Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

SnowHeads in Whistler-21st MArch onwards.

Poster: A snowHead
All SnowHeads in Whistler -GLC (Garibaldi Lift Company) Monday 21st MArch from 5.30 onwards. As there are quite a few of us in Whistler over Easter-time, there will probably be plenty of other opportunities to meet up. Post your dates on here, and we'll arrange something when you're there. more info
snowHead snowHead
Looking forward to meeting you all.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Helen Beaumont, Thanks for posting that.

For those of you who might be coming to Whistler with families, children are welcome in the GLC until 7pm, so do please bring them if you want to.

Look forward to meeting some of you then.

snowHead
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
very jealous of ye all - GLC one of my favourite apres bars of all time - very happy memories of my honeymoon from there!

enjoy all Smile
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Come on, LBT, you know you want to

Laughing
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sounds like fun. Arriving on 20th for 8 days so will be there! Haven't been to Whistler for 10 years so am expecting great things. Sounds like the snow conditions are improving which is good. Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Ooh, Mouth, Are you ever going to see some changes!! This was my 11th season out there, and the differences are huge. (mostly good)
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Mouth, welcome to SNowHeads, join us for a drink.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Mouth, welcome to snowHeads.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! I will certainly be joining you for a Moosehead or two. Laughing
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Come on you know you want to join us for a drink.
9anyone coming out later in the week or so, please let us know when you're arriving and we'll have another beer with you too. snowHead snowHead snowHead
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I can Whistle in the William if that helps ?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Paul Mason, whistle all you like, I won't be there I'll be in the GLC in Whistler snowHead snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
http://forums.epicski.com/showthread.php?t=25029
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Wear The Fox Hat, that seems a bit mean.

You and Mouth may be joking in your other thread, but is there any need to try and just pull people down Sad

Everyones vacations are precious to them, as i am sure you well know. We none of us can affect the weather and snow conditions, we can just make the best of whatever nature, and God, give us.

Shock
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
WTFH Sad

Have to agree with Robbie on that one - seems a liitle unfair since you've not been here and are just quoting from the rumour mill , but if you want to play it like that....

Your local slope is Milton Keynes, mine is Whistler and Blackcomb. Who's looking smug now?

I have nearly 50 days good skiing under my belt, event in the worst of the rain I've not really had a bad day, and 50 still to do, you have a few days in Colorado - wahoo!!?
I spent quite a while skiing in the US last year and I'd give them all up for a few days in W/B even in a bad snow year.
US apres - WTF is that?
snow conditions
stuarth,
Do keep up updated with the conditions Stuarth. Would be good to get things first hand. Foxy and I are just having a laugh on the other thread.
snow report
Robbie and stuarth, I apologise.
snow conditions
Thanks Wear The Fox Hat.

Am prepared to admit that I might be a bit hyper-sensitive, but this is the vacation i have booked so need to make the best of it.

stuarth, give us an update please. How was your Extremely Camp, and who was your pro?

20 sleeps....

YIPPEE

snowHead snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
Robbie, 21 sleeps!!!! Fox, we originally planned to go to Colorado or even Tahoe, so don't make me feel even worse about it. Sad , Too much psne now to change our plans . Still, some you win, some you lose, skiing anywhere's a gamble these days.
However, both our trips across the pond have had disappointing conditions now, so probably won't risk it again.
snow conditions
Helen Beaumont, wait until you see, and ski, Whistler, under any conditions.
I really believe you will have a wonderful time, and understand why so many of us continue to cross the pond.

snowHead

Earlier today i thought my trip had bitten the dust. Sad
I tripped in my home, and turned my foot/ankle over really badly. It now looks as if i have a golf ball under the skin, and the ligaments are nice and stretched, so i will be making with the arnica and lots of prayer for the next few days. Mad
ski holidays
Robbie, you poor thing, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!!
latest report
Helen Beaumont, Thank you.
Am sure it will be ok in 20 sleeps - the power of positive thinking (or maybe just denial!!!)

Seriously, glad it didn't happen a week later. It was so silly, i only got up to make a cup of tea and just stepped badly and my foot turned right over. Made the cat run out of the room and shoot out through her cat flap, i yowled so hard Embarassed
snow conditions
16 more sleeps till I leave but 19 till actually drive up Highway 99. The forecast is for snow this week so let's celebrate when it does start falling! Would be good to get a live update from Stuarth Little Angel
ski holidays
well looks like snow clouds to me!!

http://www.whistlerblackcomb.com/weather/cams/rndhse_7th.htm
snow report
ooooooohhhhh. Fingers crossed.
Very Happy
snow conditions
Well it snowed a bit today, not much just a dusting. Temperatures started off pretty warm but dropped quite a bit throughout the day. Runs down to the red chair were pretty slushy with a sprinkling of rocks!! Snow in the west bowl was pretty good though the entrance (coqolorum) has got a bit tracked out (unless you want to do Mondays which is a little on the scary side!)
Suffering from the month of unheard of sunny weather a bit, it's forecast to snow a bit more over the next few days (and not rain!) hopefully this'll spruce things up.

Robbie, how's your ankle doing?
ski holidays
ok the cam this morning - looking pretty snowy to me....

http://www.whistlerblackcomb.com/weather/cams/webcam01.htm
snow report
Hurrah, new snow, HURRAH. 5 cm so far, and this from the snow report:

Periods of snow!!!!! Freezing level at 1000m.5 to 10cm expected today!

Snow tonight with expected accumulation of 3 to 5cm

Every little bit helps, and i can feel my foot healing as i read the report! he he he. snowHead

Foot Update: Now nicely swollen from below the ankle bone all the way to the toes, and a nice light shade of purple. No chance of getting a shoe on yet, but hoping to return to work tomorrow. rolling eyes
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Robbie,

Purple is good! The sooner the bruising comes out, the faster you'll get better. You should be able to get some heat in there by now (or better still, alternate hot and cold baths: I can remember getting really funny looks at work after tearing my ankle ligaments, and alternately transferring my foot from a bucket of hot water to one full of ice-water. Worked, though).

Combine this with a lot of cycling, with as extensive a pedal action you can manage (stationary bicycle if you don't fancy risking traffic with a dicky ankle) to work it out.

See you in the GLC in 3 weeks. You'll be the one on crutches - yeah?
latest report
Acacia, and Robbie,

Actually he could be getting the beers in!
snow report
Mouth, I could be getting the beers in?

I am a "she" Laughing

Acacia, thanks for the info. Good to know it means it is on the mend. Cancelled lasyt nights gym session, but hope to be back on the bike in a week.
snow conditions
Robbie,
My sincere apologies! Cool
Well it is normally left up to us girlies anyway!
Actually I hurt my back before my last trip in Feb and my oesteo ordered complete rest from gym etc for a week with very limited exercise the week before my trip. The rest didn't do me any harm and felt great on the slopes. Here's hoping you recover quickly and we can down those beers in the GLC! Smile
snow report
he he, are you a girl in disguise too then? And i guess you are just down the road from me.

I ordered my snowheads tee shirt so you can all find me easily (even without the crutches - i hope!).

snowHead
ski holidays
Robbie,
You are so Blush right!
latest report
Mouth, Robbie, is my hubbie getting the beers in then? looks like he'll be outnumbered
latest report
Well 5cm+ made quite a lot of difference. Today was pretty much a powder day (certainly compared to recent conditions!), especially if you went to find the drifting snow snowHead
It snowed pretty much all day today, sometimes reasonably heavy, sometimes light down to about between the bottom of Emerald and the mid-station, not sure that it snowed as much as 10cm, but it was all good! snowHead
snow conditions
Helen Beaumont,
Oh I have my better half with me who is great at getting the beers in if needed! The post from Stuarth looking promising. When are you leaving Helen and Robbie?
ski holidays
ooh, stuarth, Thanks for that. Good news indeed.

Mouth, I fly out on the 19th.

Helen Beaumont, and Mouth, I dont mind who buys my beers, i am not fussy Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
Robbie,
I arrive 20th having spent a couple of days with friends in Vancouver
Am happy to buy beers too!
snow conditions
Check this link out posted by Foxy on another thread (he is a bit nrevous of this thread these days!!)

http://forums.epicski.com/showthread.php?t=25202

And the forecast is good this week......... Little Angel Little Angel Little Angel
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy