Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

SnowHeads in Whistler-21st MArch onwards.

Poster: A snowHead
Robbie wrote:
(Only going to risk it now as i assume there is no really scary terrain left!)

Robbie, lack of snow doesn't hold back the loopy Extremely Canadian guides from trying to scare you! Yes, some of the gnarlier couloirs are shut due to lack of cover, but elsewhere the bumps are bigger, the chutes are icier and there are no soft landings Madeye-Smiley

(p.s if stuarth does another EC then make sure he doesn't try to sneak off home early because of "boot problems" wink )
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
stuarth, have booked the lift passes, but will we be cycling instead? Sad
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Robbie, at the moment there _really_ isn't anywhere extreme (or even close) to ski, most off piste stuff is still frozen solid (guess that kind of makes it all extreme but not much fun!!), but if the conditions do get better I'll be up for it Madeye-Smiley
johnnyrotten, Boots now pretty much fixed after the surgery Snowcovers did on them snowHead
Helen Beaumont, There is still skiing to be done, but it's a bit limited at the moment (please snow, please!!), there is not really any tree skiing and not really any snow below the Emerald Chair, the bike trails on the other hand...
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Well it is looking promising this morning. As well as snowing today the forecast is:

Thursday 4cm
Friday 12 cms
Saturday 20cms
Sunday 12cm
Monday 4cm

Freezing level down dramatically to 600m so the tide may have turned?
Blush
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

*dances happily around her desk*

Ooops

*stops dancing, blushes, and returns to her desk to do some "work"*
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Robbie,
My last day and cannot concentrate. So much to do really but am sooo excited. Foxy must still be in bed.....
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Weeeeeeeeeee, again, for you.

Did you start to pack yet?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Robbie,
No! Have to do tonight. Got some ski kit out and walked around house in helmet and goggles for 10 mins but basically no! Have to say the snow prediction is cheering me up and the drop in temp is promising. Little Angel
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Yes, agree. Am sat here with the biggest smile on my face, but have to say, will only believe it when it actaully happens. Given how soaked through i got when all the rain hit there in JAnaury, i am a little cautious.

I often put my boots on to do the ironing before a trip, but not often my helmet and goggles Laughing
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Well have a great trip everyone! I think your are going to time it just right. May it snow 350cm (minimum) each night and may the sun shine all day. (Old ancient Irish proverb) and May the force be with you all.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Bernard Condon, Thanks very much.

Am sure we will get on line once or twice to let you know how we are doing.

snowHead snowHead snowHead sleeps
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Robbie,
That's your job...... you know the nearest internet cafe by any chance?!!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Oh yes, i have an account at the Electric Daisy!

(you should have known i would!)
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Robbie,
Do you have an account at the Longhorn by any chance? wink wink
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
No, sorry. Have i let you down Sad

However, Brewhouse and the GLC.....
wink
snow report
Time for you to start smiling...
http://www.whistlerblackcomb.com/weather/cams/bikepark/eb.htm
ski holidays
Well it's snowing at the moment in the village - I think we have up to almost a trace so far!! snowHead
snow conditions
snowHead and about time too. Have a great holiday all you who are Whistler-bound.

I'm off to Chamonix tomorrow. Where, unlike Whistler, there almost certainly won't be any fresh snow this weekend...rolling eyes snowHead
snow report
Robbie, See you in Whistler!!!! Now get back to work will you - you've got another 2 days to do yet!!

I'm off home now to finish the packing! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
Having a day off tomorrow to pack, the bad news is the ski boot bag and holdall I ordered have not arrived, as the delivery driver has been involved in an accident, so I've nothing to pack the stuff in!!!!
ski holidays
Helen Beaumont,
You could always wear them I suppose! Just about to start packing and I leave in the morning. I have the bags to pack but not the gear yet!
geetee,
welcome to snowheads and see you in Whistler
snow report
geetee, He he, another member to the fold. Welcome and enjoy - it is very addictive.

See you saturday evening - have my dinner waiting, wont you??

Laughing Laughing Laughing
latest report
some good news and bad news....

the bad news is that my biking plans for the next few days have been put on hold... going skiing instead snowHead
the good news is that it did indeed snow 5 to 10 cm (varied depending on where you go). Pretty much snowed all day, some heavy, some light. The place almost looks like a ski resort again snowHead
snow report
Ooooh, oooh, oooh. stuarth, you make me a very happy lady (how often do you get told that, wink )

snowHead snowHead sleeps
ski holidays
stuarth,
That is great and am leaving for airport in 2 hours with a big smile on my face! See you all in a few days! Little Angel
snow report
Safe journey Mouth, see you there

snowHead
snow conditions
More snow forecast too by the looks of things. See you guys on Monday. Just off to sorting office to pick up my tee-shirt.
snowHead snowHead snowHead sleeps to go!
snow report
Helen Beaumont, It's a bit extreme wrapping your ski boots in a SnowHeads T-shirt!!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Bernard Condon, luggage arrived, fortunately. SnowHeads tee-shirt is in holdall, so are boots.
ski holidays
Helen Beaumont, HAVE FUN! May it snow endlessly both there and here in Serre Che! (??!!) Ref: apartment: The builders are back; the crane's working hard. Will have to take periodic photos for you. Enjoy the skiing. Mel
snow report
Mel@EurekaSKI, thanks Mel, we should have come back out, maybe it would have snowed again.
Glad to hear the works started again . Ours will be the next block to go up I believe
ski holidays
Alpine recreation forecast for the South Coast Mountains issued by Environment Canada at 5.00 am pst Friday 18 March 2005 for today tonight Saturday Sunday Monday and Tuesday.
The next scheduled forecast will be issued at 2.00 pm.

Synopsis..An upper trough of low pressure will approach the region today bringing scattered flurries. A Pacific front will spread precipitation to the South Coast mountains by Saturday afternoon with higher freezing levels as warmer air aloft moves in.

Whistler - Blackcomb.
Today..Cloudy with sunny periods. 60 percent chance of flurries.
Alpine high minus 4. Snowfall accumulation trace to 2 cm. Freezing level surface rising to 1200 metres this afternoon. Mountain top winds light and variable.
Tonight..Cloudy with 60 percent chance of flurries. Alpine low minus 7. Snowfall accumulation trace to 3 cm. Freezing level 1000 metres lowering to surface this evening. Mountain top winds south 10 km/h increasing overnight to 30.
Saturday..Cloudy. Snow developing near midday. Alpine high zero.
Snowfall accumulation 9 to 15 cm. Freezing level surface rising to 1500 metres late in the day. Mountain top winds south 30 km/h.

Extended forecast for Whistler - Blackcomb.
Sunday.. Rain changing to snow late in the day. Snowfall accumulation 3 to 5 cm. Rainfall amounts 14 to 20 mm. Freezing level 2000 metres lowering to 1300 metres late in the day.
Monday.. Periods of snow. Snowfall accumulation 8 to 14 cm. Freezing level 1200 metres.
Tuesday.. A mix of sun and cloud. 30 percent chance of flurries.
Snowfall accumulation 1 to 3 cm. Freezing level 1000 metres.

5 Day Trend..The front will be slow moving Sunday and periods of rain or snow will continue. Freezing level will drop Sunday night and Monday as a cold front crosses the region. A drying trend is expected to start on Tuesday as the front pulls off to the east.

COPYRIGHT 2005 ENVIRONMENT CANADA.
ski holidays
HURRAH

Thanks Acacia.

just one sleep. Assuming i manage to pack this evening, and therefore get to bed at all.

snowHead
ski holidays
snowHead snowHead sleeps Robbie, see you Monday. Do I need to keep a big table in the GLC (assuming I'm there first, may not be ) ?
snow report
Bon voyage, everyone and good ski snowHead
snow report
I'm hoping to drive up to Whistler on Tuesday. I'll be on my own unless I drag my 16 yr old son out of school for the day, think he'd complain? I'll also be looking for a few people from the TGR forum on channel 5-13. Anyone carry two-way radios? I'd be happy to ski some runs with any of you. Will have a black Boeri helmet with PM stickers on the back, Mt Baker sticker on the front, dark blue and grey jacket if cold or green light weight if warm, black pants held together with black duct tape, either Head Monsters or K2 Fours depending on conditions. 10am outside the Roundhouse? Let me know. Otherwise if I ride a lift with anyone with a British accent I'll ask if they're a Snowhead!
I haven't skied in 26 days, OUCH, that hurts! Baker has been closed for a couple weeks but with the new snow this week and more on the way they are hoping to re-open next Wednesday. I haven't made it up to Whistler yet this season either so I can't wait to get back on skis.
ski holidays
fiddler, we'll be about. All will be wearing dodgy hats. One with devil horns, one jester style, one with strategically placed (or not) multi-colocurwed pom=poms, and a very distinct six-cornered yellow and purple one. You're welcome to join us.
latest report
Check out todays forecast!! 49 to 80cm new through Monday!!
Whistler - Blackcomb.
Today..Cloudy. 60 percent chance of flurries. Alpine high minus 2.
Snowfall accumulation 2 to 5 cm. Freezing level 800 metres.
Mountain top winds southeast 30 km/h gusting 50.
Tonight..Snow heavy at times. Alpine temperature steady near minus 3.
Snowfall accumulation 30 to 50 cm. Freezing level 800 metres.
Mountain top winds south 30 km/h gusting 50 increasing to 70 gusting 100 around midnight.
Sunday..Snow. Alpine high zero. Snowfall accumulation 15 to 25 cm. Freezing level 1400 metres. Mountain top winds south 70 km/h gusting 100 diminishing in the afternoon to 40 gusting 60.

Extended forecast for Whistler - Blackcomb.
Monday.. Flurries. Snowfall accumulation 2 to 5 cm. Freezing level 800 metres.
Tuesday.. A mix of sun and cloud. 30 percent chance of flurries.
Freezing level 800 metres.
Wednesday.. Sunny. Freezing level 1000 metres.
snow report
Fellow SnowHeads, my last post before I hit the slopes. Whistler here we come. See those of you who can in the GLC on MOnday at 5.30, anyone coming out later, we'll be about. snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead
latest report
Well it seems like good timing for all you snowheads out here, looks like winter at last. I think the years snowfall has been doubled in the last few days!! Yesterday I found some waist deep powder (though that was in the trough of some moguls!) - nice!! snowHead snowHead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy