temperature rises a tad that will produce some new snowflakes.
ski holidays
A bit of fresh snow, snow conditions are fairly good in Tignes this morning, but plenty of icy slopes in Val this afternoon.
snow conditions
The forecast looks like it is going to warm up considerably, with rain at the weekend, below 2300m. Great, that's when I arrive.
snow report
bar shaker, what forecast are you looking at??the one i have is for loads of snow on the weekend??
snow conditions
Looked at same forecast on snow-forecast.com (Ski Club website). Off to Zermatt tonight so hoping for some cool temperatures.
ski holidays
A lot of doom and gloom on the weather outlook thread. I head out to Tignes on March 21 and was wondering how much the forecasted warm temperatures including rain impacts the amount of skiing available. Lazy question I know as there are interactive maps to determine the freezing levels but I was hoping for some local knowledge?

many thanks
snow conditions
i think you'll have a ball, that's some dump, and IIRC when it really dumps there's some bizzare weather effect whereby the act of snowing reduces the level of the zero isotherm. i reckon it will be snowing at resort level or thereabouts (2000m), but that's me being optimistic. Laughing definately snow up top, cooler temps coming. it'll be fine.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I'd be surprised to see rain in Tignes, maybe resorts lower down might get rain sometimes. Hope not anyway, I get there tomorrow afternoon Very Happy
snow report
Looks like there's some snow forecast for next Wednesday anyway Very Happy
ski holidays
VolklAttivaS5, I recall standing in Tignes centre watching the torchlight descent last Christmas Eve in torrential downpour. The ESF skiers were coming down drenched, sodden and definitely not happy! It seems Tignes isn't immune but am sure it will all come good.

Have a great trip Cool
snow report
Bluebell, oh! I didn't know that. I thought it was a bit high at 2100m for rain but I suppose if it's warm enough any 'snow' will come down as rain instead.

Hopefully it will get a bit chillier next week as apparently it's been in the high teens temperature wise today out there!
snow report
Bluebell wrote:
VolklAttivaS5, I recall standing in Tignes centre watching the torchlight descent last Christmas Eve in torrential downpour. The ESF skiers were coming down drenched, sodden and definitely not happy!

I remember that well Sad Soggy gloves and rain running down your arm Sad Sad

Don't let all these doom monsters put you off the skiing is still very good Very Happy although today very spring like. Hopefully we will not have too much rain tomorrow at resort level but the good news is it should be snowing higher up Very Happy

As they always say 'best skiing on the upper slpoes' Very Happy Very Happy Glad i am not some where low wink
ski holidays
stewart woodward, On behalf of VolklAttivaS5 I'm posting this.

Arrived in Tignes today and was in the Alpaka hoping to see you at 6.30pm this eve. Phone has died and so had to borrow a laptop. Hopefully you will make contact somehow.
snow report
Bluebell wrote:
stewart woodward, On behalf of VolklAttivaS5 I'm posting this.

Arrived in Tignes today and was in the Alpaka hoping to see you at 6.30pm this eve. Phone has died and so had to borrow a laptop. Hopefully you will make contact somehow.

Didn't make the Alpaka last night but should be there tonight.

Yesterday turned out much better than forecast with some blue sky in the morning before the clouds rolled in during the afternoon. There was some fresh snow above 2400m and thankfully very little rain below this height Confused
A met some clients at the top of Val D Funival and we had a couple of runs down the Tommusses bumps, which were very slushy, before heading to Val D via Epaule bumps which were even slushier. FTS favourite run, Santons, was closed due to the avalanche risk although some idiots went under the ropes and skied it Puzzled Runs are closed for a reason not so some idiots can duck under the ropes and put themselves and others at risk.

After a refreshing beer for the clients we skied around the Fornet area before finishing down the Fornet bumps. Lots & lots of bumps yesterday but they were very soft and really enjoyable.

Whilst we were in the Fornet area we saw a massive natural avalanche on the opposite side of the valley and other natural avalanches were evident. The risk of 3/5 was probably too low and just shows that you should always make your own assesments.

This morning it is snowing/sleet in the village so hopefully higher up we will have some POWDER Very Happy Very Happy We still have lots & lots of snow so don't be too concerned if you are coming for Easter. There will be enough of the white stuff for you to enjoy Blush
latest report
Runs to Brev were shut yesterday as avalanches were blocking Melezes and Chardons. I at at Les Melezes Hotel at lunchtime and watched some massive slides in 13deg C.

The Vallon de Sache has fissures everywhere and slips all the way along from Percee down.

All in all pretty rubbish.
snow report
Hi stewart woodward, sent you an email this week, did you get it?

Steve
latest report
Dumping today. Poor viz but boot deep fresh tracks. Avi risk 4 and some enormous slips to be seen.

Soft, soft, soft!
snow report
One of those 'beautifull alps mornings today' with deep blue skies, warm temperatures and very little wind Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

The main focus for today must be lots & lots of suncream and dont forget those shades Cool Cool

(libary picture)
snow conditions
We woke up yesterday to the same skies as Stuart's picture but lots of warm wind too. There is snow on all runs but its porridge by mid morning, below 2400m. By mid afternoon, anything low is pure slush and not much fun, with brown patches appearing everywhere from Piste H to Chardons.

It needs to cool down and snow soon, if there is to be enough to cope with the Easter crowds.

On the upside, Sache is amazing by late morning. Hard, icy and fast on the pisted upper levels, soft and forgiving on the steep mogul fields above Brev. On a board, it was as good as a piste gets.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy